BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
That's an interesting decision.

I found Wade to be a solid character because he was a fully-functioning adult in the society. Though he was not too enthusiastic about many things, he was still doing fine as a person. That made the character feel more real.

But this unemployed angle just makes him a lazy bum archetype (and another sub-par love interest for Lena :cry:)

---

I believe Evakiss is either doing this so he can have a more tangible aspect to improve upon (when he fixes his relation with Cindy or gets together with Lena) or to make him a complete loser (so it would make "getting together" with Cindy more acceptable in the eyes of Ian and his other friends)

I sincerely hope it's the former.
It does have some implications about his behaviour towards Cindy, don't it?

Before their conflict was framed as him being exhausted from work and wanting to dedicate his limited free time towards his own interests, therefore not allowing enough (or any) to entertaining the things that Cindy wanted to do with him.

Is something like long-term unemployment depression going to replace it now? His behaviour in general seems to have shifted very little, making him appear to be a much more selfish character.

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
I found Wade to be a solid character because he was a fully-functioning adult in the society. Though he was not too enthusiastic about many things, he was still doing fine as a person. That made the character feel more real.
Exactly. He went from being the most successful in Ian's circle to being the least succeessful. He is now worse then Perry who at least 'owns' a house. Everyone in the game has at least some job except him (well, and the bum). I still can't get why he is supposed to be a mayor character.

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018
Despite it being very short and just an additional option when Ian jerks it with his phone, I found the new addition very hot actually. I find both Alison and Jeremy attractive, so that was good, but I also find alluring the whole idea of Jeremy sending Ian these pics and videos. I hope Jeremy does that with more girls later. This would be pretty fun on a chaste Ian run, where his only sex is jerking it to Jeremy and his girls. Maybe down the road even with Lena, while Ian can be infatuated with her.

That said, I realize this is very iffy from a consent point of view, and if Eva wants this game to be widely available on Steam, that might cause issues. Obviously, in real life that would be an incredibly scumbag thing to do and a huge breach of trust, but as a fantasy with intent on teasing or cucking Ian, I find it really intriguing.

edgedy

Aug 15, 2017
Here is an unofficial compressed version of this game.

I used YACs High Quality setting for this crunch.
(If you appreciate these crunches please consider dropping a like on this post)

Here is a crunched version of the game.
OurRedString-v0.7-pc-compressed
Original 1.14 Gigs
crunched 240 Megs - - - - workupload
(more mirrors upon request - I only use free anonymous hosts)

If you like this story and want to support the dev's you can do so at the following links:
Developer: EvaKiss -

monroe if you could add to the OP that would be appreciated.
InfamousGuy Thank you for sharing the links

Have a great day/evening/night everyone,
Nicestgamer

This game crunched using:
YAC - Yet Another Cruncher (A Game Compactor) [V1.3]
YAC Author: hngg
Is there a reason you don't like to upload to Mega out of curiousity?

Cabot

Jun 20, 2017
But this unemployed angle just makes him a lazy bum archetype (and another sub-par love interest for Lena :cry:)
An that's an interesting take: some could say being unemployed doesn't necessarily makes you a lazy bum, and that this angle reinforces the "guy going through a rough patch" vibe instead of the "guy who has it all (good job, hot girlfriend, friends) but has stopped trying".

Anyway, I agree with you, at the least, about hoping this is something Wade can use to improve as a character. But knowing Eva's work I'm sure more than one outcome for him is to be expected...

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 318 Votes