BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
While I understand some of you only like one of the MCs, I don't know how you can view or describe this game with only one of them.

It's the game WITH 2 MCs. Not by choice but by design. It's the core of the game that you get to live both of their lives at the same time, and sometimes view the other from the different perspectives. Their paths may or may not intertwine or overlap with each other.

You can either take it or leave it. If you've been playing as only one of the MCs and skip the other, you already missed 50% of the intended overall game content. So if you intentionally miss half the content, I don't think you should cry why so little content.
I don't really see a contradiction.
I prefer playing female bisexual POV because that's what I am myself.
I'm neutrally aligned towards Ian but generally I typically enjoy his content, even if it isn't what I'm looking forward to each update for, I don't feel a vested interest in him or his story but I don't outright dislike him enough to manipulate it towards a negative outcome. ;)

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
The only way the updates can happen faster is if the game becomes more linear. 1-3 major choices and several unimportant conversation menus with minor stat changes in each Chapter. But then people will complain that there's not enough Choice, and that instead of having 15% of what you like, you get nothing at all that interests you (GGGB had several updates where only Bimbo Ash or Thug Ash got content and for my Good Ash those updates were useless). Don't forget that Eva Kiss works on it alone when it comes to writing and drawing all of the art. She didn't enslave a team of ex-Bioware devs. If she goes back to monthly releases, each Chapter will only last 1 - 2 days, and then there will be complaints about why the updates are so short...

You can't please everyone. Eva decided to sacrifice fast delivery for quality AND quantity (GGGB updates in comparison only had 1 - 4 H-scenes to 4-12 in ORS).

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
I don't really see a contradiction.
I prefer playing female bisexual POV because that's what I am myself.
I'm neutrally aligned towards Ian but generally I typically enjoy his content, even if it isn't what I'm looking forward to each update for, I don't feel a vested interest in him or his story but I don't outright dislike him enough to manipulate it towards a negative outcome. ;)
The difference is that even though Ian's content isn't really your particular interest, you still enjoy his content, or at least can recognize why it exists and that other players might have a different appreciation. The other poster's Tallyhoe was referring to were complaining about longer updates not being to their liking because they have to wait to get a fraction of the content others enjoy, while having no interest in one MC who is half of the point of the game.

We all go into this game knowing what we're getting with half Ian, half Lena - it never makes a secret of this format. If someone decides they don't like that, then that doesn't point to a fault in the game, but a fault in their unrealistic expectations and unwillingness to acknowledge what was in front of them from the start.

And then they further misunderstand by expecting the game to have the same turnaround time update-to-update despite the fact that the content increases as the routes get introduced, fleshed out and become more complex.

Some people's complaints are hilarious considering they're getting something they admittedly like (amid what they don't like) for free. I'd understand it to some degree if their favorite relationship was being unreasonably neglected in favor of all the others, but as Eva is giving attention to all of the relationships as the need arises, what are they expecting?

Also, speaking of, I don't usually like using this phrase, but I feel it's pretty apt to say it to those people now: 'Adjust your expectations.' Seriously. You're never going to know how much work goes into making a game like this unless you've had some personal experience with it, so try to appreciate what you're getting, even if circumstances around it aren't perfectly to your liking.

doctor13

Oct 13, 2018
I don't necessarily worry about the duration of updates myself and I'm happy to wait as the quality and quantity of each update is proven time and again but I do fear that Eva herself might feel pressured to truncate or abandon paths if it becomes apparent that that she won't reach the end until like 2025 or something.

jduk

Nov 25, 2019
Robert is a scorpio??? Makes kinda sense judging he is so obsessed with fucking Lena and being her bf...

Tallyhoe

Feb 21, 2019
The difference is that even though Ian's content isn't really your particular interest, you still enjoy his content, or at least can recognize why it exists and that other players might have a different appreciation. The other poster's Tallyhoe was referring to were complaining about longer updates not being to their liking because they have to wait to get a fraction of the content others enjoy, while having no interest in one MC who is half of the point of the game.

We all go into this game knowing what we're getting with half Ian, half Lena - it never makes a secret of this format. If someone decides they don't like that, then that doesn't point to a fault in the game, but a fault in their unrealistic expectations and unwillingness to acknowledge what was in front of them from the start.

And then they further misunderstand by expecting the game to have the same turnaround time update-to-update despite the fact that the content increases as the routes get introduced, fleshed out and become more complex.

Some people's complaints are hilarious considering they're getting something they admittedly like (amid what they don't like) for free. I'd understand it to some degree if their favorite relationship was being unreasonably neglected in favor of all the others, but as Eva is giving attention to all of the relationships as the need arises, what are they expecting?

Also, speaking of, I don't usually like using this phrase, but I feel it's pretty apt to say it to those people now: 'Adjust your expectations.' Seriously. You're never going to know how much work goes into making a game like this unless you've had some personal experience with it, so try to appreciate what you're getting, even if circumstances around it aren't perfectly to your liking.
Exactly. It's like reading AsoIaF and ask why there're multiple POVs and demand GRRM writes only Dany or Jon chapter.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This VN has protagonists, they are 2, they get most of the content.
Whenever you, as a gamer, wish to play this game for the sake of exploring the
exploits of any of the NPCs that are not the protagonists, you will have ta release control.
Only MCs get choices and only MCs have their perspective somewhat explained.

Any other NPC you so wish to see more of is on you, it means you are not playing a game,
but you just wanna read the novel about whatever perspective any of the MCs you play as
has of that NPC .. a very narrow outside perspective. That is on you. Happy gaming.

While I understand some of you only like one of the MCs, I don't know how you can view or describe this game with only one of them.

It's the game WITH 2 MCs. Not by choice but by design. It's the core of the game that you get to live both of their lives at the same time, and sometimes view the other from the different perspectives. Their paths may or may not intertwine or overlap with each other.

You can either take it or leave it. If you've been playing as only one of the MCs and skip the other, you already missed 50% of the intended overall game content. So if you intentionally miss half the content, I don't think you should cry why so little content.

I don't necessarily worry about the duration of updates myself and I'm happy to wait as the quality and quantity of each update is proven time and again but I do fear that Eva herself might feel pressured to truncate or abandon paths if it becomes apparent that that she won't reach the end until like 2025 or something.

scor099

Aug 6, 2018
I can understand that you don't like a scene involving a specific NPC I for example and I'm sure a lot of you don't like Robert's scenes and that's understandable because you still have at least 7 scenes with other characters, but if you don't like one of the two MCS that's on you because from day one you knew what you were getting into and by doing so you cut half the content plus other NPCS you don't like so of course you will only get one or two scenes, I'm not invested in Lena's story as I am on Ian's but I still like Lena and I can't wait to see her get gangbanged.

Reactions: lifehacks

scor099

Aug 6, 2018
i
C'mon dude, we're all degenerates of some kind on a forum like this. Let's not say shit like this, obviously jduk is on the extreme end and I personally don't really want the same content they do but I really don't think a lewd pirate forum is the place to be judgemental, lol.
I'm obviously joking, I actually like his comments and ideas because they're so fucking crazy. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: dontcarewhateverno

atrebor68

Engaged Member
Aug 26, 2020
Dear friends of ORS, since I don't want to start again the game, some guy with a kind heart could post a saving file from the beginning of the weekend of Ian and Holly, please? I owe him/her a sexual favor ;-)

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
nah, i'm pretty sure Lena won't be occupied by her mom for the whole update. it's probably gonna go like: mom had an accident so the family needs more money from lena. mom is gonna use that to hold onto Lena, wanting her to stay with them so she can finally play her good mother role again, totally not considering what Lena wants at all, like usual.
so you can probably choose between saying that you need to think of something, if you want to mediate, or storm of because she is holding you emotionally hostage. either way this makes Lena more desperate and gives way for more shady businesses. about time Ward shows up again.
Really love this set up. Really would set the tone to get into other aspects of the game. I would think a low willpower and low wits Lena would so some....questionable things for that money to help out her family. As a bit of a side note since I've seen some talk about mind breaking cumdumps, I think people are comparing Ward to Arthur from GGGB a bit too much. I don't think Ward, personality wise, is anything like Arthur nor would he do the things Arthur did and especially not the way Arthur achieved it. Ward is far more subtle, more calculating, and normal compared to Arthur. I think Ward and Lena will get kinky for sure but not in the way it was presented with Arthur and Ashley and will be more nuanced.

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017
@ BlandChili

I really want to know how your "character card" would be. ;)

I would guess

W: 7 C: 6 A: 4 & L: 6

4.60 star(s) 319 Votes