Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Is anyone else have trouble with the characters "blinking" in between their transitions? It's like if you were editing film and you accidently left in a black frame between transitions.

And clicking on "Auto" somehow makes it covered by a white box. I don't THINK my computer is fucked. IDK View attachment 1796082
Shoot I think that sprite behavior was fixed before and snuck its way back in from a dev patch.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
For a lousy 10k you'll perform an appendicktome on poor Jamie, but you won't give honest fans some well-earned relaxation?

Shame on you, sir. Shame.
We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are hard.

We shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and success of good narratives.

-some president without a head or whatever.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: buff

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Shoot I think that sprite behavior was fixed before and snuck its way back in from a dev patch.
I thought that was a feature of unity builds in general. I think it was always a thing for me. The first time I noticed it was when Aine and Jamie was talking in dormitory and I could see something in a background behind Aine's sprite. I thought at first that it was some avangard way of showing what characters were thinking about during conversations.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
I thought that was a feature of unity builds in general. I think it was always a thing for me. The first time I noticed it was when Aine and Jamie was talking in dormitory and I could see something in a background behind Aine's sprite. I thought at first that it was some avangard way of showing what characters were thinking about during conversations.
It’s funny because it drives Snow up the fucking wall, he hates the sprites doing that. Definitely getting permanently changed at some point.

Reactions: akselx

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
I tried to fit the entire emotional range of OoT into the first 30 minutes or so. For better or worse, you'll know what you're getting yourself into.
Well, I can't say you didn't suceed in putting a whole range in there, lol. But I am having a lot of fun so far, it's certainly unique and it's clear you put a lot of effort in it!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Story Anon

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
Lol
Noone:
Narrator pointing at the main character:
Look at this idiot.
This utter buffoon.
This brainless himbo.
This absolute brainlet.
Have I mentioned that he's dumb yet?

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Lol
Noone:
Narrator pointing at the main character:
Look at this idiot.
This utter buffoon.
This brainless himbo.
This absolute brainlet.
Have I mentioned that he's dumb yet?
Don't forget he literally has no internal monologue until after Chapter 9 :WeSmart: .

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
I tried to fit the entire emotional range of OoT into the first 30 minutes or so. For better or worse, you'll know what you're getting yourself into.
That's a pretty good pitch to keep in mind.

Not that I regularly pitch adult games to my friends... >_>

• Haha

Blaub

Aug 20, 2018
At first I did not get that the Thundercock power beam was real, and assumed he just suffered heatstroke at the beach and is imagining everything lmao

david makai

Apr 29, 2022
I'm not gonna say that's how the story should end, but Newhart and St. Elsewhere were both 80s classics...

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
At first I did not get that the Thundercock power beam was real, and assumed he just suffered heatstroke at the beach and is imagining everything lmao
Which is a totally fair take.

The importance of the scene is that it tells you that the game is going to be playing some absolutely absurd premises completely straight and that while you and I both know it's a joke, to the characters it's entirely serious. Almost everything that comes after that is much more easily accepted because well, it may be weird but it's not Chad Thundercock in the clouds weird.

I'm not gonna say that's how the story should end, but Newhart and St. Elsewhere were both 80s classics...
Jamie did talk about becoming a doctor in her second side story...

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
I actually agree that it’s left a little vague in the previous build, but in the 1.0 release I tried to give it a little more attention in the new Ch7 content.
Want to give some feedback here
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also I have to say not a big fan of the slurs being dropped. I think I get what you are going for. That CJ has some homophobia that he needs to deal with both in general and as he interacts with one particular character. But I think it overshoots that by a lot. That already gets conveyed by his more casual homophobia and heteronormativity in some scenes. The slurs just feel out of character. There's a vast difference between casual homophobia and dropping slurs. He gets portrayed as such an empathetic guy that it not only feels weird for him to be dropping slurs like that, but its also weird how none of his friends would say anything about him doing it.

Last edited:

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
Want to give some feedback here

Also I have to say not a big fan of the slurs being dropped. I think I get what you are going for. That CJ has some homophobia that he needs to deal with both in general and as he interacts with one particular character. But I think it overshoots that by a lot. That already gets conveyed by his more casual homophobia and heteronormativity in some scenes. The slurs just feel out of character. There's a vast difference between casual homophobia and dropping slurs. He gets portrayed as such an empathetic guy that it not only feels weird for him to be dropping slurs like that, but its also weird how none of his friends would say anything about him doing it.
I get the feeling that this can go one of two ways:

As for the slurs thing, that's already been debated here, and the conclusion seems to be that it's more of a sign of how close he is with his friends that he can say something so naturally hurtful and his friends know he doesn't mean anything by it. Not the best defence, but there it is.

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes