ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
fucking teasing Dev .. dammit i don't get my sister and then you get me .. err i mean my MC close to Violet .. then take that away from me ... i mean my MC .. fucking cock tease :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Story Anon

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
fucking teasing Dev .. dammit i don't get my sister and then you get me .. err i mean my MC close to Violet .. then take that away from me ... i mean my MC .. fucking cock tease :ROFLMAO:
Good to see you here too ImpD, you didn't come here cos of my recommendation, did you?

Also: good things come to those who wait.

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Yeah, that section wasn't aimed at you or anything, think games like "My Real Desire" or "In For a Penny" where the sandboxes are literally just there to have you hunt for collectables that are mostly meaningless. I was planning on splitting my cast into "main" girls who would primarily interact with the MC during the main VN sections and "side" girls who would mostly be in optional sandbox events. Who was considered a "main" and "side" girl would change chapter by chapter though, cos I wanted to give them all attention. But I realised that this would just cripple the stories of anyone who was a "side" girl in earlier chapters for people who didn't bother with the sandbox.

Basically, if you're doing both (general case you, not you specifically SA), make sure that the sandbox content is interesting, but ultimately unimportant. Skipping the sandbox shouldn't cause problems either to the player or the PC, but engaging with it shouldn't be pointless.
Oh totally, don't worry I got what you meant. Yeah a big problem with sandboxes is that people kinda forget to fill them with sand and toys.

The way my adventure segments are set up currently is that eventually they'll be used to jump into side routes and girl specific "quests" (I hate that term). They'll be timegated with what chapter of the main story you're on but you shouldn't ever be cut off from starting a girls side route because you're too far along in the story.

If you take chapter 1 for example, I also want to use it as an opportunity to be able to literally walk around with a girl and just talk with her. It'll be a ton of writing but it'll let you interact with your chosen waifu(s) to your hearts content.

I got to chapter 15 and I guess gotta add freaking horror to the bingo "I was looking to master debate not this", also sailor moon I guess
You couldn't tie me to one genre even if you handcuffed me to it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Have faith and you shall be rewarded.

Tboy

Apr 26, 2018
Okay the feelins are now coming...
The last chapter was fucking awesome and I hope to see more of it, anywhere I can keep up with updates?

Also the music is top tier, have playlist with them?

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Okay the feelins are now coming...
The last chapter was fucking awesome and I hope to see more of it, anywhere I can keep up with updates?

Also the music is top tier, have playlist with them?
Glad you enjoyed it! Sarah has had a hard life. :cry:

You can keep up with development either on or my !

And yes I have a for the whole soundtrack.

ARHunt

Dec 7, 2019
Wtf is this. I thought i was going to fap. Not crying.
Never been a fan of multiple protagonist, but i guess it's necessary? I skip most with female protag. Not gonna lie, mc dumbasses is sometimes irritated me, but i love to see his development. Gonna have to replay tho, since i skip most female protag part. But i love it.

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android v0.9.1 APK
P/s: Request Link Android Game at my

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
I was planning on splitting my cast into "main" girls who would primarily interact with the MC during the main VN sections and "side" girls who would mostly be in optional sandbox events.
I see a problem with your approach of main and side girls, as a Dev, you can write a game like that but that can also be a problem because, in the end, it's the player who decides which girl is his favourite. You yourself gave earlier a recommendation for a game that does that, and while I like that game at this point I would like much more content with the "side girls" but it's unlikely because the Dev has a clear split between main and side girls.

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
I see a problem with your approach of main and side girls, as a Dev, you can write a game like that but that can also be a problem because, in the end, it's the player who decides which girl is his favourite. You yourself gave earlier a recommendation for a game that does that, and while I like that game at this point I would like much more content with the "side girls" but it's unlikely because the Dev has a clear split between main and side girls.
As I said earlier, that was an idea I scrapped. Though there are still vestiges of it in the current design. The idea was never to have the "main" and "side" girls be static, rather chapter-by-chapter which girls were in each group would change. The current way I have it has each chapter focusing on one group, with a secondary group getting less focus and the rest of the cast being more background (though not ignored). The primary and secondary groups are quite small (at most 4 characters, usually 3), this is to help each chapter keep its focus and not devolve into a busy mess. It's just not feasable for a writer to give every character equal focus at all times as this'll just lead to every character feeling neglected.

For example, my game is set in a school (yay, original settings!) and the three primary characters for chapter one are your three dorm-mates (the school dorms are split into groups of four rooms) and the secondary characters are your three teachers. The focus of C1 will be getting to know your dorm group and probably hooking up with at least one of them. That said, the teachers are super important too, just less so than the dorm-mates. Solving their problems and getting to know them will be happening too. Also, there are seven other girls in your class who will be around and doing stuff too, but it's not the focus of C1.

In C2 the primary group will change (probably involving one teacher in particular and two of the other students) whereas one of the C1 primary girls will be moved to secondary and two of the tertiary classmates will be moved up into that group too.

I really do want to focus on every character. But doing so without losing pacing or any sense of progress is hard.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: HansDampf788

cyda

Mar 5, 2020
What an absolutely beautiful story. Incredible writing, Story Anon you really have some skill. The themes were heavy but not forcibly so, they felt believable and the later chapters gave me so many chills. I really really hope there is more to come. I haven't read through such a magnificent story, let alone a Ren'Py game, in a very long time. Keep up the wholesome vibes, man!

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
My ranking of the ladies as of the latest update:
1- Teresa
2- Jamie (especially long-haired Jamie)
3- Sarah
4- Ashley AKA Kouhai
5- Leah (the kleptomania and the smoking are a real turn off, otherwise she would be at 3)
6- Victoria (again the klep and smoking are a no go)
7- Kieran (I hope she didn't do what I think she did to stalker-chan)

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
My ranking of the ladies as of the latest update:
1- Teresa
2- Jamie (especially long-haired Jamie)
3- Sarah
4- Ashley AKA Kouhai
5- Leah (the kleptomania and the smoking are a real turn off, otherwise she would be at 3)
6- Victoria (again the klep and smoking are a no go)
7- Kieran (I hope she didn't do what I think she did to stalker-chan)
A rare Teresa #1, very interesting. She's underrated as hell imho, and she'll be a lot more plot relevant in the very near future along with...well everyone else.

Reactions: Bucketbot89

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
A rare Teresa #1, very interesting. She's underrated as hell imho, and she'll be a lot more plot relevant in the very near future along with...well everyone else.
I'm a sucker for the shy, quiet types with long, dark hair. Not to mention she's family oriented.
She got me with this

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
I'm a sucker for the shy, quiet types with long, dark hair. Not to mention she's family oriented.
She got me with this
She's a very good girl, one with her own weaknesses but she and Ashley are very purposefully in their own category apart from Leah/Vic.

She was actually the last girl to be put into the cast, I just liked her design so much I couldn't leave her out.

Reactions: Bucketbot89

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
Yes, imagine forgetting that Teresa exists, and therefore forgetting part of the group dynamic. Who could do such a thing?

*points shamefully at self*

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes