pcaf

Dec 3, 2019
Nah. Eva does not qualify to be in my list of elite milkers. Not yet at least. Prior to this update she has been relatively consistent.
If this trend continues in the next few updates and the number of dubious excuses increases with, then only will I feel it might be justified to say she's milking.

DDDIsReal

B.I.T.W.
Donor
Dec 25, 2019
I gotta say i bet your mommas are very proud of yourselfs when you put someone on ignore and you come here and tell about it, like we give a damn who you guys put on ignore, i can tell that the person you put on ignore will suffer a lot cuz of this:FacePalm:

Wonder if she has more teeth to kick, i mean from sept when she said that till now, myeah i dunno:)
you care enough to reply so stfu kid ;)

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Nah. Eva does not qualify to be in my list of elite milkers. Not yet at least.
Agreed. She hasn't even shared a profile pic. Not much info to go on. :confused: Just relying on my Abigail Shapiro folder for now.

Fought my urge to dad-joke and lost. Sorry. Though I'm pretty definite she's just overworked due to the complexity of the game vs available resources + middling/novice project planning skills (you've got to structure the full story ahead of time for a duel-protagonist cyoa with this many paths). No idea about her milkers, but I don't think she's a mooch.

Last edited:

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
If she had done this for the past few updates you people would have a point, we're talking about 1 update that's been taking longer than usual, so i don't get the complaints.

But she does need to structure things better, i was shocked when i found out she's got no sort of basic story already delineated on paper, she's just writing shit from update to update, that's incredibly risky if you can't figure out where to go from a certain premise.
It's not only risky, but it's also incredibly stress-inducing. There's a reason why most developers finish the script before going on with the rest of the project. It's common even for experienced writers to hit writer's block, and when it happens, if you don't have anything to fall back on, you can only delay the update.

HeroHate

Oct 10, 2019
Dunno about everybody else because I haven't read the entire reply tab on this post, but I don't think it's about entitlement, is just that the community has seen its fair share of devs that sneakily abandon a project or deliver piss-poor updates while they're making bank on Patreon. Backer or not, it's a pretty scummy move that I'm sure a lot of people hate.
Most of these games are seeing this now, I don't back games as such, if after a playthrough it was good I'll throw some money their way.

Reactions: GuyFawkesHer

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Dunno about everybody else because I haven't read the entire reply tab on this post, but I don't think it's about entitlement, is just that the community has seen its fair share of devs that sneakily abandon a project or deliver piss-poor updates while they're making bank on Patreon. Backer or not, it's a pretty scummy move that I'm sure a lot of people hate.
I wouldn't worry about Eva losing interest in the game or decreasing quality of the updates. The first option is just unimaginable because of the ambitions Eva has for this game that I think are too big for her own good. On technical level, they'll only be better. If you compare Chapter 2 Alpha with Chapter 8 Alpha, then Chapter 8 in the Alpha stage was already proofread and fairly polished, comparable to the state of Chapter 2 Final. If by "piss-poor updates" you mean the content, then this game is structured in such a way, that Eva, even if she wanted to, can't really back down on the content. Each Chapter moves the timeline forward which means plot lines also need to develop at the same time (doesn't mean at the same pace). And because the game has so many different branches and paths, Eva will have to account for all of them in some capacity while writing each update. There's just no way she could release an update with only one or two scenes (like some updates of GGGB were) without having to think about convoluted plot reasons each time the content for a certain romanceable character is not available. You could say that Eva wrote herself into a corner with this one where she HAS TO deliver a big update for each chapter. It's possible that some of the less important routes will be cut short due to sheer amount of them (I struggle testing every path, imagine writing them), but it's impossible to do that for the main characters without causing a massive outrage among patrons.

The only real danger for Eva that you may worry about is the increasing development time. And even that will have its limits. If Eva takes too big breaks, then it will make her writing even harder, because the events won't be fresh on her memory anymore. And I know that both Eva and I are more productive when we take small breaks in-between to recharge, but are still focused on the task at hand. If I have to take a one-month break from something, it's extremely hard to pull myself back into a working mode. The brain gets rusty like that and Eva knows that.

Last edited:

Eye-switcher

Jun 30, 2017
The only real danger for Eva that you may worry about is the increasing development time.
Yes, and that something she should worry about too i guess as it probably leads to fewer Patrons.
Solution is to gp with less content and more frequent updates. a couple of days for each protag. and that's it.
Or as you said cut certain routes or characters but that isn't that is a real option i would think.
It will be really interesting to see what happens after this update, my guess is she likely need some strategy going forward not just , next update, next update. My guess she will cut back on content and more frequent updates for her own sake and for thoose that is backing.

Reactions: pavlogrk and Aiwass

jimul18

Mar 10, 2019
I feel the amount of branching storylines has also made GGGB difficult at the end, especially with all the body mods to account for in the visuals. ORS is more matured in terms of art, however the last part is starting to be included with the tattoos.

Add to that the two main characters and the fact that the days overlap. I am afraid there need to be more drastic changes for the update cycle to shorten. You can limit interaction between one of the main characters and the supporting characters in the life of the others, or you can get more loose with the time: split the updates and sprinkle in overlapping events.

Nov 15, 2020
I think it's a legitimate opinion to think that five months is too long between updates (as a general rule), but I'm not sure if releasing shorter updates would be a well-working solution. As the different storylines get more and more tangled together, it might be harder to write updates which span only a few days instead of longer updates covering a set of events and scenes which Eva considers to belong together. Each chapter also needs a logical end-point.

I also agree that she ideally should perhaps plan ahead more than what it seems like she's doing at the moment. But to be fair we don't know the details about how she's constructing the story. She's given a few comments which give the impression that she's doing very little planning, but there's also a lot of things in the game that I assume have been planned long in advance. She mentioned in one status report recently that the new update contains some (for her) long-awaited scenes (Lena with Axel and Seymour?), so I think it's fair to assume she's got a lot of the story planned out, just not everything or the exact chronology of it.

She could obviously try to get ahead of the writing difficulties by always having a couple of chapters planned out in detail, as has been mentioned here a few times. But another way to do it is to instead plan a set of key events for each path at different points of the story, giving a general direction, and then more or less improvise from that—which I suspect is closer to what she's doing. Let's take Ian and Cindy as an example: I assume Eva had a specific or more general plan about how they would get together a couple of months into the story. With that in mind, she knows that the story needs several scenes that gradually change their relationship and impression of each other to the point where they end up having sex in a back alley after a party. Often it's easier to write scene B, C and D if you already know how scene A and E will play out, than to write scene C, D and E if you only have scene A and B planned.

It's obviously possible to both plan scene A to E and how they fit in with the rest of the story, but you can also just take the opportunities which arise as you write your way through the story. Some writers are more intuitive than others, and Eva seems to be one of them. In my opinion one of her biggest strengths is how she sets up scenes like those between Ian and Cindy, which gradually and very subtly change the characters's progression and their impression of each other. If she instead plans out all the scenes in advance, there's a chance they would feel less organic and more constructed. There's obviously a balance to it, but I don't necessarily think she's that far away from the ideal working method for her and the game.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Some devs make 3000 daz renders in 5 or 6 months. 3Daz rendering takes more time than tracing images and I seriously doubt this ORS update will have 3000 images.
The problem with ORS is the branching paths imo. Everyone loves how GGGB had so many branching paths, I don't know other game with such complexity. But here we have two main MC with interconnecting paths, that must be a real clusterfuck as the game progresses.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes