Daxidix

Jul 22, 2017
I save before a decision. If I screw up I check auto-load. There have been times where I had to go back to a previous scene to avoid the screw up. In the end, it doesn't matter. Because I end up replaying the whole game anyway.
I also do this but the problem is that when I start playing a new update (almost there yall!) I often forget from which path that save was :$

• Thinking Face
Reactions: godoff95

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Does anyone know which would be the most optimal way to create different save points to differentiate between routes? I used to have a method in which i would save all the decissions of an specific route until the end of chapter (e.g save all the decisions of ian + lena and cindy) and after that start the same process but for different route (ian + lena and holly) However, after the last update it became really messy and im no longer sure which saves are from which route x.x) i would appreciate any help/tips :D
You can name each individual save. Forgot the exact UI but it's not hard. Just fiddle with the save menu for a sec and you can figure it out. I'll name each route with an abbreviation. Like Ian Allison would be IaAl, then whatever other abbreviation for variations you've chosen in that route.

Reactions: jeje33 and godoff95

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Does anyone know which would be the most optimal way to create different save points to differentiate between routes? I used to have a method in which i would save all the decissions of an specific route until the end of chapter (e.g save all the decisions of ian + lena and cindy) and after that start the same process but for different route (ian + lena and holly) However, after the last update it became really messy and im no longer sure which saves are from which route x.x) i would appreciate any help/tips :D
You can name the save pages however you want. I usually name them like this: "Canon", "Lena Singer (Lou, Rob) / Ian Writer (Al, Hol)", "Ian MMA (Chad) + Lena Model (Slut)", etc. And each page dedicated to a separate chapter + path.

So it looks like this:
Page 1 | Ch1 | Canon
Page 2 | Ch1| Lena Singer (Lou, Rob) / Ian Writer (Al, Hol)
Page 3 | Ch1 | Ian MMA (Chad) + Lena Model (Slut)
Page 4 | Ch2 | Canon
etc.

I used to save at the start of each day, but now I only do that for days where you make decisions that can diverge the story. If I can quickly Ctrl through a linear day, then I ignore it. With the Gallery mode coming, I don't recommend saving before sex scenes either, since it would be a waste of a save slot.

Additionally, I also started backing up my saves manually to build a collection of saves for testing. Each save file has a corresponding txt file with all of the active variables just so I could pick and choose which one I need to test a particular scene or a route.

Now that I think about it, this game could really benefit from a save editor where you could set up the variables, set the values for stats, etc. While you can somewhat do that with Debug Mode, the game doesn't differentiate between different paths, you have to do that yourself. If you enable all the variables, it would be chaos and the game would no doubt break. Having a smart Save Editor tool that doesn't allow you to activate conflicting variables would be very useful. I wish I knew how to code one, because I know which combination of choices can exist at the same time, and which ones conflict with one another. If it's possible to do for Renpy games, and someone knows how to and wants to code such a tool, I'm willing to provide my expertise and help differentiate between conflicting paths/variable combinations.

Last edited:
Reactions: HS1990 and noturiah

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017
Imagine a game with a complex story and interesting characters like ORS ... but with graphics and animations like TREASURE OF NADIA ... Awesome!:love:

Reactions: Alex_12

aykarin

Aug 3, 2019
Imagine a game with a complex story and interesting characters like ORS ... but with graphics and animations like TREASURE OF NADIA ... Awesome!:love:
If ORS had similar graphics to Treasure of Nadia it wouldn't be half as good. ORS has very pretty 2d artstyle (even though it's done mostly by image tracing) that stands out among most VNs on this site

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
If she had done this for the past few updates you people would have a point, we're talking about 1 update that's been taking longer than usual, so i don't get the complaints.

But she does need to structure things better, i was shocked when i found out she's got no sort of basic story already delineated on paper, she's just writing shit from update to update, that's incredibly risky if you can't figure out where to go from a certain premise.

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
But she does need to structure things better, i was shocked when i found out she's got no sort of basic story already delineated on paper, she's just writing shit from update to update, that's incredibly risky if you can't figure out where to go from a certain premise.
After GGGB, I think she needed to come up with a framework relatively quickly to be able to drop the first updates. The game is more designed like a telenovela with sex scenes as part of the plot than a classical linear story. Dialogues are only foreplay.

St0rm1

Dec 3, 2019
You can name the save pages however you want. I usually name them like this: "Canon", "Lena Singer (Lou, Rob) / Ian Writer (Al, Hol)", "Ian MMA (Chad) + Lena Model (Slut)", etc. And each page dedicated to a separate chapter + path.

So it looks like this:
Page 1 | Ch1 | Canon
Page 2 | Ch1| Lena Singer (Lou, Rob) / Ian Writer (Al, Hol)
Page 3 | Ch1 | Ian MMA (Chad) + Lena Model (Slut)
Page 4 | Ch2 | Canon
etc.

I used to save at the start of each day, but now I only do that for days where you make decisions that can diverge the story. If I can quickly Ctrl through a linear day, then I ignore it. With the Gallery mode coming, I don't recommend saving before sex scenes either, since it would be a waste of a save slot.

Additionally, I also started backing up my saves manually to build a collection of saves for testing. Each save file has a corresponding txt file with all of the active variables just so I could pick and choose which one I need to test a particular scene or a route.

Now that I think about it, this game could really benefit from a save editor where you could set up the variables, set the values for stats, etc. While you can somewhat do that with Debug Mode, the game doesn't differentiate between different paths, you have to do that yourself. If you enable all the variables, it would be chaos and the game would no doubt break. Having a smart Save Editor tool that doesn't allow you to activate conflicting variables would be very useful. I wish I knew how to code one, because I know which combination of choices can exist at the same time, and which ones conflict with one another. If it's possible to do for Renpy games, and someone knows how to and wants to code such a tool, I'm willing to provide my expertise and help differentiate between conflicting paths/variable combinations.
There exists such a tool. Just google renpy save Editor

noturiah

Sep 2, 2021
One of the things I like about ORS is that, despite how good Ian and Lena are together, it seems to be totally possible for them not to end up together. Of course the game isn't anywhere near done yet, but by the end of 0.8 it seems like other options (Ian x Holly, Lena x Louise, maybe a couple of others) are real possibilities for long-term relationships which aren't just impulsive or one person just taking advantage of the other. That's exciting to me, especially for multiple playthroughs.

What do you all think about this in ORS? Are you hoping for these options, and if so, which one(s)? Also, are there other quality games out there which set up an "expected" pairing at the start but you can end up with someone else that's a different but equally satisfying relationship? I feel like there's a lot of games where you can end up with one of several satisfying choices, but I think many of those games start with an open field of potential partners, not one where the structure of the game presents one partner as the most likely.

noturiah

Sep 2, 2021
Also, a noob question from... well, a noob. How do I get me a few of those super-cool game banners to add to the bottom of my messages?

BigSexy57

Apr 13, 2019
Seems like this dev has also become a milker. Her patrons should probably stop simping and pledging a bit to see if her pace improves.
1. you know, they keep telling it: you have to pay a really big money to have a right on a little complaints! some game developers offer pay2play tariff, other devs do pay2win thicks, and folks who deffence all mistakes of current developer, no matter what, have on their flag battle-cry like "PAY TO COMPLAINTS" ^_^
2. you must know english language well enough, to understand that - promise is not actually a promise. so you may say that if update will came out in this century - you will become a patreon for the highest possible donation price, and you can even tell that if you would not become a patreon - you will shoot yourself with a magnum in the left eye, you will chop off your right arm and burn in in central park, you will cut out your heart with a rusty spoon and feed it to a frog, you will... a lot of things like that. so, when update will come out in this century (IF it will happen, not sure about that) - you, as a great english language expert, can start kind explanations that poor non-1st-language-english-speaking-creatures, that it was just an intention, a figure of speach, a way you wanted to show how you want things to happen, but nothing specific and that were not any direct promises in what you told. when they would start calling you a liar, you must say that they are too cruel men if they want you to do all that bloody things to yourself. that's what strategies you can learn from agents of that dev during previous 10-20 pages of all the liquid sh1t about that teeth kicking stuff and how great and reliable the dev still is ))
Eva and milker can't be in the same sentence
Am sorry, is it a string from Bible? Or any other quite from any other impeccability axiomatic book?
Ok, if she need help - i can do it the same way that all of the agents of this developer do in this thread for all the time:
Attention everybody! Dudes, forget that this game have all the scenes only about Ian or Lena interacting with somebody else, no other characters got any content for themselfs. Forget that most of alternative dialog choices leads to no where and have no art content for it, so all the characters stories still just as linear as a line, and all choice you can get is: to see one and only scene with that character, or not to see that scene, in most cases. Forget that all texts, situations, scenes, alt routes that you have ever suggested for this game - did not actually made its way into the devs ears, or eyes, not even to teath, if you know what i mean... The dev just autisticaly do what he wants and nothing else matters. ))
So, as soon as you have succesfully forgotten about all things like that - you may keep yourself occupied by writing here a lot of yet another version of your own fantasies and wishes and desired scenes for that game - and don't you dare to ever tell any complaints that it still not happened and never will appear in game. Let's just write own fantasies about desired content, that will drag your attention well enough from the fact of how poor, predictable, unnatural, linear and very very liitle in quantity the content of that game still is and going to be further ^_^

Clone002

Mar 26, 2019
Also, a noob question from... well, a noob. How do I get me a few of those super-cool game banners to add to the bottom of my messages?
go to OP > click on Fan Signs > copy gif url > go to Settings > go to Signature > insert gif url > save > there you have a super-cool ORS banner at the bottom of your messages

Reactions: noturiah
4.60 star(s) 318 Votes