Biggie123

Apr 23, 2018
Eva Kiss is a very good dev. I played both games and discover all possibilities isn't easy and takes a lot of time. Eva really thinking about how to construct games and stories. Drawings improved LOT and game design. Her drawings are amazing, keeping attention to details, line quality, etc. I know Eva copies models, but it still takes a lot of time and sweat and probably has many years of practice. I didn't expect that game have that lot of content.

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
I have seen many devs become complacent once they reach a certain level of patrons. Delays, excuses and disappearances. No one is immune to charms of success.
Except Eva is about the same level than she was with GGGB, is she not ?
And she delivered with that game.
The fact this one is infinitely more complex and that she's investing money to make the game better (colorist, backgrounds, trying to get someone else to help with art etc) should be a good indicator that she's not in fact being complacent.

If anything I'd argue the last part of GGGB was like that, because the last fourth of it saw the plot become extremely simple.
With each updates of ORS the complexity has been increasing.

I personally think she should take a month to plan ahead. Write down all the options for the next three updates on a board, all the permutations, then restart working on the script once she's happy with it, one update at a time. Gives her the flexibility needed and wanted, allows her to not have to think about the ramifications too much once she's in "writing mode" because that's done and gives more consistency to the game.

Of course, it's easy for me to say this, and it might actually not be practical. But the one thing I won't do, is shoot on the ambulance because I believe in her and so far she always has delivered with the updates.
We'll have that talk again later, I'm sure.

MrHClock

Oct 10, 2021
I think it's pointless to try to guess intentions and attitudes but it's undeniable the business model incentivizes slowrolling the content as much as you can get away with. In the end of the day you trust and support or you don't.

Reactions: John-18

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
lazy twat who has nothing better to do than wait for Eva to release the update so he can jerk off
*without paying.
Non paying people are not customers & have no validity criticising how long it takes a dev to produce their product, so we can pirate it.
Even if someone pays to support, they are not automatically entitled to an update. It's not what they actually pay the money for.
If they think that it is, then they should probably check the T's & C's.

Daxidix

Jul 22, 2017
Does anyone know which would be the most optimal way to create different save points to differentiate between routes? I used to have a method in which i would save all the decissions of an specific route until the end of chapter (e.g save all the decisions of ian + lena and cindy) and after that start the same process but for different route (ian + lena and holly) However, after the last update it became really messy and im no longer sure which saves are from which route x.x) i would appreciate any help/tips :D

godoff95

Mar 15, 2018
Does anyone know which would be the most optimal way to create different save points to differentiate between routes? I used to have a method in which i would save all the decissions of an specific route until the end of chapter (e.g save all the decisions of ian + lena and cindy) and after that start the same process but for different route (ian + lena and holly) However, after the last update it became really messy and im no longer sure which saves are from which route x.x) i would appreciate any help/tips :D
I save before a decision. If I screw up I check auto-load. There have been times where I had to go back to a previous scene to avoid the screw up. In the end, it doesn't matter. Because I end up replaying the whole game anyway.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes