selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
hi,
psychopath
  • n.
    A person who engages repeatedly in criminal and antisocial behavior without remorse or empathy for those victimized.
  • n.
    A morally irresponsible person.
  • n.
    A person with a personality disorder indicated by a pattern of lying, cunning, manipulating, glibness, exploiting, heedlessness, arrogance, delusions of grandeur, sexual promiscuity, low self-control, disregard for morality, lack of acceptance of responsibility, callousness, and lack of empathy and remorse. Such an individual may be especially prone to violent and criminal offenses.
To a certain extent we all are on a more or less severe degree psychopaths. (if you have ever done 1 of the things in the list above)
it is not enough to do one of the above things occasionally to be diagnosed as a psycho-/ sociopath. "indicated by a pattern of..." and "without remorse or empathy for those victimized" are the key phrases here.
you need to score quite high (25 or 30 of max 40 points) on the PCL-R to be diagnosed with this disorder.

generally spoken personality disorders are difficult to diagnose exactly, because they are sometimes overlapping and there are floating borders between them. it doesn't help that the prominent classification and diagnostic tools, the DSM-5 and ICD-10, define the disorders a bit differently.

Last edited:

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
i used to manipulate people by making them do what I want by convincing them that it's what they want, planting a seed, waiting months for it to grow and when the moment is right I do the final push, so does that make a psycho?
what do you feel when you see a child stumple, fall and crying because its knees are bloody and hurting?
do you feel .... nothing? you may be a psycho then

else you may just be an asshole, which is no medical condition. ;)

please don't be offended, this is just an amateurish assessment on my part which may be absolutely unfounded in your case.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3145675

it is not enough to do one of the above things occasionally to be diagnosed as a psycho-/ sociopath. "indicated by a pattern of..." and "without remorse or empathy for those victimized" are the key phrases here.
you need to score quite high (25 or 30 of max 40 points) on the PCL-R to be diagnosed with this disorder.

generally spoken personality disorders are difficult to diagnose exactly, because they are sometimes overlapping or floating borders between them. it doesn't help that the prominent classification and diagnostic tools, the DSM-5 and ICD-10, define the disorders a bit differently.
Generally you can consider that most of my posts are subject to /s (sarcasm) /jk /m (mockery) (rarely all at the same time) - and/or are a mild attempt at stimulating the brains of the persons who'll take the time to read them.
subsequently I was only trying to show that Ivy was Not a psycho (as was implied earlier) and that anyone could branded as one - apparently I failed in my attempt (sorry)

(I'll try to do better next time)

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
Generally you can consider that most of my posts are subject to /s (sarcasm) /jk /m (mockery) (rarely all at the same time) - and/or are a mild attempt at stimulating the brains of the persons who'll take the time to read them.
subsequently I was only trying to show that Ivy was Not a psycho (as was implied earlier) and that anyone could branded as one - apparently I failed in my attempt (sorry)

(I'll try to do better next time)
no, i am sorry, since your post was so elaborate with lots of links i took it as a serious contribution to the discussion. i guess because there are a lot of non-native english speakers (me included) those finer parts of communication are often misunderstood.
no offense taken, i try to keep in mind that your posts are more on the non-serious side. thank you for your clarification on that matter, Chelielz! :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3145675

no, i am sorry, since your post was so elaborate with lots of links i took it as a serious contribution to the discussion. i guess because there are a lot of non-native english speakers (me included) those finer parts of communication are often misunderstood.
no offense taken, i try to keep in mind that your post are more on the non-serious side. thank you for your clarification on that matter, Chelielz! :)
How very gracious of you to be sorry too - since we're both sorry (or have been at some point)
I consider the matter solved and that we can both resume our lives in the most appropriate fashion we'll chose to adopt/follow ;)
tc

(and Ivy is Not a psycho)
^^

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
What a weird discussion topic. :ROFLMAO:
yes, lets end it here. i don't want to overstay my welcome (maybe i already have). thank you all for your input on this matter, dear fellow ORS enthusiasts! (y)

if i am allowed to summarize, i think it's safe to say that Ivy shows signs of sociopathy without necessarily being one. given her personality traits, there may be an unintentional proximity to this personality disorder.
i am looking forward to her development in future chapters, which may clarify some of our speculations.

thank you for your patience, please bear with me :)

Sieglinnde

Let the Nightshine in - Developer
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
I am afraid to play it. I played version 0.4 and it was quite long, but I wanted to go a certain path but i have to had a certain skill. So I had to go back a couple of times to get it.

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
Our Red String,
Starring: Ian, as "a total chad/douchecanoe, who sleeps with every girl he can get his hands on," EXCEPT...
Co-starring: Lena and Holly (the OTP).
Also starring: Cherry, who ISN'T in a full-on relationship. Because you can't have your cake and eat it too.
I thought this was my movie!? I've been swindled!

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

Second week of development on Chapter 8 is in the books.
  • I've been focusing on drawing the main scenes for this update, and I have completed 6 out of 8. There are also other smaller scenes, which I've also been working on. There are 3 additional scenes that I'd like to include, but that will depend on how the development progresses.
  • I've produced around 50 drawings so far, not counting variations and add-ons.
  • This stage of drawing is also when the structure of the scenes is decided, what will happen, how many illustrations will the scene have, what poses and choices will the player get... When it's time to write the game I have already decided how the scenes will play out, and I use the drawings to guide my writing, so it's important to take time to make sure they are interesting.
I always feel that I'm lagging behind but I think work is progressing nicely so far. The colorist is already working on the drawings I have completed and I'm looking to finish almost all important drawings next week, so I can start writing the chapter in week 4. As allways, I'll keep you posted!

ambitious1234

Feb 10, 2018

• I've been focusing on drawing the main scenes for this update, and I have completed 6 out of 8. There are also other smaller scenes, which I've also been working on. There are 3 additional scenes that I'd like to include, but that will depend on how the development progresses.
  • This stage of drawing is also when the structure of the scenes is decided, what will happen, how many illustrations will the scene have, what poses and choices will the player get... When it's time to write the game I have already decided how the scenes will play out, and I use the drawings to guide my writing, so it's important to take time to make sure they are interesting.
I always feel that I'm lagging behind but I think work is progressing nicely so far. The colorist is already working on the drawings I have completed and I'm looking to finish almost all important drawings next week, so I can start writing the chapter in week 4. As allways, I'll keep you posted!
Thanks sorrow

• Hey there
Reactions: Sorrow85

scor099

Aug 6, 2018

what i get from what she said is that chapter 8 will probably be more about the consequences of happened in chapter 7 and less about sex scenes. :unsure:

4.60 star(s) 313 Votes