BountyBoy

Jan 20, 2020
I downloaded the game last night, and I just finished what looks like the "first volume" of this story. And what can I say... My ass is caught between two chairs.

First of all, I want to quickly discover the sequel, which looks very promising (from what I understood, it was a long prologue of contextualization we're facing). The visual and animation for a VN using Koikatsu is excellent (and it's probably the selling point somehow). Now, as far as the Writing goes, I was expecting nothing and I got slapped in the face. You can sense that the author is passionate about his work and has a very pleasant reading style. The project is well thought out for sure. I have a lot of questions about the evolution of the script. And I admit I'm confused about the main lines to come, but I guess it's intentional (and will be answered in future volumes).
All along the game (90%),
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
To sum up, I can't wait to read and discover what's next. I am a great supporter of the project. I hope that the visual quality will follow, and that the writing won't lose us too much. The idea of having the point of view of the various protagonists is very good, and I hope that the possibility to make choices for each of them that will have an impact in the future will be available! If you came first for a basic sex game, well... you can go your way, although it would be a shame to miss this gem. ;)

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
I downloaded the game last night, and I just finished what looks like the "first volume" of this story. And what can I say... My ass is caught between two chairs.

First of all, I want to quickly discover the sequel, which looks very promising (from what I understood, it was a long prologue of contextualization we're facing). The visual and animation for a VN using Koikatsu is excellent (and it's probably the selling point somehow). Now, as far as the Writing goes, I was expecting nothing and I got slapped in the face. You can sense that the author is passionate about his work and has a very pleasant reading style. The project is well thought out for sure. I have a lot of questions about the evolution of the script. And I admit I'm confused about the main lines to come, but I guess it's intentional (and will be answered in future volumes).
To sum up, I can't wait to read and discover what's next. I am a great supporter of the project. I hope that the visual quality will follow, and that the writing won't lose us too much. The idea of having the point of view of the various protagonists is very good, and I hope that the possibility to make choices for each of them that will have an impact in the future will be available! If you came first for a basic sex game, well... you can go your way, although it would be a shame to miss this gem. ;)
Adding to your opinion on a tangent: It is tricky to make a game with multiple protagonists, poor wording and presentation on a protagonist can easily fuck the entire project, the fact that this dev managed not only to have two protagonists but also to have them in a developing relationship while managing to make both charismatic and different in their own aspects is a silent but gigantic show of sheer ability.
Adding to that, the humour is well placed and never breaks the serious moments when such are presented. It is a game that can add Chad literal Thundercock into the plot while also being a game that makes you take it seriously.

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
"Maybe" my ass, Jamie when in the room wearing simple clothes that show her body look obvious girly and have boobs yet CJ didn't even realized RIGHT UNDER HIS NOSE. My man CJ, you are an idiot and I feel like that mistaken will be painfully prolong for a while....just like in anime
He uhhh, see's what he wants to see. :whistle:

• Haha
Reactions: thevoid089

A Common Crab

Dec 15, 2018
"Maybe" my ass, Jamie when in the room wearing simple clothes that show her body look obvious girly and have boobs yet CJ didn't even realized RIGHT UNDER HIS NOSE. My man CJ, you are an idiot and I feel like that mistaken will be painfully prolong for a while....just like in anime
"I may be stupid" - CJ.

This man became a literal JoJo but still has a mind emptier than my list of recent relationships. Just how the fuck does he manage that?

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
"I may be stupid" - CJ.

This man became a literal JoJo but still has a mind emptier than my list of recent relationships. Just how the fuck does he manage that?
Clearly takes after Joseph, not Jonathan.

I can give him my old glasses if my man needs them so bad lmao
Sadly it's not his eyes that don't work quite right...

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020

Thank you very much for the kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

The Vol. 1 beta is coming along quite well, so hopefully new chapters aren't too far down the road! I'll be putting test builds of all new stuff up on patreon way before the Vol. 2 release as well.

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
So I played this game last night, and I gotta say, I don't usually comment on games here (it's pretty much just this (now) and My New Family (that's a reccomendation btw)) but yeah. The writing has so far been excellent, the pacing is great too (going back over events from a different person's point of view is a great way of fleshing out those characters without jumping around too much and causing confusion). The animations, especially in C15 are pretty much spectacular, far smoother than anything I've seen done in koikatsu before, with a decent sense of action too.

That said, I do have a few (minor) problems with the game:
1.) During aforementioned animation in C15 CJ goes to hit the fox spirit and goes for an uppercut. If I'm remembering right, he just completely wiffs the hit, doesn't connect at all. The dialogue however says that the punch went through her iirc.

2.) Many people seem to pick up on the fact that CJ doesn't know about Jaime's situation cos he uses male pronouns for Jaime. But as far as I remember, Japanese doesn't have any gendered pronouns so this is a little strange (idrk how to fix this either, maybe have him call her little bro?)

3.) CJ commonly refers to Jaime using a certain slur which I don't even feel comfortable typing out (despite it being three letters long) and it just kinda feels uncessesary? (you could literally search-replace it with "dickhead" and it'd still fit imo)

But yeah, as I said, minor complaints. Don't take this as me saying that I don't like the game btw, I don't even bother commenting on things I don't like.

Those aside, I'm looking forward to seeing an actual mutual poly relationship in one of these games (it seems to be super rare for some reason)

Last edited:
Reactions: Story Anon

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
So I played this game last night, and I gotta say, I don't usually comment on games here (it's pretty much just this (now) and My New Family (that's a reccomendation btw)) but yeah. The writing has so far been excellent, the pacing is great too (going back over events from a different person's point of view is a great way of fleshing out those characters without jumping around too much and causing confusion). The animations, especially in C15 are pretty much spectacular, far smoother than anything I've seen done in koikatsu before, with a decent sense of action too.
Thanks for reading! Glad you enjoyed it!

That said, I do have a few (minor) problems with the game:
1.) During aforementioned animation in C15 CJ goes to hit the fox spirit and goes for an uppercut. If I'm remembering right, he just completely wiffs the hit, doesn't connect at all. The dialogue however says that the punch went through her iirc.
That's just me being an amateur animator, sorry ^^;

2.) Many people seem to pick up on the fact that CJ doesn't know about Jaime's situation cos he uses male pronouns for Jaime. But as far as I remember, Japanese doesn't have any gendered pronouns so this is a little strange (idrk how to fix this either, maybe have him call her little bro?)
This is a really good question! In almost all of his dialogue, CJ is speaking English as is almost anyone speaking to him.

3.) CJ commonly refers to Jaime using a certain slur which I don't even feel comfortable typing out (despite it being three letters long) and it just kinda feels uncessesary? (you could literally search-replace it with "dickhead" and it'd still fit imo)
It's crass and I agree that it's wrong to call anyone that word, but it serves the purpose of showing how CJ is completely oblivious to common decency. It's definitely not supposed to be "cool" or anything on his part.

But yeah, as I said, minor complaints. Don't take this as me saying that I don't like the game btw, I don't even bother commenting on things I don't like.

Those aside, I'm looking forward to seeing an actual mutual poly relationship in one of these games (it seems to be super rare for some reason)
Having now had to write a 8 person poly relationship, I can tell you why no one does it: It's really hard. :HideThePain:

If I didn't have 100 chapters to work with, I don't think I could convincingly write that sort of relationship. It's not just that you have to somehow get everyone to be okay with the situation, you also have to develop the social link between each and every member for it to make any sense. In this case with 8 people, that's 56 one on one relationships that need to be developed!

Reactions: alutarox

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
That's just me being an amateur animator, sorry ^^;
That's cool, as I said earlier, the animation is REALLY good, it's just that one sequence that I noticed.

This is a really good question! In almost all of his dialogue, CJ is speaking English as is almost anyone speaking to him.
*Facepalm* I forgot they mostly spoke in english cos of Theresa, that makes perfect sense now.

It's crass and I agree that it's wrong to call anyone that word, but it serves the purpose of showing how CJ is completely oblivious to common decency. It's definitely not supposed to be "cool" or anything on his part.
Yeah, I see where you're coming from, but my reaction to it is still "ugh, there's that word again" rather than actually associating it with CJ.

Having now had to write a 8 person poly relationship, I can tell you why no one does it: It's really hard. :HideThePain:

If I didn't have 100 chapters to work with, I don't think I could convincingly write that sort of relationship. It's not just that you have to somehow get everyone to be okay with the situation, you also have to develop the social link between each and every member for it to make any sense. In this case with 8 people, that's 56 one on one relationships that need to be developed!
Yeah, I know that feeling, I'm currently writing my own game that's gonna involve a lot of smaller poly relationships (3-4 people, including the MC) and even that's hard (hell, even working out WHO I'm gonna pair or trio up amongst the (currently) 15 LIs is hard), convincing the characters in question is probably harder for me than it will be for the MC.

Last edited:

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
oh, and it's not 56 one on ones, it's 28 (7 + 6 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1) so that's slightly easier! (unless you're counting relationships both ways i.e: CJ -> Jaime and Jaime -> CJ are 2)

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Yeah, I see where you're coming from, but my reaction to it is still "ugh, there's that word again" rather than actually associating it with CJ.
That's a perfectly valid response to seeing it, I'm definitely not trying to gloss over how ugly the word is (Even if CJ absolutely does).

Yeah, I know that feeling, I'm currently writing my own game that's gonna involve a lot of smaller poly relationships (3-4 people, including the MC) and even that's hard (hell, even working out WHO I'm gonna pair or trio up amongst the (currently) 15 LIs is hard), convincing the characters in question is probably harder for me than it will be for the MC.
Oof, the things we do for harems. :Kappa:

oh, and it's not 56 one on ones, it's 28 (7 + 6 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1) so that's slightly easier! (unless you're counting relationships both ways i.e: CJ -> Jaime and Jaime -> CJ are 2)
Uhhh shit.

Tboy

Apr 26, 2018
First of all sir how dare you, I came here to turn off my brain and look at boobs, not to suffer the whiplash of fu*king Chad Johnson Thundercock, the wholesomeness and the lsd, haven't finished it yet but now I don't want it to, I'm junkie running out of the good stufff. You also made me do two things I never do, read the story and not skip until the boobs, and turn on the music. My friend you better be responsible of the feels you giving me, and I even forgot what I downloaded the game for... oh right boobs.
(BTW Jaime is best girl(? does she identify as that I dunno this is a first)... Okay maybe all of them)

Also the music is fucking lit mah dude

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
Oof, the things we do for harems. :Kappa:
Yeah, it's tough too, cos I don't do much in the way of creative writing AND this is my first time using Ren'Py (thankfully Python is my "native" language (I learned to program in it) so it could be worse)

I've already made a load of compromises after playing a few other games here. I was originally gonna go for a VN/sandbox mix, but they seem to be almost universally disparaged (esp ones where the sandbox just adds optional events or collectables that aren't really important) so I decided to just go pure VN. I also removed an idea I had for a minigame cos I realised that it was pretty much pointless (could be done more easily and without losing anything by just representing it as choices)

Uhhh shit.
Maths fuckups happen to the best of us, but at least it's in your favour, imagine if you thought it was 14 and I just told you that you had to do twice the work you thought you had to!

(BTW Jaime is best girl(? does she identify as that I dunno this is a first)... Okay maybe all of them)
Jaime is indeed both biologically and identity-wise female, she only dresses and acts as a guy due to the conditions of her grandfather's will meaning that she must be raised as a "male" heir or forefeit the inheritance. The moment she inherits (in about 9 months from C1 start) she's planning on dropping the whole thing.

Reactions: Tboy and Story Anon

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
I've already made a load of compromises after playing a few other games here. I was originally gonna go for a VN/sandbox mix, but they seem to be almost universally disparaged (esp ones where the sandbox just adds optional events or collectables that aren't really important) so I decided to just go pure VN. I also removed an idea I had for a minigame cos I realised that it was pretty much pointless (could be done more easily and without losing anything by just representing it as choices)
I know the feeling. I wanted to increase player agency without just making the script a twisting, confusing branching story path that requires a codebook to get the ending you want. So I've been adding these adventure segments (the first seen in ch1 in the newest update) to give the player more opportunities to interact with the characters they like while also giving them the choice to essentially skip the small talk if they so desire.

Sandbox is super hard to do right, especially on one man projects.

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
I know the feeling. I wanted to increase player agency without just making the script a twisting, confusing branching story path that requires a codebook to get the ending you want. So I've been adding these adventure segments (the first seen in ch1 in the newest update) to give the player more opportunities to interact with the characters they like while also giving them the choice to essentially skip the small talk if they so desire.

Sandbox is super hard to do right, especially on one man projects.
Yeah, that section wasn't aimed at you or anything, think games like "My Real Desire" or "In For a Penny" where the sandboxes are literally just there to have you hunt for collectables that are mostly meaningless. I was planning on splitting my cast into "main" girls who would primarily interact with the MC during the main VN sections and "side" girls who would mostly be in optional sandbox events. Who was considered a "main" and "side" girl would change chapter by chapter though, cos I wanted to give them all attention. But I realised that this would just cripple the stories of anyone who was a "side" girl in earlier chapters for people who didn't bother with the sandbox.

Basically, if you're doing both (general case you, not you specifically SA), make sure that the sandbox content is interesting, but ultimately unimportant. Skipping the sandbox shouldn't cause problems either to the player or the PC, but engaging with it shouldn't be pointless.

Tboy

Apr 26, 2018
I got to chapter 15 and I guess gotta add freaking horror to the bingo "I was looking to master debate not this", also sailor moon I guess

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes