Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
I am just wondering what 105 step process we will need to go through to bang dad :p

All the different paths are starting to become a real head scratcher for me, it is a real challenge playing 2 mc's whose actions affect what the other mc can get up to, give me a pokemon mod naow!

Reactions: Chimi Changa

sztrb

Aug 24, 2018
So, I installed the JDMOD for the final version of 0.8 but then it kept crashing. Upon deletion, the game doesn't go past the splash? I've tried running compatibility mode and re-extracting the zip file but no dice. Anyone got any ideas?

This is what comes up in the log.txt:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Patchez

Русский Аплоадер
Uploader
Jun 12, 2017
So, I installed the JDMOD for the final version of 0.8 but then it kept crashing. Upon deletion, the game doesn't go past the splash? I've tried running compatibility mode and re-extracting the zip file but no dice. Anyone got any ideas?

This is what comes up in the log.txt:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I suggest you post on his own thread, but I assume because it's alpha version still, not final

Reactions: sztrb

Patchez

Русский Аплоадер
Uploader
Jun 12, 2017
Any games with characters like minerva? Looks/character wise.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
As for the fake error, remember when Rocksteady did a similar thing in Batman Arkham Asylum and made it look like your console broke, or when Joker kills you there's a fake "game over" screen with a hint "Move your Middle Stick to avoid being shot"? Making Ian appear in front of the error from the start would make it too obvious and would kill the joke. The player needs to experience a genuine "WTF" reaction. I still remember some players asking on Steam forums "Where the hell is a Middle Stick?" Some players are just not smart enough to understand that it's intentional, you can't really do anything about it but ruin the experience for everybody else. To understand that it's part of the game, you literally only need to hit "Ignore" or "Rollback" once. At this point Ian all but narrates what's happening to you. And if you click on other options (aside form premature Reload), Ian says "I don't know what it does" or "I can't do that" which should be a red flag for anyone paying attention.
I don't entirely disagree, but most people aren't particularly familiar with Ren'Py error screens and their options and might be afraid of clicking them if they run into one.

I think a good compromise between maintaining the surprise but making it more accessible would be to make it like this:

Error screen shows up but it is just an image, the UI doesn't work yet -> player clicks anywhere on the screen -> Ian pops up and reacts to the error screen, in particular directing the player's attentions to the debug buttons -> Error screen with the current UI becomes functional.

That way people that can appreciate the fakeout will still get pranked by the fake error screen, but people that aren't familiar with it will just have to click litterally anywhere to figure out how to progress, not necessarily on the debug buttons.

Can also leave it as it is, but I think that this will become the new standard bug report/complaint that's gonna show up for the rest of the game's development.

Vis117

Sep 22, 2019
If we are playing a good Ian, than the best love route options are Alison, Lena and Holly.
I do not get why so many players dislike Alison. It becomes clear during play that Alison had a crush on Ian for years. If Ian reacts favourably towards Alison all of the shenigans never happen (or only as much as the player wants) and I can see a very solid relationship of the two in the future. That is more than we can say of the bunch of cheaters.
Lena is the other MC, "nuff said".
Holly is the female Perry in tha game as far as the social ackwardness is concerned, but a nice girl elsewhere. She has a crush on Ian and is definitely a good girlfriend option.

The others like Cindy or Emma would be dick moves as far as friends are concerned.

I agree that for Lena the options ATM are a bit more limited. Ian and Holly, but I am sure that one or two others will become options later.
Cindy is 100% a dick move while she is with someone. Emma is not a dick move at all. She is single.

sztrb

Aug 24, 2018
Cindy is 100% a dick move while she is with someone. Emma is not a dick move at all. She is single.
Yes, agree on the Emma part. Especially given that Perry has had all the chances and time in the world to let her know how he feels and doesn't do anything about it. The fact that he ratted out Ian in the Lena arc, for me really doesn't win him over for me as a friend. As for Cindy, Wade was an absolute shit boyfriend to her.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Ian and Lena are the most boring couple in the game, also Holly is a much better pairing with Lena. Now Lena need a route for Ivy and maybe even Emma too.

Ian is great with Alison and Minerva. Don't mind Emma since Perry never tried anything with her and plus his constant whining is annoying. Now even if Wade is a negligent boyfriend it is a dick move to have a affair with Cindy and worse get caught in the act. :ROFLMAO:

godoff95

Mar 15, 2018
I'm glad that lena gets Robert Jeremy et Mike
Ian and Lena are the most boring couple in the game, also Holly is a much better pairing with Lena. Now Lena need a route for Ivy and maybe even Emma too.

Ian is great with Alison and Minerva. Don't mind Emma since Perry never tried anything with her and plus his constant whining is annoying. Now even if Wade is a negligent boyfriend it is a dick move to have a affair with Cindy and worse get caught in the act. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: laliandra

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019

Minerva is gross.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes