DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
Leah is very interesting. She's a very compelling character, but also for me one of the hardest to understand. At least she's one of the hardest to understand without conscious effort and thought. She is the most traditionally Japanese character both by upbringing and by her ethnic heritage (She's almost full Japanese with some Chinese ancestry while most of the cast is between 1/4 and 1/2 non-japanese, usually with the other being western/white). She's been raised in a strict traditional household to be obedient and polite, all while training herself to suppress her rebelliousness and rage. She lies as naturally as breathing. She always keeps her mask up, even around her closest friends. She's absolutely the character whose experience is least similar to my own experience growing up, and that means that the way she reacts to situations and her instincts are the absolute farthest from my own. And so the drama in her arc largely revolves around her own inability to trust herself, to let down her guard about how she's really feeling and show vulnerability, and to actually allow herself to rebel against her mother against an entire lifetime of suppressing that urge (rebelling in ways that were "safe" or indirect). So her arc can be incredibly frustrating from the perspective of the reader because we know there's an obvious solution from her. "Gosh this drama would be so easy to resolve if she just did the obvious thing." But like, for her, its not. Its hard. And when you think about it, it feels earned, justified. Its not just another low effort drama plotline caused by people not talking honestly to each other.
Leah's arc is probably best swallowed as a whole than by parts. I did that and I can see how most probably felt through the updates.
I agree with a lot of your take, but one thing I want to add: Is how self aware she is. Her problems are obvious and easy to solve in her position, and she bloody knows it. She can legit just let Jaime send her to study overseas and then take a position in her company.
Through the chapters all her friends are settled on nthe issue, to the point Jaime points it out and how she "wants to be done with this marriage issue so they can focus on saving the world"
Leah almost breaks down then and there because she knows the stakes. She knows a bloody Goddess can tear through her torso at any moment, and do the same to the rest of the world, and only her friend group can solve that.

I like that she also feels guilty over it, and that's also why she kind of tries to distance herself from the group at times, thinking she's the problem and she's dragging them down with her (again, despite them being settled on the solution)

I just thought this when writing this post, but this is also when she learned why Vic's dad's on jail.
Once again, "bigger problems" are right in front of her, and she can't bring herself to solve her "tiny" problems.
Dunno how to put it into words, but she has a sort of need to be on top, but at the same time, feels impotent and puts herself down a lot of the time.

Tbh, CJ honored his name whenever he came up to help her. Gotta love the girl, and man does what he gotta do alright.

EDIT: Thank bros for the tip, I was thinking 1 GB was a lot for a part 2 update, so now it makes sense!

Last edited:

soyuyuka

Oct 4, 2018
EDIT: Thank bros for the tip, I was thinking 1 GB was a lot for a part 2 update, so now it makes sense!
It also contains updated music with normalized loudness (and some fixes), improved 1080p volume 3 trailer, prologue and ch39 p2. And it's also now 1080p because patrons voted to make 1080p build public, which is why main dl went from 5.5GB to 7.5GB.

asmrfan23

May 21, 2018
It also contains updated music with normalized loudness (and some fixes), improved 1080p volume 3 trailer, prologue and ch39 p2. And it's also now 1080p because patrons voted to make 1080p build public, which is why main dl went from 5.5GB to 7.5GB.
CRO'LOGUE! CRO'LOGUE! CRO'LOGUE! CRO'LOGUE! CRO'LOGUE! CRO'LOGUE! CRO'LOGUE! CRO'LOGUE! CRO'LOGUE! CRO'LOGUE! CRO'LOGUE! CRO'LOGUE! CRO'LOGUE! CRO'LOGUE! CRO'LOGUE! CRO'LOGUE! CRO'LOGUE! CRO'LOGUE! CRO'LOGUE!.... i'm not biased you are biased.

soyuyuka

Oct 4, 2018
sorry to bother you but I had to reinstall windows for my laptop because of a virus, and I can't find the post you did that answered the save question for me
Attached 100% save. Just don't open gallery until you complete it because it's fully unlocked. One save per chapter.

Reactions: Androm3dus

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
OutOfTouch-2.70.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: Androm3dus
Sep 13, 2019
This game is absolutely amazing and even though I didn't really like the beginning as much as I was expecting, I fell absolutely in love with this game. Unfortunately for me, If I could stand waiting longer for updates I would wait for several updates to pass to get up to date, but this game is too good to wait on, so I'm going be back every update guaranteed. Keep up the good work I love all the characters and i wish I could have them all as my fan signature.

slothen29

Aug 26, 2020

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Leah's arc. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Leah's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation- her personal philosophy draws heavily from Imperial Chinese literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Leah's arc truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Leah's existential catchphrase "I hate my life" which itself is a cryptic reference to Luo Guanzhong's Chinese epic Historical novel The Romance of the three kingdoms. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Story Anon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. And yes, by the way, I DO have a Leah tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

/s
I dont think I did anything to deserve such brutality.

Essecks

Sep 1, 2018
There are only a couple of games that I actually get excited for when I see it pop up in Latest Updates. This is one of them because the updates are always meanginful and Story Anon just doesn't miss.

Bomarzo_

Sep 25, 2017
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Leah's arc. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Leah's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation- her personal philosophy draws heavily from Imperial Chinese literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Leah's arc truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Leah's existential catchphrase "I hate my life" which itself is a cryptic reference to Luo Guanzhong's Chinese epic Historical novel The Romance of the three kingdoms. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Story Anon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. And yes, by the way, I DO have a Leah tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

/s
this but unironically

Luka11

Feb 18, 2018
Can somone help me ? After chapter 38 end i have like main menu screen and i can see only dialog ... i guess is problem with images . i downoald update i install it like always, can you give me some clue what i can do ?

Okey i check it and im missing images script from chapter 39 from image 1 to 122 but still idk why xD

Last edited:

soyuyuka

Oct 4, 2018
Can somone help me ? After chapter 38 end i have like main menu screen and i can see only dialog ... i guess is problem with images . i downoald update i install it like always, can you give me some clue what i can do ?

Okey i check it and im missing images script from chapter 39 from image 1 to 122 but still idk why xD
Because you missed 2 updates. Prologue update was included because it was out of schedule update a week before actual update but you missed normal monthly update as well - ch39 p1. When you miss monthly update you have to do full download.

thegeo

Aug 10, 2017
Really like the new prologue, a lot less guesswork going on now without having to play for 10+ hours before figuring out what the hell is even remotely going on.

The sex scene with cro is the only thing im kind of undecided on how I feel, because on one hand it makes more sense with the most recent chapters, but I cant help but feel it kind of reduced the 'threat' level of Cro and kind of downplays the horrible shit she did behind the scenes. Overall still feel like it is a very big step up, and of course the voiced Thundercock is amazing

portiamento

Jan 5, 2021
Hi before downloading (8.3 gb) just wanna know a bit about the mc, is he a strong guy with no emotion, or weak but cunning and slightly evil or a wimpy boy who being pushed around by girls, or maybe something else?

thegeo

Aug 10, 2017
Hi before downloading (8.3 gb) just wanna know a bit about the mc, is he a strong guy with no emotion, or weak but cunning and slightly evil or a wimpy boy who being pushed around by girls, or maybe something else?
More of a loveable doofus who can get serious when the time calls for it. Check out TD1900's review of the game on page2 of the reviews if you want a very accurate description of what you are getting into with this game

Reactions: ElukiaTV
4.60 star(s) 228 Votes