TheHologram

Feb 15, 2018
Unity can incrementally update but I suspect that its more a function of how a game is originally structured and abilities of the developer and wanting that from the start to make it viable. I dont remember any settings that make this automatic at all in Unity which is what is likely needed. Most AAA games are not structured this way with large teams so I would not hold much hope for small developers unless they explicitly focused on it (either on this project or in the past).

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
Story Anon Can Unity due update patches instead of downloading the full game every time? Getting a little larger now and the slower downloads make me sad :(.
Unity can incrementally update but I suspect that its more a function of how a game is originally structured and abilities of the developer and wanting that from the start to make it viable. I dont remember any settings that make this automatic at all in Unity which is what is likely needed. Most AAA games are not structured this way with large teams so I would not hold much hope for small developers unless they explicitly focused on it (either on this project or in the past).
package.png
Funny that you mention it... we do have updates in packages in the dev version for android.. so im sure new versions will have its own "clic here to update" apk's

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Story Anon Can Unity due update patches instead of downloading the full game every time? Getting a little larger now and the slower downloads make me sad :(.
There is one, the f95 upload team just doesn’t like putting it in the OP for some reason. Just check out our itch.io whenever there’s a public release.

You’re right that it’s not necessarily a built in feature, but I actually did specifically nag Snow to make the images and script files easy to access specifically so I could throw together content patches.

View attachment 1737928
Funny that you mention it... we do have updates in packages in the dev version for android.. so im sure new versions will have its own "clic here to update" apk's
Yeah the new android version will be updated solely through patches.

I certainly will.

For shame, linkman. Ch30 -> v2.15 patch mirror Google Drive
Thank you for getting that :D(y)

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
What, are they afraid of pirating too much at once? :ROFLMAO:
I think its more... you get used to move big data, so you dont value small data (patches)
Like.. i can download the full build in 30 seconds, so i dont bother with the update patches, i can imagine the uploaders end up developing that sense too.

Reactions: Story Anon

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
I think its more... you get used to move big data, so you dont value small data (patches)
Like.. i can download the full build in 30 seconds, so i dont bother with the update patches, i can imagine the uploaders end up developing that sense too.
See, that I can accept.

Can't say the same for when entire versions (usually mac) are stuck lagging behind the Windows skew.

Reactions: Story Anon

blastwave2k

Jun 23, 2017
Had a weird bug. After finishing "My Scarily Nice Sensei", the game immediately and by itself played "Jamie Side 2", even though I saw it already, and just keep on playing in on a loop. It happened once, after reloading save everything went normal, so nothing game breaking, reporting just in case.
i get the sarah story 2 infinitely looping. i'm not sure where the end of the update is because i don't see anything else trigger

mixati

Jun 6, 2018
Yeah, could do without the gay slurs tbh.
What I ended up doing was opening all the script files in Notepad++ and doing a find/replace from f*g to soy boy.

I know it's a faux pas to meddle with someone else's vision but considering this is supposed to be the future it seems really weird that he's using slurs that went out of fashion in the 90s. Where would he have even heard people using them?

Link_Xp4444

Jan 6, 2018
What I ended up doing was opening all the script files in Notepad++ and doing a find/replace from f*g to soy boy.

I know it's a faux pas to meddle with someone else's vision but considering this is supposed to be the future it seems really weird that he's using slurs that went out of fashion in the 90s. Where would he have even heard people using them?
Does the show South Park exist in this games universe, or something similar? If so, it could be he heard it from there.

I can think of a compromise, though. Like you said, instead of censoring the artist and expecting him to change the game which would make some people happy and potentially piss other people off, maybe someone familiar with making patches for games (like incest patches for example) could make a sort of 'Language Patch'. This patch would simply change the word f*g to soy boy.

Reactions: akselx

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
Honestly, I can deal, cause I feel like this is part of some buildup to character development.
Like how his dad who supposedly manifests as a now semi-dead meme character may not be on the up and up.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
For context, fag is said a grand total of 4 times in the entire game and 1 of those is by Jamie, the person being called a fag in all the other occurrences. At no point is it used by anybody but best friends giving each other shit.

1649112637354.png

Reactions: akselx

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
It should, it's an ugly word.

A weird part of male psychology is saying ugly as shit stuff to each other in an endearing manner, to the point of being outright insulting sometimes.

Paradoxically, this demonstrates closeness between males in a way that's both socially and individually acceptable as they are both sharing an experience that's frowned upon at best.

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
It should, it's an ugly word.

A weird part of male psychology is saying ugly as shit stuff to each other in an endearing manner, to the point of being outright insulting sometimes.

Paradoxically, this demonstrates closeness between males in a way that's both socially and individually acceptable as they are both sharing an experience that's frowned upon at best.
It's basically a kind of special treatment. This otherwise offensive term is understood in a different context thanks to the closeness of the two involved.

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes