qazxsw80

Sep 1, 2019
why is she wasting her time with this cards, like who cares about that?
It seems like Eva has a problem with writing the story. My guess is all those useless cards create an illusion of activity, that she is constantly working on the game, when in fact she can't progress the story, like that infamous guy who is remaking avatars for the 100th time for Female Agent. That's why new updates take longer and longer time to be released, even though the amount of content is almost the same. Chapter 2 was about the same size as Chapter 8, but was made 3 times faster, and, as far as understand, now Eva even has more people to help her to make the game.

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
why is she wasting her time with this cards, like who cares about that? o_O
Have to say here that I have to agree with the comment. What's all the point in character cards? With Ian & Lena, which you play actively, I can even understand it.
The 'reason' for this cards is so she has something to post every day for 3.5 weeks. Also for fun. These cards were not much work to begin with, the general outline, then slap a background and the character model on it and punch in a few numbers.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Chapter 2 was about the same size as Chapter 8, but was made 3 times faster, and, as far as understand, now Eva even has more people to help her to make the game.
Thanks for the laugh about the same size. Check my guide to see how many variables Chapter 2 deals with. And compare it to Chapter 8 where the narrative starts with 2 of the completely different states depending on if Ian went after Holly or if he preferred the blondie in the last chapter... In comparison, Ch 2 was mostly linear. It only had the Robert, Alison, and Cherry content. Researching your own game and accounting for those variables takes more time than writing linear dialogues and just a couple of new branches. I guess you could blame her for preferring improvisation over extensive planning that probably backfired and is causing all these complications. But it's not from the lack of commitment but is probably the case of biting more than you can chew.

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
It seems like Eva has a problem with writing the story. My guess is all those useless cards create an illusion of activity, that she is constantly working on the game, when in fact she can't progress the story, like that infamous guy who is remaking avatars for the 100th time for Female Agent. That's why new updates take longer and longer time to be released, even though the amount of content is almost the same. Chapter 2 was about the same size as Chapter 8, but was made 3 times faster, and, as far as understand, now Eva even has more people to help her to make the game.
Also chapter 2 had 10000 lines of code and 74 images, chapter 8 had 19000 and 246

Massi89

Dec 21, 2020
I don't mind that Eva keeps the community committed with little side projects like this.

Also, a couple of weeks ago I started to translate a visual novel in my native language during my free time... guys, even just translating the text of a visual novel like ORS would be a freaking long work to do... imagine creating it from zero.

It will take very long before Eva completes this game but to me it's absolutely worth waiting for it.

scor099

Aug 6, 2018
Probably couldn't give sneak peek due to unfinished stuff, without spoiler, or give away too early which will kill the hype.
But also she probably doesn't want to go radio silence too long, hence these cards.

It doesn't take that long to photoshop this card in. I can do it in 2 minutes. So no, she isn't wasting time she just wants to keep in touch and stays active on patreon.
They don't like it when she goes silent and they also don't like when she communicate, people. :cautious:

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
[...] I guess you could blame her for preferring improvisation over extensive planning that probably backfired and is causing all these complications. But it's not from the lack of commitment but is probably the case of biting more than you can chew.
Personally I don't think that Eva went into this without extensive planning beforehand; at the very least she probably would have had a good plan for where she wanted each route to go, leaving room for improvisation and small changes where she saw fit. That's just what I assume from how generally 'together' her writing has been up to this point. Of course, knowing writing, things will only get more complex and I can't imagine it's easy to go chapter by chapter without constant revision to keep things tight, even with a good plan.

I'm not sure if it was similar with GGGB because I wasn't paying attention to the development of the game, but there was something I noticed right from the beginning of ORS: Eva's Patreon tiers don't allow for any real (significant) influence of her Patrons over the content she's putting out, but rather gives the illusion of input. I don't mean that in a bad way, it's actually a positive thing in terms of creating a solid game - if you're constantly catering to the whims of followers/Patrons then you end up with a game that's generally all over the place, and loses its focus as the dev(s) strive to please everyone. Follow a good plan and you're going to get a much neater package in the end.
Where she does allow influence it seems to be either minor, like modifying Ian's clothing when people weren't happy; an illusion, like people voting in polls that makes them think they're dictating something when it's probably more about Eva understanding how her content is being received; or constrained to the highest tier, which allows for a one-time minor cameo of a character that the donor creates that will be completely dictated by Eva.

(I think Milo may have been one such cameo character, seeing as (iirc) he looked specific but a bit out-of-place next to the other characters, even as someone who was part of Allison's life; we probably won't ever see him again.)

So yeah, I'm guessing Eva has a lot more planned out about this game then we know, and the improvisation is more to allow for room to move depending on her mood/feelings as she goes along.

I wouldn't be surprised if it felt overwhelming for her though. Not only the pressure of expectations to deliver, and be equal or better then GGGB, but also the far greater size of the project compared to what we got with GGGB. I really do hope she's still taking some time to chill on the daily, among all the pressure she's probably feeling.

atrebor68

Engaged Member
Aug 26, 2020
Dear friends of ORS, since I don't want to start again the game, some guy with a kind heart could post a saving file from the beginning of the weekend of Ian and Holly, please? I owe him/her a sexual favor ;-)
(...maybe the file save trick doesn't work ...)

Dec 8, 2018
(I think Milo may have been one such cameo character, seeing as (iirc) he looked specific but a bit out-of-place next to the other characters, even as someone who was part of Allison's life; we probably won't ever see him again.)
I thought so too at first, but I actually don't think he is a patron cameo. His physical appearance was described as dishevelled and unkempt by Ian. Someone might take offense if it was based on themselves. While it is still unclear now what role Alison's ex has in the story, the prior mentions of him combined with his fistfight makes me think he will have some bigger role in the storyline (most likely for those who are on Alison's route).

The cameos I've discovered so far are the hotel employee, museum curator and the owner of the music store.

Kryapa

Jun 9, 2019
Will this game get some gangbang, incest, dp stuff anytime soon? I find crafting a real slut to be the best part of GGGB. All that relationship stuff the game is focused on is no fun.

Reactions: jduk

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Will this game get some gangbang, incest, dp stuff anytime soon? I find crafting a real slut to be the best part of GGGB. All that relationship stuff the game is focused on is no fun.
I highly doubt you'll see any of that sort of thing here.

This is more about relationships than slut building.

TamaMountain

Oct 5, 2018
Yea you can guide the female mc, Lena, down a slut path if you choose to do so. The game follows a very similar progression to GGGB in that regard.

You get a tattoo, some piercings, develop an interest in big cocks, set up an onlyfans account etc etc. Very Ashley-esque.

4.60 star(s) 319 Votes