mehGusta

Aug 28, 2017
OK. Now that I ve finished chapter 6 and all possible branchs, and after reading several previous comments, I want to make out my thoughts

What poor Wade did wrong to make you guys want to steal Cindy from him so badly?! Damn, i know, its a game and blah, but he s Ian fucking friend from long time. You cant just go and backstab a friend like that.

Eva s showing signs that Jeremy is going to fuck Lena (Lena Jeremy path). If that happens, I hope that Eva also gives the option to breaking Jeremys fucking face real bad. Send him to the hospital. I like him, but Ian is a nice guy and a good friend (atlast in my savefiles). If Lena comes to try flirt with Jeremy, he NEEDS to turn her down (but he wont. because he s a fucking womanizer, a player (never heard this expression before).

Perry is annoying but i like him. is that kind of dude that you love to hate.

I m also a little scared. You guys who played GGGB know the kind of perverted mind EvaKiss can have.

Damn. I had so much to say about each one of the characters, but this comment s already long, and my english isnt good (my brain s melting). I just wanted to congratulate Eva for the game. It s very, very well written. It s a top five stars
haha good thing i'm not the only one, only being able to have played the game right before the next update.

i too always wondered why cindy gets that much praise. someone said it before though, that she is the only girl who has no scenes yet and isn't some archetype (seeing as ivy is a sex symbol and holly a wallflower). additionally to many people it's delightful to snatch someone away, who is actually already in a relationship. that's the main appeal to mike as well, i think.
It's funny that you bring that up, but Wade is actually a good example of what I see as a sort of "disconnect" between the player and the main character(s). Wade is Ian's friend, he is not mine, I can absolutely sympathize with the friendship and accept that it's rooted in some sort of actual backgroud story, but I do not possess the same emotions towards the man that the character of Ian does, and therefore it doesn't really conflict with me to pursue Cindy to the same degree.

For those kinds of relationships to feel real in fiction, we as consumers needs to be shown it and not told ("Show don't tell" is the first thing you will be taught in writing class). Wade and Cindy being introduced as "Ian's pals" in the first episode is not enough, which is why you see plenty of scenes with Perry and Wade following this initial encounter, this is meant to reinforce the friendships in the group through narrative action. But, by the time we really get to know Wade and his dynamic with both Cindy and Ian, we're already halfway seducing Cindy (those of us that made that choice).

I don't know if you've read my comments but in my very first one in this comment section, I'm pretty sure, I start out by explaining that I had switched around from liking the idea of Ian/Holly by looking at the character roster images, to pursuing Lena/Holly instead simply because I dislike "established relationship dynamics." By this i mean that Holly already has a crush on Ian when you begin the game. This felt unearned to me and I found it a much more enticing endeavour to try and get Holly to fall for Lena because they are total strangers to each other in the beginning of the story and getting them to be a couple would be my own achievement.
"show, don't tell" is definitely a reason why people feel no remorse towards wade. frankly i don't see how wade realistically could maintain the relationship to her, the way he is and evakiss made no effort to keep me from thinking otherwise.

another thing is, however i don't believe it directly projects it's inlfuence on this case, is how jeremy acts. we play as ian and not as jeremy. and i'm sure that people want to play ian as a player. hell you already can have flings with 4 different women (minerva not even included). because when we are going to get the option to try something with jeremy as lena, and we're going to eventually, jeremy won't stop himself for ian. i mean if you fully go allison, jeremy still tries his luck, or at least expects you to be "manly" enough to not be bothered by competition, so why would he stop himself if lena is okay with it.
and that's kinda the same with cindy. sure they are actually a couple, not like the vague situation lena and ian seem to be in, but initially it's not ian's fault that cindy is looking elsewhere. see it this way: if a couple goes to shambles because of cheating, whenever the cheated one is angry at the outsider and not the cheater, they are considered dumb. and rightfully so i might say. the real trust problems come from the cheater not the outsider. and even though ian is not actually an outsider, he is not really out to hurt wade by keeping cindy company.
so far if we look from ian's perspective we have, jeremy who rather does his own thing than to reminiscence of past days, perry who is not worth keeping as a friend (really who needs enemies if you have friends like these), Emma who has not the heart to tell no to perry and despite being happy go lucky with everyone, probably only spends time with the others because they have a history together and wade who would do nothing at all if he could. what kind of friends ian really has? so it's no wonder that when cindy isn't content with the situation, ian can sympathize with her and keep her company instead of wade.

so in the narrative of things, i don't feel ian has the obligation to maybe suppress cindy's only outlook for happiness in for friendship's sake. helping wade might be the right thing to do, but might not have the best outcome either.

-
(and here the continuation from my personal list, i try to keep updated)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
i too always wondered why cindy gets that much praise. someone said it before though, that she is the only girl who has no scenes yet and isn't some archetype (seeing as ivy is a sex symbol and holly a wallflower). additionally to many people it's delightful to snatch someone away, who is actually already in a relationship. that's the main appeal to mike as well, i think.
Personally it's quite simple for me, I just think she's the prettiest. She also looks a bit like me, so maybe it's just me being vain, eh? When viewing the roster of characters before playing the game I was hoping there'd be a route pairing her with Lena. Crossed fingers for that option coming true!

I suppose in a way I empathise with her too. Wade is one of the nightmare-type boyfriends I always dreaded ending up with if I neglected my own self-worth, I'd hate to be young and insecure about my place in life, and be in a relationship with a person that just does nothing but entertain themselves. Still, cheating isn't really a specific kink of mine, so if there's an option for having her break up with Wade before getting Ian some action with her, then that's the route I'd pick.

InfamousGuy

Apr 4, 2019

The Alpha for Chapter 7 is almost ready. I'm finishing up the art assets, as I said, there will be 80+ new, full-color, full-screen illustrations, (not counting variations and animation frames) and they're by far the best looking images I've done for my VNs yet. I'm putting quite a bit of extra time into those to create cool lightning and ambience and adding volumes and shadows to make the images really pop.
Cindy is looking good, isn't she?

Tomorrow will be a busy day, so the Alpha will be finally released this Sunday, so I can do a final check up and make sure all the images are displayed properly and add a couple last minute little tweaks to the script.
Also, you have another sneak peek image in the , since Patron won't allow me to display it here. Watch at your own risk!
Let's go guys, it's almost here!

Vinfamy

creating moddable 3D life simulator
Game Developer
Jul 5, 2017
maybe that sneak peek is from a swingers' foursome with Louise-Jeremy and Ian-Lena girlfriend-swapping. Bit too good to be true for an early chapter like this I know, but not completely out of the question since Ian-Lena is a sort of serious relationship now and Louise-Jeremy relationship is still good if Lena doesn't tell Louise. And Ian-Jeremy and Lena-Louise friendships are still good so far. Lena & Jeremy does fancy each other, and Ian and Jeremy has already 'shared' Alison so really the only one who needs convincing here is Louise.

• Wow
Reactions: scor099 and JasDoc
4.60 star(s) 319 Votes