selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
Fully agree.

Cindy has been called (in game and out of it) spoiled, selfish and bitchy, but I don't think that's a fair judgement at all. High maintenance? For sure, and not only -not even mainly, I think- regarding the money side of things: she demands attention and someone to be alive with, do things, have fun. Not everybody is as accomodating as, let's say, Holly; what's wrong with that?

In exchange I think she has a lot to offer: she's a lively drop dead gorgeous girl who's also fun to be with, not as shallow as could seem at first sight, with diverse interests and also some degree of empathy (not as for example Ivy barring Lena), not at all tame (Holly), without excesive emotional baggage (Lena), and not too self-absorved and whiny (Alison: the lady doth protest too much, methinks).

Problem? Well, Wade of course. But forgetting him I think is fair to say she's (almost) perfect girlfriend material for Ian.
your assessment of Cindy and the girls is very spot on. kudos for that.

Before Wade was retconned (? i am not familiar with this term) to unemployed, i could very much relate to him and his failing relationship.
He had it all already: a stable 9-5 Job, living in his own appartment with his beautiful girlfriend and some dudes to hang out or play online Games with if he would choose so. the occasional fuck if he gets horny.

shamefully i have to admit that i (and lots of guys out there, if they are honest) would probably get as complacent as him, even more so in a longer relationship you tend to take things for granted.

Part of the fun in Ian x Cindy is for me to treat her better than i would probably treat her in reality.

Cindy is a reminder that you have to constantly work on your relationship, to constantly fight for your girl, else you will eventually loose her or end in a relationship whose fire has burned down; that being a lazy couchpotato will just not cut it.

Not everybody is as accomodating as, let's say, Holly. ;) Yes, that's true, most girls aren't.

Last edited:

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
no?
She really only ever is mean to Louise who is a pretty mean person herself, so I can understand where that is coming from.
being a sociopath is not about being mean, that is just one possible expression of the underlying issues.

Louise merely annoyed her and she reacted with being mean to her, many of us would do so too, although perhaps not in the same way Ivy did. showing Jeremys dick pic to everybody compromised him also, obviously disregarding the effect this could have on the other persons present. she could have shown it exclusively to Louise, thus sparing Jeremy the embarrassment in front of the whole group, or just keep on bitching or whatever else girls do when they get into a fight. but she chose the biggest weapon (literally ;)) with the broadest impact.
Since i haven't seen the Truth and Dare Game in my Playthrough i don't know how she orchestrated that one. Perhaps someone here can share his/her/their impression on this one.

We have yet to see how she will react if someone really angers her or actually threatens her. i do not expect her to be just mean then.

Last edited:

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
General question, do we know if Cindy going to be a major character moving forward (on the level of Alison)? Honestly they are both so hot, but I don't want to miss out on more content if I pick Cindy
i expect Cindy to be promoted to a major character (if she not alreay is) regarding her fanbase in the ORS community, demoting her to a side character would be a self-harming move for EvaKiss. since choices in ORS really do matter, you can't get all content in one playthrough (this is what meaningful choices are). no one can say yet in which way this tradeoff will affect the IanxAllison Path.

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
We have yet to see how she will react if someone really angers her or actually threatens her. i do not expect her to be just mean then.
So we haven't seen anything yet, my point exactly.

i expect Cindy to be promoted to a major character (if she not alreay is)
She already is. There are 12 mayor characters besides Lena and Ian ( )

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
btw thx alot dundun for your Scene Guide for GGGB! it was an indispensable help for my GGGB playthrough back then! although visually probably not as appealing as BloodyMares ORS walkthrough, there were some features you had which made it considerably easier to get the scenes i was looking for. thank you!(y)

Reactions: dundun

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
So we haven't seen anything yet, my point exactly.
i beg to differ, if you look at the signs and symptoms of this disorder, we already have an eerily big coverage of them shown by Ivy (i tried to nail them in my annotations) so far.
but since i am not a psychologist and remote diagnosis of an already difficult to diagnose disorder is kind of tricky, this is pure speculation on my part. perhaps i am overthinking this to get an explanation why i am so uncomfortable with her.
i think we love to speculate about the traits and possible developments of the characters of this AVNovel here in this forum.
that is the reason i asked for the views and opinions of the ORS community on this matter.
Your opinion is that she is not, which i totally respect.

Reactions: dundun

Reaurt

Nov 25, 2017
I could be wrong and Ivy could have ASPD, but I'm not sure Eva Kiss would read the DSM on antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) and then build a character with that in mind. I think Ivy is a tool to instigate action for Lena's character arc, to take it in a certain direction, and cause trouble and drama. Much like Jeremy does for Ian, which is why they're similar. I don't think we've really had a chapter that focuses on Ivy, so any character development for her is incidental.

If I were to treat her as a character on her own, I think she's jaded about life, relationships, and so on, and feels like she needs to work hard to be independent and get ahead with her best assets (her looks and body). She also wants to fill her time with excitement. If this is because she's just wired that way, or because she's empty and jaded, who knows? The details haven't been filled in yet by Eva. Maybe a bit of both, since she comes across as selfish and shallow at times, but also perceptive about others as well. I thought the story about Ivy in high school having a hard time, with Lena as her only friend from those years suggests that there might be more to her that'll be revealed in the future.

But I also like Ivy, so maybe I'm excusing her behavior. :)

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
I could be wrong and Ivy could have ASPD, but I'm not sure Eva Kiss would read the DSM on antisocial personality disorder (ASPD) and then build a character with that in mind. I think Ivy is a tool to instigate action for Lena's character arc, to take it in a certain direction, and cause trouble and drama. Much like Jeremy does for Ian, which is why they're similar. I don't think we've really had a chapter that focuses on Ivy, so any character development for her is incidental.

If I were to treat her as a character on her own, I think she's jaded about life, relationships, and so on, and feels like she needs to work hard to be independent and get ahead with her best assets (her looks and body). She also wants to fill her time with excitement. If this is because she's just wired that way, or because she's empty and jaded, who knows? The details haven't been filled in yet by Eva. Maybe a bit of both, since she comes across as selfish and shallow at times, but also perceptive about others as well. I thought the story about Ivy in high school having a hard time, with Lena as her only friend from those years suggests that there might be more to her that'll be revealed in the future.

But I also like Ivy, so maybe I'm excusing her behavior. :)
thanks for your insight on this, and i agree on your opinion that EvaKiss probably wouldn't build a character around the DSM criteria; perhaps building a thrill-seeking, strong willed "take no shit from no-one" and sexually liberal character, who gives a damn on what people think (i.e. doesn't care about social norms), ends dangerously close to the ASPD criteria automatically.

the threshold to clinical illness is normally crossed if someone starts to harm herself and others: one could argue she crossed that line with her drug abuse (yes, abuse: there is no rightfull use of illegal drugs. my doctor once told me that my smoking habit is "nicotine abuse" so it can apply even to legal drugs :oops:) and driving intoxicated, endangering her passengers and other road users.

btw not every Sociopath starts a WorldWar or goes on a killing spree, but if they do, they don't care.

estimates are that more than 40% (!!) of inmates fit the ASPD criteria, which is said to be 10x of the prevalence of ASPD in the general populace (Fazel & Danesh, Lancet 2002). so first of all it is apparently not that uncommon and chances are high you know someone who suffers from it, and second not all of them behave criminally (respectively end in prison).

funny thing i found on my research about this stuff is: there is a rather high probability your boss is a psychopath o_O:LOL:!

Reactions: Reaurt
D

Deleted member 3145675

hi,
psychopath
  • n.
    A person who engages repeatedly in criminal and antisocial behavior without remorse or empathy for those victimized.
  • n.
    A morally irresponsible person.
  • n.
    A person with a indicated by a pattern of , , , , , , , , sexual , low , disregard for , lack of acceptance of , , and lack of and . Such an individual may be especially prone to violent and criminal offenses.
To a certain extent we all are on a more or less severe degree psychopaths. (if you have ever done 1 of the things in the list above)

(if you have done all of the above and are not reading this from the asylum internet room I would advise you to consult a professional)
(quickly)
(like right now)

you lied once? (psycho)
you stole a dime to buy candy? (psycho)
ever jaywalked? (psycho)
ever watched a hobo in the street and just walked away? (psycho)
and so forth and so on...

What creates a difference is how we (Ivy in this case) deal with our trauma(s) do we take the high road? or the gutter?
to circle back to Ivy - Louise interactions - there may be some form of jealousy too considering that Louise and Lena are roommates
(and so share time and experiences together) Ivy may (or may not) be (unconsciously) jealous (a bit)

if you had the point that a good offense is often the best defense Ivy's attitude is purely logical (spoken with Spock's voice)

scor099

Aug 6, 2018
hi,
psychopath
  • n.
    A person who engages repeatedly in criminal and antisocial behavior without remorse or empathy for those victimized.
  • n.
    A morally irresponsible person.
  • n.
    A person with a indicated by a pattern of , , , , , , , , sexual , low , disregard for , lack of acceptance of , , and lack of and . Such an individual may be especially prone to violent and criminal offenses.
To a certain extent we all are on a more or less severe degree psychopaths. (if you have ever done 1 of the things in the list above)

(if you have done all of the above and are not reading this from the asylum internet room I would advise you to consult a professional)
(quickly)
(like right now)

you lied once? (psycho)
you stole a dime to buy candy? (psycho)
ever jaywalked? (psycho)
ever watched a hobo in the street and just walked away? (psycho)
and so forth and so on...

What creates a difference is how we (Ivy in this case) deal with our trauma(s) do we take the high road? or the gutter?
to circle back to Ivy - Louise interactions - there may be some form of jealousy too considering that Louise and Lena are roommates
(and so share time and experiences together) Ivy may (or may not) be (unconsciously) jealous (a bit)

if you had the point that a good offense is often the best defense Ivy's attitude is purely logical (spoken with Spock's voice)
i used to manipulate people by making them do what I want by convincing them that it's what they want, planting a seed, waiting months for it to grow and when the moment is right I do the final push, so does that make a psycho? :unsure:

D

Deleted member 3145675

i used to manipulate people by making them do what I want by convincing them that it's what they want, planting a seed, waiting months for it to grow and when the moment is right I do the final push, so does that make a psycho? :unsure:

Being manipulative appears in Factor 1 of the (PCL).

We could also consider the possibility if you're not a psycho - that you may well be He that shant be named.

(no not Voldemord - but the Devil)
(Lucifer more precisely)

(All Hail His Majesty the Prince of Darkness)

*** in case you're not a Follower - you better read this =>
(only works if you truly believe tho)
GL

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
no?
She really only ever is mean to Louise
She was mean to Minerva, too. Of course, it's a given that Minerva is an absolute cunt in the game, but Ivy didn't know that. Just wanted to trash on some older woman who was trying to keep herself fit. She's a bit snide to Holly, too. The only people other than Lena she seems to be nice to are the guys, for obvious reasons.

I could definitely see her looking up to the Kardashians or some other trash culture growing up. She's a good character for the game. But yeah, I hate her.

Last edited:

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Could be. But the key phrase is "used to". Everyone makes rotten choices some times but sociopaths don't really change their ways.

Dec 7, 2020
When I try to check the cell phone's agenda the game keeps showing an error. I can't check the agenda even if I try to ignore the error.

Is there any way to fix the error? I've been playing the game since older versions, 0.5 I think. In 0.6 the agenda already game me issues, it's still the same in 0.7.

Must I start the game all over again to fix it, or is there any other way?

-----------------------------------------

This is what the error says:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred. While running game code: File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script $ ui.interact() File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module> $ ui.interact() File "game/custom_screens.rpy", line 361, in execute File "game/custom_screens.rpy", line 361, in execute File "game/custom_screens.rpy", line 363, in execute File "game/custom_screens.rpy", line 368, in execute File "game/custom_screens.rpy", line 400, in execute NameError: name 'ian_mayor_agenda' is not defined -- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------ Full traceback: File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script $ ui.interact() File "C:\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 881, in execute renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store) File "C:\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode exec bytecode in globals, locals File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module> $ ui.interact() File "C:\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs) File "C:\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs) File "C:\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3059, in interact_core root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact()) File "C:\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 531, in visit_all d.visit_all(callback, seen) File "C:\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 531, in visit_all d.visit_all(callback, seen) File "C:\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 531, in visit_all d.visit_all(callback, seen) File "C:\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 531, in visit_all d.visit_all(callback, seen) File "C:\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 424, in visit_all callback(self) File "C:\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3059, in <lambda> root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact()) File "C:\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in per_interact self.update() File "C:\OurRedString-v0.7-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 619, in update self.screen.function(**self.scope) File "game/custom_screens.rpy", line 361, in execute File "game/custom_screens.rpy", line 361, in execute File "game/custom_screens.rpy", line 363, in execute File "game/custom_screens.rpy", line 368, in execute File "game/custom_screens.rpy", line 400, in execute File "<screen language>", line 400, in <module> NameError: name 'ian_mayor_agenda' is not defined Windows-8-6.2.9200 Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092 Our Red String v0.7 Sun Mar 21 13:18:30 2021

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 313 Votes