Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
Is there an update for the android build on progress?
Curious to know how well the next version is doing in development.
From the last update (April 10th):
Chapter 31 is well under way (about 50% of renders complete at the moment) and we actually have news about the Android build!

We've finally solved a few of the remaining major hitches with Android and are now into the patron testing phase! It's still in a very, very rough state and there's plenty of work left to do, but the end is in sight.

Right now the challenge is just making sure all the assets load in a manner that's compatible with the Android OS, which you'd think wouldn't be all that complicated but for some reason there are a LOT of undocumented file compatibility issues that we can only find and fix by running head first into them.

Despite that, it's progressing nicely and we should have a better version of it for patrons sooner rather than later! But even then, we won't be taking any break. After Android finally hits a public release, then it's (finally) time for combat to get its much needed revamp!

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
I realized that I signed up for F95 shortly after playing OoT (from a different site) and never commented in this thread.
StoryAnon is the best, glad OoT is doing well.
Thank you!

Is there an update for the android build on progress?
Curious to know how well the next version is doing in development.
Laziness got it, but yeah we're making significant progress. The hardest part we had to figure out was how to get the multipart installation working and that works fine now. The rest is just a matter of time.

Isotone

Sep 12, 2019
Nothing rude about it, the game is in 720p just because of the high amount of images. I did switch the jpg compression algorithm later so the early artifacting mostly disappears.
Is there any way to get better renders? I would love to see 1080p, even if it means 40+ gigs size.

Reactions: Story Anon

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Is there any way to get better renders? I would love to see 1080p, even if it means 40+ gigs size.
There would be a lot more work involved in that than you might think.

I do have the 4k raw images for most of the game, but not all of it. A lot of the original renders from between Ch8 and Ch14 are gone with an old HDD of mine.

Then I'd have to resize those down to 1080 and rename everything to exactly what the 720p renders are so the script will read them correctly. Not a trivial task considering we've already gone over 20,000 renders.

The other option would be to AI upscale the current batch of renders which would probably be easier but could have unforeseen issues.

I might make it a Patreon goal reward, but even then it would likely take a few weeks of work to actually happen and on top of that, how many people would actually even download that patch?

Reactions: Isotone

BraveMan91

Feb 27, 2018
There are a few games and VNs here I adore, and this is one of them. Going into it had little to no expectations. But it blends comedy and emotions very well, and I love your characters and the story you've written. Also, love the 80s inspiration and the music, it's phenomenal. I just wanted to comment, and it's always made me want to try my own hand at it as I love writing. But I got no clue where to start hah. Oh and with current ch. I think? With Leah on her own, is there something you have to do to trigger the next part? Cause I've done all the side stuff and talks and still nowhere to go. Unless it's considered the end of the update?

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
There are a few games and VNs here I adore, and this is one of them. Going into it had little to no expectations. But it blends comedy and emotions very well, and I love your characters and the story you've written. Also, love the 80s inspiration and the music, it's phenomenal. I just wanted to comment, and it's always made me want to try my own hand at it as I love writing. But I got no clue where to start hah. Oh and with current ch. I think? With Leah on her own, is there something you have to do to trigger the next part? Cause I've done all the side stuff and talks and still nowhere to go. Unless it's considered the end of the update?
Thank you!

You're all done for now. The next update (Chapter 31) will be out for Patrons on April 24th and for everyone on May 1st, so not too much longer from now.

Reactions: Laziness

Isotone

Sep 12, 2019
There would be a lot more work involved in that than you might think.

I do have the 4k raw images for most of the game, but not all of it. A lot of the original renders from between Ch8 and Ch14 are gone with an old HDD of mine.

Then I'd have to resize those down to 1080 and rename everything to exactly what the 720p renders are so the script will read them correctly. Not a trivial task considering we've already gone over 20,000 renders.

The other option would be to AI upscale the current batch of renders which would probably be easier but could have unforeseen issues.

I might make it a Patreon goal reward, but even then it would likely take a few weeks of work to actually happen and on top of that, how many people would actually even download that patch?
I mean, I'm not asking for it by any means. Just wanted to know if better renders are downloadable at all.
Originally, I had no expectations, but screenshots of some excellent renders (u know what I mean). It already wasn't looking like some copium for a night, but still ren'py game again and all that stuff bla bla bla... I was met with all those truly alive characters, overall retro theme and amazing story. Sooo... I've sat till morning. Not once, not even twice. Almost no skipping, getting all emotional and intrigued. I can name maybe 3 ren'py'ish games with that level of soul investment and quality. I will surely be enjoying it regardless, but hope to see alternative renders someday.
Sending GIGACHADS to ya, hope it will be as cool as ever!

kazutok12

Feb 6, 2021
so im just confused is there actual sex or nudity i really enjoy the story and am at about cp 10 or so i cant remember but i found this on a discord for sex games and just wanted to clear it up to just know what to expect here

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
so im just confused is there actual sex or nudity i really enjoy the story and am at about cp 10 or so i cant remember but i found this on a discord for sex games and just wanted to clear it up to just know what to expect here
There is, and not in an insignificant amount. The first one is in chapter 15

kazutok12

Feb 6, 2021
ahh thanks just usually noticed alot scenes like in the shower or such it wouldnt show it just was confused because of where i found it lol

Reactions: Laziness

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
ahh thanks just usually noticed alot scenes like in the shower or such it wouldnt show it just was confused because of where i found it lol
Something else to know is that originally, one scene at the start of the game was uncensored (though still framed to be as unsexy as possible) while also having a "no sexual content" tag for a good while.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
I mean, I'm not asking for it by any means. Just wanted to know if better renders are downloadable at all.
Originally, I had no expectations, but screenshots of some excellent renders (u know what I mean). It already wasn't looking like some copium for a night, but still ren'py game again and all that stuff bla bla bla... I was met with all those truly alive characters, overall retro theme and amazing story. Sooo... I've sat till morning. Not once, not even twice. Almost no skipping, getting all emotional and intrigued. I can name maybe 3 ren'py'ish games with that level of soul investment and quality. I will surely be enjoying it regardless, but hope to see alternative renders someday.
Sending GIGACHADS to ya, hope it will be as cool as ever!
Thank you! Glad you're enjoying it!

And it wasn't a stupid question by any means, believe me if it were easy I'd be more than happy to offer an upgrade patch.

That being said, if there are any specific renders you'd like the original higher res versions of, just let me know. It's no problem to post.

Yes, it's just a long game. All the pictures in the OP are in the game.

Reactions: Isotone

Aigrene

Aug 7, 2017
Guys I have a problem. First time I started the game I switched to Fullscreen but then all buttons in the menu disappeared and pressing any key does nothing. I have a widescreen so I feel like it's related to that.
Is there a way to disable fullscreen in a log file somewhere?
I already deleted and downloaded the game again but nothing changed

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 228 Votes