evaw

Feb 5, 2021
I sure wonder why the F95 mods gave us the animation tag :unsure:

If you scooped the cum out of your brain you could have put two and two together, instead I look forward to whatever copium you back peddle to and however many :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: you feel like spamming.
Cause you have 3 "video" in game :unsure: - just downloaded a game & save - open few scenes - it not animated or wtf you about?

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Cause you have 3 "video" in game :unsure: - just downloaded a game & save - open few scenes - it not animated or wtf you about?
What do you think animations are except videos? Do you think whatever Ren’py gobbo trash pile you crawled out of is rendering animations in front of you?
Did someone airdrop a laptop into the middle of the Amazon? Does someone need to explain to you how any of this stuff works?

• Haha
Reactions: Bingoogus

evaw

Feb 5, 2021
What do you think animations are except videos? Do you think whatever Ren’py gobbo trash pile you crawled out of is rendering animations in front of you?
Did someone airdrop a laptop into the middle of the Amazon? Does someone need to explain to you how any of this stuff works?
Yep - just removing this Ren’py trash.:rolleyes:

swelldude

Feb 7, 2020
This "the male character is a happy moron" trope has to end. CJ is more annoying than (I assume) the intended goal of lovable comic relief. It makes the harem aspect completely unbelievable, even if it is fantasy. You play as CJ for the first part of the game, then flip to Jamie? I didn't get any further than that as CJ was too stupid for me to enjoy the game any further.

There is a vast difference between clueless thick head (the typical Japanese anime approach) and a moron.

I wish the author luck, but I'll be moving on.

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
This "the male character is a happy moron" trope has to end. CJ is more annoying than (I assume) the intended goal of lovable comic relief. It makes the harem aspect completely unbelievable, even if it is fantasy. You play as CJ for the first part of the game, then flip to Jamie? I didn't get any further than that as CJ was too stupid for me to enjoy the game any further.

There is a vast difference between clueless thick head (the typical Japanese anime approach) and a moron.
You got 35 minutes into a 30 hour game (Literally 15 seconds after the title first shows up) and got so asshurt by the lack of power fantasy that you decided to make some big sweeping statement like "This 'the male character is a happy moron' trope has to end." when you're the guy with a private profile unable to take a joke.

I wish the author luck, but I'll be moving on.
I hope you do. Please go back to My Second Family.

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
This "the male character is a happy moron" trope has to end. (I assume) the intended goal of lovable comic relief.
Personally, it's one of my favorite things about OoT. CJ becomes a brain-dead harem protagonist as a coping mechanism from his past trauma. As someone who hates the harem genre, that strikes a perfect note. Aside from that, CJ's character and the way it's constructed has a lot of interesting play when contrasted with the various characters and their dilemmas. There's weight when he acts with forbearance, there's the charm of him cutting to the heart of matters in simple and affecting ways, and there's an intelligent contrast with his younger, more sensitive self.

This game does a lot of interesting, thoughtful things with the trope of idiotic harem protagonist in my opinion and it sounds like you didn't get very far into it to see them. Which is fair, not every game can resonate with any given person, but I would probably not go announcing my decision to drop a game as if it's some sort of revelation.

Shadowmine

Jun 4, 2018
That, and the MC's intelligence grows steadily through the chapters. He's actually reasonably bright by the 30s. The reason why hasn't been explained yet, but it's clearly deliberate.
I am inclined to believe that CJ has never been stupid. He just has a different type of emotional intelligence. And he is bearing the burden of multiple individuals while enduring the traumatic experiences from their adventures. So I do not disagree with you, I just believe it is more "acceptance" than "growing intelligence". To be fair, he has guidance in form of several other characters at the same time.

buff

May 29, 2017
I am inclined to believe that CJ has never been stupid. He just has a different type of emotional intelligence.
Emotional intelligence is a concept invented by smart people to sell shit to dumb people.

No question that he's very empathetic and really, really good with people. But that's not an IQ thing. His actual brainpower is definitely on the climb. I think it's a function of his shard healing or absorbing bonds or some other supernatural fuckery <waves hands>

• Haha
Reactions: TD1900

Shadowmine

Jun 4, 2018
I hate to break any illusions you had about your own reading comprehension, but OoT is in unity not Ren'Py.
Friendly tip you can tell by the giant UNITY label at the top of the page :giggle:
Why did you tell them? It was supposed to be a surprise.

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes