Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Can you people please stop making stupid MC's? I know it's too late for this project, but maybe in the future you'd consider it.

And by stupid I obviously mean, "so dumb he can't tell one of his best friends is a girl." stupid.

• Angry
Reactions: BlackPinkX

Redemyr

Mar 19, 2018
I feel like the above person never played Stains Gate... and for those who did, you know how easy it is to make that mistake...

References aside, it is a common thing in japanese media to have chracters asume other characters' gender wrong.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
I feel like the above person never played Stains Gate...
You would be correct. I still don't get the attraction to stupid hapless MC's.
Wait, have you really been complaining in this thread for 10 months without getting past the first 30 minutes :HideThePain:
No, I played it before up to where there's a cliffhanger/Victoria(?) dies or something. But it's been a long time. Switched PC's since then, didn't have any saves. Took a fresh swing at the game to see it left any different impressions. Was curious about these types of MC's, asked legit questions, got snark. Still don't know why people like these types of MC's.

Maybe somebody will explain it, maybe they won't. Who knows? Not the end of the world or anything, just was bored so I thought I'd ask.

shrug 2 gif.gif

• Angry

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
You would be correct. I still don't get the attraction to stupid hapless MC's.

No, I played it before up to where there's a cliffhanger/Victoria(?) dies or something. But it's been a long time. Switched PC's since then, didn't have any saves. Took a fresh swing at the game to see it left any different impressions. Was curious about these types of MC's, asked legit questions, got snark. Still don't know why people like these types of MC's.

Maybe somebody will explain it, maybe they won't. Who knows? Not the end of the world or anything, just was bored so I thought I'd ask.

View attachment 1934808
I don't get it, why would you clearly post facetious stuff like this, literally opening by calling the whole premise cringe:
1658283596894.png

And then get your feelings hurt when you get gently ribbed?

You're not some entitled white woman at Walmart. I'm not the store manager. If you can't take it, don't start it.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
I don't get it, why would you clearly post facetious stuff like this, literally opening by calling the whole premise cringe:
View attachment 1934809

And then get your feelings hurt when you get gently ribbed?

You're not some entitled white woman at Walmart. I'm not the store manager. If you can't take it, don't start it.
I still haven't had it explained to me how what I said was inaccurate. He's dumb if he can't tell she's a girl and it's implausible that nobody in his circle of friends has explained it to him that she's a girl. Where am I wrong in this assessment?

My fee fee's aren't hurt, nobody's hurled insults at anyone. I'm discussing a character, not your character or mine.

And to be entitled, I'd have had to demand some kind of response. I haven't. Nobody has to discuss anything with me if they don't wanna.

• Angry

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
He's dumb if he can't tell she's a girl and it's implausible that nobody in his circle of friends has explained it to him that she's a girl. Where am I wrong in this assessment?
Did you miss the part where Jamie is legally a male because of Hayato and that the school faculty treat her like a male?

The CJ-Jamie situation in OoT is resolved in a matter of days from when CJ returns, as no one realized it was a problem when they were kids and nobody wanted to have the awkward talk unprovoked. It's over and done with pretty quickly.

My fee fee's aren't hurt, nobody's hurled insults at anyone. I'm discussing a character, not your character or mine.
What's the point in backpedaling here?
You made a facetious shitpost, got trolled back and you immediately went into "Oh no snark, i WaS jUsT aSkInG a QuEsTiOn"

I'd really respect the schizoposting if you didn't try and play the victim after. Have some dignity.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Did you miss the part where Jamie is legally a male because of Hayato and that the school faculty treat her like a male?

The CJ-Jamie situation in OoT is resolved in a matter of days from when CJ returns, as no one realized it was a problem when they were kids and nobody wanted to have the awkward talk unprovoked. It's over and done with pretty quickly.

You made a facetious shitpost, got trolled back and you immediately went into "Oh no snark, i WaS jUsT aSkInG a QuEsTiOn"

I'd really respect the schizoposting if you didn't try and play the victim after. Have some dignity.
It clearly states that the *only* person who doesn't know Jamie is a girl in their group is the MC. Right in my first post where I screen shot the game. That's despite Jamie being legally anything.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021

I'm no victim. I got a little bit of snark because I thought the MC was too dumb and implausible. But it's not the end of the world.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
It clearly states that the *only* person who doesn't know Jamie is a girl in their group is the MC. Right in my first post where I screen shot the game. That's despite Jamie being legally anything.
He believes her because that's what literally everyone has told him.
>But that means he's stupid!
That means its a throwaway joke that you're reading way too much into.
Jamie pretending to be a guy was always a segway into Hayato being a villain, not the running joke with CJ.

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
He believes her because that's what literally everyone has told him.
>But that means he's stupid!
That means its a throwaway joke that you're reading way too much into.
Jamie pretending to be a guy was always a segway into Hayato being a villain, not the running joke with CJ.
Why would everyone tell him she's a guy? It literally states that the only person it mattered to was the senile grandfather, it was not a secret to the group of friends.

Idk, if I was hanging around a group of friends for a long time and I kept calling one of them "dude" when they're not a dude I'd expect my other friends to correct me. Unless it was some big important secret, which apparently it wasn't.

Even MC's "sister" thinks he's dumb when they fly back and greet everybody and she's being introduced to the old crew. She can tell right away Jamie is a girl, and even she won't bother to correct him.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Why would everyone tell him she's a guy? It literally states that the only person it mattered to was the senile grandfather, it was not a secret to the group of friends.
Everyone in public does pretend Jamie is a male for her sake. Jamie and her parents thought it mattered a great deal for her inheritance, and they didn't want the fact of her being a female to be a widespread rumor. That's it.

Idk, if I was hanging around a group of friends for a long time and I kept calling one of them "dude" when they're not a dude I'd expect my other friends to correct me. Unless it was some big important secret, which apparently it wasn't.
Jamie herself explains this, she was extremely self conscious about it as a kid and thought CJ was just being extra nice. When he still did it 5 years later, she realizes it wasn't just politeness and 7 days later, she tells him the truth. That's it.

Nobody has been deliberately lying to CJ for years.

Even MC's "sister" thinks he's dumb when they fly back and greet everybody and she's being introduced to the old crew. She can tell right away Jamie is a girl, and even she won't bother to correct him.
Because Jamie explicitly tells her not to, under the assumption that Jamie is going to talk to him about it herself eventually.

Which is exactly what happens in Ch22.

Reactions: jamesonwulf

Dec 22, 2018
I have just started playing this game for about an hour or 2 and really enjoy it so far, my only problem with this game is that I like the pre-time skip design more(not a glasses guy) other than that this is a 10/10 game for me.

Reactions: Story Anon

sigvar

Sep 5, 2021
Wow, this one has an amazing amount of content and story right now. The ecchi scenes are not very frequent, but the build up makes them almost more satisfying in a way. And they are accelerating in a way that makes sense with the story.

I wish there was a good way to tag these games based on the story content amount. This one would rank pretty high up there. I also like that the implementation in Unity seems to work a little like Renpy. Scroll up roll back being a big one.

All in all a really good game and I am anxious to see more.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
I have just started playing this game for about an hour or 2 and really enjoy it so far, my only problem with this game is that I like the pre-time skip design more(not a glasses guy) other than that this is a 10/10 game for me.
Wow, this one has an amazing amount of content and story right now. The ecchi scenes are not very frequent, but the build up makes them almost more satisfying in a way. And they are accelerating in a way that makes sense with the story.

I wish there was a good way to tag these games based on the story content amount. This one would rank pretty high up there. I also like that the implementation in Unity seems to work a little like Renpy. Scroll up roll back being a big one.

All in all a really good game and I am anxious to see more.
Thank you! Glad you've enjoyed it so far!

I just started, and the tonal whiplash of that dad reveal is greatest thing I have ever experienced
You've made it past the great filter. All will be well.

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes