Stretta

Nov 21, 2018
I see this as the reason why I feel Lena's story feels "emptier" or "less nuanced" or whatever other descriptor you think fits like that, at least if you choose for her not to pick all sexual options.
Regardless of Ian's sexual activites he will not be locked out of many additional scenes, as a lot of his sexual activity comes as a result of social activities that will take place regardless.
Lena doesn't have a friendship group that supports her story to the same degree. She has Louise at home and Ivy when she's out. There are no friendship dynamics unless you befriend Holly and encourage her to pole dance, thus adding her to a bunch of Ivy scenes.
There's more to it that just not having friends. Lena also just doesn't really have any agency. She has no goals. Her only objective is to make enough money to pay rent. She barely has any conflicts with anyone, and what little is there is solved by her either walking away from it or being turned on by it. There's no confrontation, complications, or consequences for her, and she never has to solve a problem. For example Ian can get out of being fired by blackmailing his boss with a skill check. Haven't really seen anything like that for Lena.

Another thing that bugs me is how binary Lena is. She's can be either a vanilla nice girl, or kind of a ho who is also a vanilla nice girl. She's just incredibly milquetoast. The only options to break away from that are the handful of times when you get to bully Stan. She needs more opportunities to actually have a personality because as it stands all she is is her looks. Even other characters only ever talk about how hot she is. It takes more than strumming a guitar every once in a while.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: qwertycoltan

shivz889

Jul 19, 2017
there is supposed to be an insta page dedicated to this game right ? it shows when we start the game , during the first chapter where we can find some images etc. anybody know its name ?

unocrus

Oct 28, 2018
There's more to it that just not having friends. Lena also just doesn't really have any agency. She has no goals. Her only objective is to make enough money to pay rent. She barely has any conflicts with anyone, and what little is there is solved by her either walking away from it or being turned on by it. There's no confrontation, complications, or consequences for her, and she never has to solve a problem. For example Ian can get out of being fired by blackmailing his boss with a skill check. Haven't really seen anything like that for Lena.

Another thing that bugs me is how binary Lena is. She's can be either a vanilla nice girl, or kind of a ho who is also a vanilla nice girl. She's just incredibly milquetoast. The only options to break away from that are the handful of times when you get to bully Stan. She needs more opportunities to actually have a personality because as it stands all she is is her looks. Even other characters only ever talk about how hot she is. It takes more than strumming a guitar every once in a while.
Just gonna spoiler this whole reply.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nov 15, 2020
Just gonna spoiler this whole reply.

Yeah, and it's not only Lena who's struggling for money, the same goes for Ian. When you're writing a story about people in their mid twenties, it's not exactly unrealistic to make that a part of their life. Besides, Ian is also pressured to sleep with his boss in order to keep his job. For now, I guess the one significant difference is that Ian, as Stretta points out, can get out of it with a skill check.

Still, Ian could also become dependent of Seymour to progress his writing career. It probably wouldn't demand him to do anything physical, but it could lead to some unpleasant blackmail-ish situations for him.

And while Lena's model path is filled with guys like Axel and Seymour that are probably looking to take advantage of her, she also has that potential music career. We still don't know much about which people she'll be dependent on on that path, but it looks like Emma will be involved in some way. That surely sounds more pleasant than having to work with Seymour.

My guess is that their potential careers and monetary sources will have more variations further down the line.

Last edited:

Leonardovisk

Sep 25, 2018
Another thing that bugs me is how binary Lena is. She's can be either a vanilla nice girl, or kind of a ho who is also a vanilla nice girl.

She is what she is. Lena is a good girl, its her personality. Maybe EvaKiss will put, in the future, some kind of path that corrupts her. Like the drug dealers path in GGGB but i think it will be a very slow change for her.

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
There's more to it that just not having friends.
Of course there is, I just hink, personally, that it's one element that stands out starkly between their narrative circumstances.
Lena also just doesn't really have any agency. She has no goals. Her only objective is to make enough money to pay rent. She barely has any conflicts with anyone, and what little is there is solved by her either walking away from it or being turned on by it. There's no confrontation, complications, or consequences for her, and she never has to solve a problem. For example Ian can get out of being fired by blackmailing his boss with a skill check. Haven't really seen anything like that for Lena.
I don't agree entirely. I think Lena has plenty of agency, my problem is that in some cases each choice doesn't seem entirely balanced, so one route comes across as more valid.
Lena would like to pursue music but is in a monerary bind. Because of the nature of Lena's choices, like I mentioned, some of her conflicts only come out on certain paths.

Like what already unocrus mentioned there are points in her story with more urgency as consequence, but I don't feel any urgency just yet, like you, my experience is that so far Lena can avoid most of the major drama that can happen to her. That's my issue with Louise and Ivy being her only friends, if you avoid the other dramatic points, they're the only source for any that remain, which makes their conflict stand out a lot to me.
I don't think she lacks a personality myself, but I do agree with some of what you're saying. I've spent some time on this here forum talking about how I feel a couple of her choices lack a middle-of-the-road option where it either comes down to a choice of either of two extremes.
This can make Lena come across in two very distinct ways, but the good girl doesn't seem to leave her either, to me. But that's another reason for my highlight of her friendship group, because I feel Lena really lacks a catalogue of companions to bounce off of.
If you reject Robert and Ian there isn't many opportunities for her to really become an expressive character, Ian has a ton of dialogue with his friendship group that helps his personality come across, also in regards that isn't just about his dating life and that of Jeremy and Wade, although that topic does dominate.
Question for the bit I left in your spoiler:
What are the specifics for getting this? I wasn't actually aware that anything had come of the Ed thing yet, I assumed it would and I felt like I might have to face it eventually, as I had not pointed out the various episodes he has of "catching" and commentating on Lena. Yet, nothing's come of it, so what are the specific requirments?
Do you just have to hold the drawing session in the café? Because I always go for the live music event.

Jun 15, 2017
Context matters. Lena has already almost lost her job in the restaurant because of the very similar Axel-Robert drama. If the 2 angry idiots don't care about her feelings and continue fighting in her workplace, potentially ruining her chances with another job, why should she apologize for anything? She hates self-serving pricks who only care about stroking their masculine ego. Ian doesn't have to fight in this situation at all, nobody is in danger. Perry is just being a twat, and so is Robert. If Ian solves the conflict peacefully, Lena doesn't say a bad word to him. If the fight broke out, you have several opportunities to tap out. If you try to do so at least once, then Lena realizes that Ian was only defending himself, and apologizes. If you don't, and only care about humuliating Robert and trying to look badass, then it's natural that Lena gets pissed in this scenario. Also, you know that you can evade Robert's attacks and not go into offensive yourself? That's true defense, and Lena acknowledges that.
That's actually good to know, I still have many things to explore, thanks

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Context matters. Lena has already almost lost her job in the restaurant because of the very similar Axel-Robert drama. If the 2 angry idiots don't care about her feelings and continue fighting in her workplace, potentially ruining her chances with another job, why should she apologize for anything? She hates self-serving pricks who only care about stroking their masculine ego. Ian doesn't have to fight in this situation at all, nobody is in danger. Perry is just being a twat, and so is Robert. If Ian solves the conflict peacefully, Lena doesn't say a bad word to him. If the fight broke out, you have several opportunities to tap out. If you try to do so at least once, then Lena realizes that Ian was only defending himself, and apologizes. If you don't, and only care about humuliating Robert and trying to look badass, then it's natural that Lena gets pissed in this scenario. Also, you know that you can evade Robert's attacks and not go into offensive yourself? That's true defense, and Lena acknowledges that.
I do wonder if the fight might actually cost Lena her nude modelling gig. Thinking about it the fight can only even happen in the first place if Lena still has her job in the restaurant (since she slept with Robert), so when it comes to financially balancing Lena's route, this wouldn't be much different in terms of income to a Lena that doesn't have the the restaurant job.

Only thing that would feel odd is that the fight can happen either at the gallery or at the café, wouldn't make sense for Lena to be burned with the gallery if the fight happened at the café, and having the café be doomed after one bad event might be overkill (maybe after bad turnout in the second session thanks to the fight ruining the mood of the first, Ed and Molly decide to cancel the nude modelling and think of something else to stay afloat, forcing the game back into the music path).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dogedoge

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
I don't think that's out of the question.

I've noted before that on the Ivy/Jeremy/Louise route, depending on your choices there's another chance for Louise and Jeremy to break up seemingly. I get the sense that the story is tying together a few branches here and there, maybe to make future content less variable?

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018
Why isn't Holly a poly kind of girl? In previous chapters she's clearly into Ian while at the same time being kinda into Lena as well, commenting on how pretty she is and blushing furiously around her. If Ian and Lena both encourage her and pursue her in their own way, while also being in a relationship themselves, well it just kinda naturally follows, no?

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
Why isn't Holly a poly kind of girl? In previous chapters she's clearly into Ian while at the same time being kinda into Lena as well, commenting on how pretty she is and blushing furiously around her. If Ian and Lena both encourage her and pursue her in their own way, while also being in a relationship themselves, well it just kinda naturally follows, no?
I think it depends what the poly relationship entails. It would be a stretch to imagine Holly going from nearly virginal ignorance to bagging two quite desirable individuals of opposite sexes. She has not been in a 'proper' relationship until now. Going from being single to handling two people's egos, desires and needs in a relationship is a jump I don't think she is ready for. I definitely think Holly is bi but she has not had that realization yet. She seems more into Ian than Lena at the moment. Her blushing could also be read as not being comfortable receiving praise (esp. in something she may consider superfluous). The groundwork for a 'throuple girl' Holly is being laid and as of now she does not look comfortable enough to handle one person in a relationship, let alone two.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes