Jun 20, 2018
The original comic books were written as light-hearted colorful short stories for kids. Therefore all the colorful silly costumes and funny superhero names. They changed a lot and evolved, became more serious but it's beside the point. Originally they needed to grab children's attention with the colorful drawings first. That's what I assumed you meant in your original post, that we need some colorful images to go along with our story just because we can't be trusted to understand the meaning of the change from the dialogue without all the colorful visuals to SCREAM "Hey, you did something! Here's Eva's gangster makeover! Even though it doesn't really suit her personality but who cares!"
This is profoundly wrong, and I say this as someone who agrees with you that Eva can be extremely satisfying even without sex, because she writes such compelling characters.

Your example is horrific, however. Golden Age superheros were targeted at the depression-era working class. Stories featured things like Superman beating the shit out of wifebeaters, Batman killing psychopaths, Captain America going to war against the Nazis when America wouldn't (and at a time when Nazis were quite popular among segments of the American public.)

Luckily someone addressed some of this nonsense already.

2) Even if we stick to superheroes, what you describe is an extremely over-simplified an condescending version of Golden Age comics. Yes, they were written to be accessible to kids, but they weren't intended just for them - they were intended as four-quadrants fare. Hence why Superman second story ever was all about how American weapon merchants who fomented wars in South America so they could sell ammo and weapons to both side were evil scum. Or why Jack Kirby and Joe Simmons created Captain America explicitly as a political tract whose message was "Nazis suck, and America should go fight them" - something that earned them death treaths from the New York Bundt. Or why Look magazine - not a kids magazine by any mean - comissioned a short story in which Superman ends World War II by taking Hitler and Stalin to the League of NAtions to be judged. A story that pissed off the Nazis so much they actually wrote about it in the official SS journal.

yiyoiyi

Nov 24, 2017
After watching Lena's side I feel bad for kicking Robert even more.

Also how married are we to them being a couple because honestly I liked Holly better for either side, maybe a three way relationship?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Dysphorika

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
Idk, at first my Ian kicked the shit out of Robert with those leg kicks but in a 2nd playthrought i went with a calm approach and talk it out and i have to say both paths were satisfying :D
Idk if Lena will still work in that restaurant after all the drama...but i don't want Robert hitting on her :D

Lady Aspen

Country girl
GFX Designer
Respected User
Feb 19, 2019

v1_peoplegram.png

Hi guys! We had this little dynamic on GGGB that I really liked where you could comment Ashley's posts like you were her real followers and I'd pick some of those comments and add them in game, making Ash react to them.
I want to do the same thing with Lena and ORS! So go ahead and write down in the comments what you would comment on Lena's Insta-- I mean, Peoplegram and I'll pick some to appear in Chapter 2.
Her followers right now are mostly guys who enjoy artistic nude photography. What would you comment to make her feel valued, to make her notice you or to encourage her to keep posting more pictures like this?

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

ORS Chapter 2 news

Hello everybody!

I've done nothing but work during this quarantine (well, maybe I played a tiny bit of Doom Eternal) and Chapter 2 is underway. I'd say I've finished 3/4 of the writing, maybe even more, and all the art is done on my part and commissioned to be coloured. If everyone does their work as scheduled, Chapter 2 should be out around the 27th of this month (dates are approximate, as always).

Chapter 2 has even more lines of code and text than Chapter 1 (that one was around 7.500) and it will pack as much content as GGGB v0.5 when it was released. I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out, and I think it's a step up from all the elements found in my previous game. This chapter will also be story heavy, but you'll find the first sex scenes (3 possible in total).

I've put the focus on making nuanced character interactions and dialogues that the player can affect with their choices, making ORS feeling much more like a "game" than GGGB did, or so is my intention! Rather than playing a visual novel where you are asked what scenes you want to see and routes you want to follow, I want it to feel like playing a game where you interact directly with the characters through dialogue and contextual choices that will lead to your desired goal, or maybe not! Feeling immersed rather than feeling like a spectator, so to speak. It won't be long for you guys to be able to play it and tell me if I managed to achieve that.

Stay tuned!

Brickman

May 26, 2017

ORS Chapter 2 news

Hello everybody!

I've done nothing but work during this quarantine (well, maybe I played a tiny bit of Doom Eternal) and Chapter 2 is underway. I'd say I've finished 3/4 of the writing, maybe even more, and all the art is done on my part and commissioned to be coloured. If everyone does their work as scheduled, Chapter 2 should be out around the 27th of this month (dates are approximate, as always).

Chapter 2 has even more lines of code and text than Chapter 1 (that one was around 7.500) and it will pack as much content as GGGB v0.5 when it was released. I'm pretty happy with how it's turning out, and I think it's a step up from all the elements found in my previous game. This chapter will also be story heavy, but you'll find the first sex scenes (3 possible in total).

I've put the focus on making nuanced character interactions and dialogues that the player can affect with their choices, making ORS feeling much more like a "game" than GGGB did, or so is my intention! Rather than playing a visual novel where you are asked what scenes you want to see and routes you want to follow, I want it to feel like playing a game where you interact directly with the characters through dialogue and contextual choices that will lead to your desired goal, or maybe not! Feeling immersed rather than feeling like a spectator, so to speak. It won't be long for you guys to be able to play it and tell me if I managed to achieve that.

Stay tuned!
I'm more hyped for this than I was for Doom eternal

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
Eh. He got humiliated by a stronger guy and his reaction was getting blackout drunk and picking a fight with some random nerd so he could feel like a man again.
He's not irredeemable or anything, but he's not a saint, either.
It wasn't just getting humiliated. It was getting humiliated while trying to stand up for the girl you like that you haven't had any success with then when you offer to do something with her to try and cheer her up she turns you down. So, from the perspective of a guy like that, I could definitely see his self confidence plummet then him getting some drinks in his system to try and forget about it

Baka!

Jul 25, 2017
Maybe if Ian raises his physical activity points a lot he ends up becoming a muscular guy like Axel, maybe if we go that route we can even have a hand-to-hand fight Ian vs Axel competing for the love of Lena, I think the fight will be very equal, there will be certain decisions as where to hit, it is important to make correct decisions to win the fight because Axel is not an easy rival

scor099

Aug 6, 2018
Maybe if Ian raises his physical activity points a lot he ends up becoming a muscular guy like Axel, maybe if we go that route we can even have a hand-to-hand fight Ian vs Axel competing for the love of Lena, I think the fight will be very equal, there will be certain decisions as where to hit, it is important to make correct decisions to win the fight because Axel is not an easy rival
EvaKiss invented new ways of income for Ian there was working in the magazine but also MMA fighting, so yeah I think we're going to see some physical changes :unsure:

Reactions: SpikeZg

yiyoiyi

Nov 24, 2017
I don't think his avatar is going to change that much but maybe we are going to end up kicking his ass with Wen's teachings

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Hate this crap where people are talking like Ian is the only Protagonist who will fuck every girl in the game so turn it into another run of the mill guy fucks every girl story as if Lena is some one who needs rescuing or a bodyguard..
I hope there is nothing between Lena and Ian and they can only romance other characters just so those cunts who are talking like Ian is the MAIN PROTAGONIST who will get to fuck every girl in the game can stop that shit.
Hopefully next update has more Lena Content
Lena can fuck everyone too.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Hate this crap where people are talking like Ian is the only Protagonist who will fuck every girl in the game so turn it into another run of the mill guy fucks every girl story as if Lena is some one who needs rescuing or a bodyguard..
I hope there is nothing between Lena and Ian and they can only romance other characters just so those cunts who are talking like Ian is the MAIN PROTAGONIST who will get to fuck every girl in the game can stop that shit.
Hopefully next update has more Lena Content
It's free real estate. Given that both Ian and Lena are the protagonists, there's definitely going to be the option for them to hook up or start a healing relationship to get over their fixation about their ex's. Hell, even in Ch.1 hints were HEAVY, the sexual tension between them was through the roof which is only going to multiply times 10 after their little accident at the end of Ch.1. Ian will now jerk off thinking about Lena instead of his dear old ex. And the embarrassment that Lena is going to feel will give her something to think about as well.

4.60 star(s) 317 Votes