kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
It's ok. At least this way you'll get to see Alison fking Jeremy in all its glory. Those scenes were hot too.
No I won't. I'm not interested in her, she can do whatever she wants with her life. She can prostitute herself for all I care.

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
I'm not saying that she has all this feelings rigth in the beginning of story, but definetly this feelings grows as the story unfolds and we choose to engage sexualy with her. And is totaly natural she looking for Jeremy if Ian doesn't go to her. Allison is going through a difficult time in her life just like Ian and Lena and wants to have some fun. So, it's normal she have sex with a guy who's interested in her when the guy she's interested in first doesn't go for her. I will never play Allison path where her and Jeremy fuck because i don't like him and have zero interest in see this content, but this doens't invalid Allison's feelings for Ian
And that's where we agree to disagree.

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
Alison has such deep feelings for Ian that at the first time he doesn't go for her, she turns to Jeremy. Maybe she has feelings for him too? ;) That alone closed her route for me. Call me old fashioned but that's how I see it.
Allison has a certain level of insecurity and low self-esteem, especially when it comes to impressing Ian. I can't recall if it's explains the actual reason for her low self-esteem, but perhaps it's to do with her being quite tall (I have a niece who is tall af an it always made her self-conscious cos guys felt weird about dating a girl taller then them), or feeling like she's not quite the prettiest or most interesting girl in the room? Or maybe it's just that she has been in love with Ian for so long yet somehow felt inadequate next to a sexy redhead like Gillian, or isn't sure how she measures up to his ex now that Ian is available? It's like, when you really like someone and over-analyze everything about yourself because you just want to impress them and seem perfect (and can come across as super awkward as a result). In any case, we see that in her desire for validation in how she dresses, and how she insists on butting in when Ian goes to talk to someone other then her - she wants to feel like the most important thing in the room for Ian. Or the most important thing for Ian, period.

I feel like her hooking up with Jeremy when Ian turns her invitation down at the start is to try to make up for how that rejection damaged her self-esteem, and because in that moment Jeremy probably gave her what she needed - a feeling of being wanted and to feel sexy. We see exactly the same thing if Ian grinds on Emma at the club - Allison will instantly start grinding on Jeremy. My guess it that's her way of trying to feel, or prove, that she's not deeply affected by Ian's rejection in that moment - to try to smooth over the sting by distracting herself with another guy.

I'm also guessing that Jeremy zeroed in on her emotional vulnerability like a pro - he's probably got a nose for it being the player he is - and of course he wouldn't say anything to Ian about it even if he knew or suspected, so he can take full advantage of it.

I'm not sure how well I explained that, but hopefully you get the idea. :unsure:

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Allison has a certain level of insecurity and low self-esteem, especially when it comes to impressing Ian. I can't recall if it's explains the actual reason for her low self-esteem, but perhaps it's to do with her being quite tall (I have a niece who is tall af an it always made her self-conscious cos guys felt weird about dating a girl taller then them), or feeling like she's not quite the prettiest or most interesting girl in the room? Or maybe it's just that she has been in love with Ian for so long yet somehow felt inadequate next to a sexy redhead like Gillian, or isn't sure how she measures up to his ex now that Ian is available? It's like, when you really like someone and over-analyze everything about yourself because you just want to impress them and seem perfect (and can come across as super awkward as a result). In any case, we see that in her desire for validation in how she dresses, and how she insists on butting in when Ian goes to talk to someone other then her - she wants to feel like the most important thing in the room for Ian. Or the most important thing for Ian, period.

I feel like her hooking up with Jeremy when Ian turns her invitation down at the start is to try to make up for how that rejection damaged her self-esteem, and because in that moment Jeremy probably gave her what she needed - a feeling of being wanted and to feel sexy. We see exactly the same thing if Ian grinds on Emma at the club - Allison will instantly start grinding on Jeremy. My guess it that's her way of trying to feel, or prove, that she's not deeply affected by Ian's rejection in that moment - to try to smooth over the sting by distracting herself with another guy.

I'm also guessing that Jeremy zeroed in on her emotional vulnerability like a pro - he's probably got a nose for it being the player he is - and of course he wouldn't say anything to Ian about it even if he knew or suspected, so he can take full advantage of it.

I'm not sure how well I explained that, but hopefully you get the idea. :unsure:
Yep, she has some flaws and those are what make me close her path on my main playthrough. Oh and it happened more than once, the thing with Jeremy. Lena also has flaws, we all have, the question is which ones you're more confortably with. It's a bad comparison because we also choose what happens in Lenas life, still it is what it is. I had to choose and I chose Lena not to mention it wouldn't be fair for Alison to have a relation with her, with everything you said to confirm it, without having "feelings" for her. I would be a prick. I would be worse than Jeremy since I know she has feelings for me (Ian).

Last edited:
Reactions: Zedire

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Yep. And sometimes, all i want is take her to my arms, hold her tight and say exactly this: "you are the most important thing to me". God, Allison has strong effects on me
That's great mate. It's a good thing that we don't all like the same things. I will probably do a playthrough with Alison as my main LI and maybe I'll even enjoy it more than the Lena one. We will see ;)

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
That's great mate. It's a good thing that we don't all like the same things. I will probably do a playthrough with Alison as my main LI and maybe I'll even enjoy it more than the Lena one. We will see ;)
Totally agree. And i wish you like Allison's content. In the end, we play just to have fun

Reactions: Reasoon

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Totally agree. And i wish you like Allison's content. In the end, we play just to have fun
I'm sure I'll like it. I'll explore it at the same time I'll explore a more naughty Lena path, not a crazy one though as corrutpion and blackmail are not my thing.

Reactions: Zedire

Reasoon

Apr 8, 2018

Once again I think this is nearly a perfect Analysis of Alison's Character. (y) Also the part about Jeremy was spot on and this is exactly why I hate him in this whole Alison Scenario because he doesn't give a shit about Ian and Alison.

Alison hooking up with Jeremy is just what you said and nothing more. Even if you let AlisonxJeremy happen and then start her Route later in Chapter 3 I think she will soon stop hooking up with Jeremy. I remember her saying something like this in Chapter 5 in the Club. I think this also clearly confirms that she has no interest in Jeremy other than casual Sex if Ian is not available.

Yep. And sometimes, all i want is take her to my arms, hold her tight and say exactly this: "you are the most important thing to me". God, Allison has strong effects on me
Same :D I'm glad there is some Love for Alison here!

thedude

Aug 9, 2016
Allison has a certain level of insecurity and low self-esteem, especially when it comes to impressing Ian. I can't recall if it's explains the actual reason for her low self-esteem, but perhaps it's to do with her being quite tall (I have a niece who is tall af an it always made her self-conscious cos guys felt weird about dating a girl taller then them), or feeling like she's not quite the prettiest or most interesting girl in the room?
I believe it's a mix of what you said and where she currently is in her life.

Right before the game, she felt like she had it all figured out. She was in a relationship, had a stable career on what seemed like a stable company and her own house (?) - not sure on the latter, but I believe she had to move after losing her job.

Now, she broke up her relationship (which leads to a crazy ex that won't leave her alone - at least he isn't near as strong as Axel), lost her job because her previous company closed and now has a role she feels is underneath what she deserves (constantly bickering about a girl who has a higher position only because she is related to the boss) and had move back to her parent's house (checkmate on her humiliation) - all happened in a short period of time, if I'm not mistaken.

For all her flaws, she really feels like the most realistic character in the game, imo. I really like her.

Nov 15, 2020

I think this sums it up really well. I was about to write a comment adding to some of your points, but then thedude wrote more or less exactly what I was going to write:

Right before the game, she felt like she had it all figured out. She was in a relationship, had a stable career on what seemed like a stable company and her own house (?) - not sure on the latter, but I believe she had to move after losing her job.

Now, she broke up her relationship (which leads to a crazy ex that won't leave her alone - at least he isn't near as strong as Axel), lost her job because her previous company closed and now has a role she feels is underneath what she deserves (constantly bickering about a girl who has a higher position only because she is related to the boss) and had move back to her parent's house (checkmate on her humiliation) - all happened in a short period of time, if I'm not mistaken.

For all her flaws, she really feels like the most realistic character in the game, imo. I really like her.
Which I think is an important part of it too. If you're on a roll and everything's going your way in life, it's easy to take a rejection; while Alison on the other hand probably puts a lot of weight into how things go with Ian. If Ian rejects her as well, it adds another thing to her heap of recent failures. So she hooks up with Jeremy instead – to convince both herself and Ian that her feelings for him aren't really a big deal.

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
Yep, she has some flaws and those are what make me close her path on my main playthrough. Oh and it happened more than once, the thing with Jeremy. Lena also has flaws, we all have, the question is which ones you're more confortably with. It's a bad comparison because we also choose what happens in Lenas life, still it is what it is. I had to choose and I chose Lena not to mention it wouldn't be fair for Alison to have a relation with her, with everything you said to confirm it, without having "feelings" for her. I would be a prick. I would be worse than Jeremy since I know she has feelings for me (Ian).
That's fine - we all have the things we like and don't like. For me it kind of depends on my mood; sometimes I prefer the focused and more wholesome romance paths, and at other times I like playing Ian as a mega chad. It's fun to be able to explore both.

I just wanted to try to explain what I felt was the reason behind Allison hooking up with Jeremy; that it was more a case of her vulnerabilities then any indication that she doesn't have deep feelings for Ian. I don't think she ever saw Jeremy as anything other then a hook-up when she needed that validation, otherwise she wouldn't have tried again with Ian despite being turned down the first time, and despite the likelihood he would turn her down again. For someone like her who struggles with self esteem issues, that's probably a pretty big risk to take. I think that was an indication of how serious she was about starting something meaningful with Ian - how much she's putting herself on the line for him - and I really liked that about her.

So yeah, Allison is definitely a character that really grew on me as I played her story-line. I'm looking forward to the weekend getaway she has with Ian (in the next chapter?), and hope it will have the chance to delve more deeply into the romance side of their relationship - not just the sex (although obviously we want sex too). I want my Ian to be able to return Allison's feelings at some stage, and help her to realize she has no reason to feel inadequate. :)

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
but perhaps it's to do with her being quite tall
Here's my theory: Her self esteem issues might not be about her height at all or it may just be a tiny fraction of it but the real reason is Ian. We know she's had a crush on him since at least highschool and we know that throughout all this time Ian never showed any interest in her. Maybe this rejection caused her to wonder why she isn't good enough for him? Maybe she sees all the women Ian has been getting chummy with (Lena) and starts comparing herself to them? I can definitely see that sort of mindset spiraling and causing self esteem issues.

_Zebra_

Jun 24, 2017
How do you guys feel about the amount of content per update (keeping in mind the new cycle) in comparison to GGGB? We are now at 4 months, though I assume EK will return to a 3-month update cycle.

I know the visual quality has improved massively and the mechanics are more complex, plus there is outside help involved but purely based on the number of [Char A]x [Char B] scenes I feel the story is progressing at a somewhat sluggish pace. What do you think?
In terms of content size, things are more or less the same. A GGGB update usually had around 7k lines of script vs ORS which now has way more lines in one update, but it takes longer to get that update.

For example, I randomly picked 3 GGGB update V17, V18 and V19. Script size: 23k. Images: ~85 (not taking into account character variations blonde/redhead Ash, Dave/Jack, good/bad Eva, etc.). Development time: ~3 months.

Now if we compare that with the last update, the result will talk for itself. Script size: 19.1k. Images: ~100 (not taking into account the images used for the 2 picture animation). Development time: ~3 months.

And just like I started this post, IMO things are more or less the same. One could say that because there are more people involved, there should be more content. That didn't happen though, because Eva picked quality over quantity; so all the help was used for better art, better presentation, just like you said. Is the game more complex? Not really, from the "code" point of view there are just a bunch of flags and if statements. Is it harder to write? Yes, because there are 2 characters and you have to think about both of them.

In the end the game is great and worth waiting for it.

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
Here's my theory: Her self esteem issues might not be about her height at all or it may just be a tiny fraction of it but the real reason is Ian. We know she's had a crush on him since at least highschool and we know that throughout all this time Ian never showed any interest in her. Maybe this rejection caused her to wonder why she isn't good enough for him? Maybe she sees all the women Ian has been getting chummy with (Lena) and starts comparing herself to them? I can definitely see that sort of mindset spiraling and causing self esteem issues.
That could quite possibly add to it. And all the other suggestions made (like by thedude) would contribute too. I mean, we see it in Cindy too - that she feels somewhat provoked over Lena as a model being friends with Ian and wonders how she measures up to that; wants to prove she has what it takes too. So yeah. Ian really must have some powerful magnetism going on. lol
(EDIT: Not gonna lie, considering how good he's meant to be in bed, and that he's comfortably charismatic and intelligent, while still being the easy-going boy-next-door type, I'd probably fancy an Ian too, if I knew him. )

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017

I completely agree! I think we can all relate to getting cut from a good job and having to settle for something we're overqualified for. Also, the nepotism really stings. I worked at a company once where I was skipped over for a promotion and the boss's cousin got it instead.

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
That could quite possibly add to it. And all the other suggestions made (like by thedude) would contribute too. I mean, we see it in Cindy too - that she feels somewhat provoked over Lena as a model being friends with Ian and wonders how she measures up to that; wants to prove she has what it takes too. So yeah. Ian really must have some powerful magnetism going on. lol
It's also highly relatable character traits even if someone is too prideful to admit they have insecurities and have compared themselves to others at some point lol. The more I think on it, the more I feel Cindy and Alison are among the best written and fleshed out characters thus far.

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
It's also highly relatable character traits even if someone is too prideful to admit they have insecurities and have compared themselves to others at some point lol. The more I think on it, the more I feel Cindy and Alison are among the best written and fleshed out characters thus far.
Add Holly to that list too - she's quite well done.

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Question: In the bar when she asks Ian where Jeremy is, if he answers that Jeremy is with a girl, does she still go with Jeremy If Ian rejects her? ;)

Nov 15, 2020
On a different note: Does anyone have any thoughts about what the chapter title could imply for Ian's side of the story? The title's obviously not gonna sum up all the scenes in the chapter, but I'd expect it to allude to at least one scene for each protagonist, the same way "Heavenly Sins" most likely is meant as a reference to both the Ian/Cindy scene and the Lena/Jeremy scene.

I guess Minerva is the most obvious character to be involved, but her power as Ian's boss pales a bit in comparison to Seymour's seemingly unlimited influence. Maybe a new scene between Ian and Cindy could also fit in with the title? While Minerva is a powerful figure, you could say that Ian tempting Cindy into cheating on Wade again is a way of… I don't know, asserting dominance?

4.60 star(s) 319 Votes