fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018

Assorted and important news!

Hello everyone!

February just wrapped up and it has been a good month ORS! The community and the game keep growing, slowly but steadily, and I'm really happy to see that. Chapter 7 has been released and it's on it's final development cycle prior to the Final version. It seems you guys really liked it and it has set a record for me on many levels as a developer, and I can say I'm proud of of ORS is turning out.

So, what's next?

First of all, Chapter 7 Final, which will be released this next Saturday. I've already began development on Chapter 8, but there are a few other tasks I have been taking care of. All my time and focus has been put on developing ORS chapter after chapter, and I've been putting off some important stuff regarding the game and the business.

Thanks to Lara's help, we now have a running page on (finally!) for both and . For now people can download the free demos there, and I might upload the full game for purchase down the line. Please drop by and leave some comments and ratings, if you feel inclined! That will surely help the community grow.

I'm also looking into publishing ORS on Steam, but it seems that's not exactly straight forward and I have to devote some time to that, too. Step by step. My Patreon page will always be my top priority.
I'm also working on a video trailer for the game, something I've been wanting to do for a long time. I hope it doesn't take me too much time, but it's not a priority, so I'll be working on it on and off while I develop Chapter 8.

And regarding Chapter 8, when will it be released? I've always worked within a monthly cycle for releases, but the amount of work needed to create a chapter of ORS to the level of quality I want has proven quite intense. My intention was to switch to bi-monthly releases, but making Chapter 7 has taken even longer than that. The only thing I can say right now is that new ORS chapter will be releases once they're ready, but my goal will always be to push a new chapter out every two months, if possible, and try my best to avoid reaching the three month's mark.

So, in short, between two and three months. I hate taking this long (I'd like to pump a chapter each month, I have so many ideas and the best moment of the month is when you guys get to play it and I read your opinions and reviews), but I won't compromise my vision and the quality I want ORS to have, to create something you guys will love and I can be proud of.

And finally, I talked a few weeks ago about a change in currency and tier re-structuring. A while ago Patreon allowed creators to get paid in Euros instead of Dollars. Since I'm European and current politics are screwing up the rates, plus the currency exchange fee they demand from me, I've decided to finally switch to Euro. And I'll use this chance to re-structure the current tiers, since some of them still make references to GGGB benefits and I'm not happy with the value they offer right now. I've been postponing it as much as possible, especially with Christmas being on the way, but I feel now's the right time.

I'll make a detailed post about the new tier structure in the following days, but down't worry, your current benefits won't change.

So, once again, thank you so much for supporting me and I look forward to keep giving you stuff you can really enjoy!

forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
I'm sort of neutral about it. The scene's fine, I just don't really care a lot for either of the characters in it besides Lena.
Yeah, it's funny, in both my original playthrough, my pure route, AND my lust route I had Lena tell Louise about Jeremy cheating on her. (why on earth wouldn't she?!) So I'm going to have to make a new one to see that scene.

forthewins

Feb 5, 2021
Wait a sec, there's Holly content? I didn't see any at all during my playthrough, must've missed it. I was leaning on the Allison, Lena, Cindy routes.
You need to accept her invitation to the book fair in the last episode. Then you need to chose to go to that instead of Wade's birthday party.

If she didn't invite you you need to spend more time with her / be nicer to her before then. (i.e. don't go to lunch with Alison instead of Holly)

Reactions: Elkfood

yiyoiyi

Nov 24, 2017
Wait a sec, there's Holly content? I didn't see any at all during my playthrough, must've missed it. I was leaning on the Allison, Lena, Cindy routes.
And not only on Ian's route, Lena's too even though right now it's just a kiss but it means you can probably go for her on either side

Reactions: Elkfood

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Yeah, it's funny, in both my original playthrough, my pure route, AND my lust route I had Lena tell Louise about Jeremy cheating on her. (why on earth wouldn't she?!) So I'm going to have to make a new one to see that scene.
Same. I've only played through not revealing the cheating once or twice myself to get alternate scenes and dialogue.

I can understand the "don't wanna be the instigator for drama" argument, but I do agree. I think i'd do the same irl (never been in that position) and I'd hope anyone who knew would speak to me if my significant other was cheating on me as well.

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Is holly the only women you can get if you go full int nerd way?
I don't think there are any stats that lock off anyone completely yet. Some scenes require the right relationship level or stat total, but usually there's not just one way to do things. I think the only thing that really matters for the Ian/Holly route is approval.

unocrus

Oct 28, 2018
Trying to get to know the characters Lena can get with, before comitting to anything physical, locks off her various routes.
That's just kinda how it is though for some girls, attractive ones in particular. Robert and Axel are manipulative, Stan and Ed are creeps, and Seymour and Agnes seem to have ulterior motives. Lena's struggle is how much she uses her body to support herself vs how much others use her for her body. There's plenty of instant rewards and gratification along the way, but they all have their price. It's different from Ian's balance of personal sacrifice; helping others and helping himself. All this while progressing their long term goals of writing songs and stories.

Definitely agree their stories are neck and neck with content. Ian and Lena are being fully utilized to tell similar, but also very different stories in my opinion.

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
That's just kinda how it is though for some girls, attractive ones in particular. Robert and Axel are manipulative, Stan and Ed are creeps, and Seymour and Agnes seem to have ulterior motives. Lena's struggle is how much she uses her body to support herself vs how much others use her for her body. There's plenty of instant rewards and gratification along the way, but they all have their price. It's different from Ian's balance of personal sacrifice; helping others and helping himself. All this while progressing their long term goals of writing songs and stories.
Sure, but this is a game, lol. I'm thinking more in terms of narrative and game balance, rather than narrative rationale or what you might call it. There is nothing wrong with the characters in question and I'm not saying the writing on the available paths is bad.

It's just that Lena's story feels very one-sided. If you don't jump in every bed available at the first opportunity you are locking away content and opportunities to increase your stats.

If you don't like Lena/Ian or, like me, wants to pursue a monogamous relationship with Holly for example, you feel like you are being punished because some scenes with some characters don't have alternative events taking place, they are just skipped.
Definitely agree their stories are neck and neck with content. Ian and Lena are being fully utilized to tell similar, but also very different stories in my opinion.
Oh yeah. There is a broad "umbrella" of themes of going for either the creative pursuit or the physical one. It's framed slightly differently though, since Lena's athletic stat seems to be just a hobby so far. Both her modeling and music pursuits are being held up as creative interests by her, while Ian's MMA option is more clearly distinct from his dream of writing.

I am looking forward to seeing more of how Lena's athletic stat will be used. People have talked about sex-work and stripping coming up for her, maybe it'll be relevant then?

Spideyknight

Jan 2, 2021
You need to accept her invitation to the book fair in the last episode. Then you need to chose to go to that instead of Wade's birthday party.

If she didn't invite you you need to spend more time with her / be nicer to her before then. (i.e. don't go to lunch with Alison instead of Holly)
Ah, I see the error in my ways. I went for Alison at every opportunity, because my genitals demanded it. I shall endeavor to do it properly this time. I appreciate the advice.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes