MangoTree

Apr 27, 2017
Leah's arc has been interesting so far, the readers kind of stuck in her head and her personality shines through her thought process. It makes her unique now, but its also kind of frustrating cause all I'm thinking is "talk to vickie!", "explain everything!", "it'll be okay, just talk to your friends!" lol.

I'm in chapter 33 now, which chapter does her arc conclude? want to space my time out per chapter. [no spoilers please, just the chapter].

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
Leah's arc has been interesting so far, the readers kind of stuck in her head and her personality shines through her thought process. It makes her unique now, but its also kind of frustrating cause all I'm thinking is "talk to vickie!", "explain everything!", "it'll be okay, just talk to your friends!" lol.

I'm in chapter 33 now, which chapter does her arc conclude? want to space my time out per chapter. [no spoilers please, just the chapter].
37 is the official end of her arc

Reactions: MangoTree

slothen29

Aug 26, 2020

Leah is very interesting. She's a very compelling character, but also for me one of the hardest to understand. At least she's one of the hardest to understand without conscious effort and thought. She is the most traditionally Japanese character both by upbringing and by her ethnic heritage (She's almost full Japanese with some Chinese ancestry while most of the cast is between 1/4 and 1/2 non-japanese, usually with the other being western/white). She's been raised in a strict traditional household to be obedient and polite, all while training herself to suppress her rebelliousness and rage. She lies as naturally as breathing. She always keeps her mask up, even around her closest friends. She's absolutely the character whose experience is least similar to my own experience growing up, and that means that the way she reacts to situations and her instincts are the absolute farthest from my own. And so the drama in her arc largely revolves around her own inability to trust herself, to let down her guard about how she's really feeling and show vulnerability, and to actually allow herself to rebel against her mother against an entire lifetime of suppressing that urge (rebelling in ways that were "safe" or indirect). So her arc can be incredibly frustrating from the perspective of the reader because we know there's an obvious solution from her. "Gosh this drama would be so easy to resolve if she just did the obvious thing." But like, for her, its not. Its hard. And when you think about it, it feels earned, justified. Its not just another low effort drama plotline caused by people not talking honestly to each other.

slothen29

Aug 26, 2020
I've had problems with unity games in the past not running in M1 macs. Does this one runs? 7GB is a bit too much for just a download and try lol
Thanks to anyone who can provide an answer.
my 2019 macbook pro runs it just fine, although i don't have that processor. My OS is 12.1

Reactions: RandomCl

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
My impression of Leah's story is also that she doesn't trust the ways out of her situation because she is used to her environment being one big nest of vipers where you can't really trust anyone accordingly she has interpreted every offer as a "poisoned pawn" to use a chess term. From there, I don't find it surprising that she causes most of her own drama and seems authentic to me and is not drama for drama's sake.

asmrfan23

May 21, 2018
so there is no gallery right?
There is a gallery now in the Extras button and it should unlock every scene that you've seen. If you're having issues feel free to join the disc and ask questions/bring up your situation

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
It's been a long while since I checked in on this game. Has the combat been implemented yet or is that still WIP. I really wanna play this game again but I didnt want to skip the combat parts. As flakey as the combat section was in the renpy version it really stuck out to me and made the chapter even better. It was like climax I knew was coming but it was so much better than I could have expected. So I decided to wait when the game was redone in unity.

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
Leah is very interesting. She's a very compelling character, but also for me one of the hardest to understand. At least she's one of the hardest to understand without conscious effort and thought. She is the most traditionally Japanese character both by upbringing and by her ethnic heritage (She's almost full Japanese with some Chinese ancestry while most of the cast is between 1/4 and 1/2 non-japanese, usually with the other being western/white). She's been raised in a strict traditional household to be obedient and polite, all while training herself to suppress her rebelliousness and rage. She lies as naturally as breathing. She always keeps her mask up, even around her closest friends. She's absolutely the character whose experience is least similar to my own experience growing up, and that means that the way she reacts to situations and her instincts are the absolute farthest from my own. And so the drama in her arc largely revolves around her own inability to trust herself, to let down her guard about how she's really feeling and show vulnerability, and to actually allow herself to rebel against her mother against an entire lifetime of suppressing that urge (rebelling in ways that were "safe" or indirect). So her arc can be incredibly frustrating from the perspective of the reader because we know there's an obvious solution from her. "Gosh this drama would be so easy to resolve if she just did the obvious thing." But like, for her, its not. Its hard. And when you think about it, it feels earned, justified. Its not just another low effort drama plotline caused by people not talking honestly to each other.
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Leah's arc. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Leah's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation- her personal philosophy draws heavily from Imperial Chinese literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Leah's arc truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Leah's existential catchphrase "I hate my life" which itself is a cryptic reference to Luo Guanzhong's Chinese epic Historical novel The Romance of the three kingdoms. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Story Anon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. And yes, by the way, I DO have a Leah tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

/s

Last edited:

soyuyuka

Oct 4, 2018
It's been a long while since I checked in on this game. Has the combat been implemented yet or is that still WIP. I really wanna play this game again but I didnt want to skip the combat parts. As flakey as the combat section was in the renpy version it really stuck out to me and made the chapter even better. It was like climax I knew was coming but it was so much better than I could have expected. So I decided to wait when the game was redone in unity.
Combat in current build is still old WIP but it should work much better than in ren'py version I think (I never saw renpy version and I fixed most bugs with current combat version). But it's being redone with new pixel art style and when it's ready it's going to be retroactively added to previous chapters.

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
The combat is still a WIP that's made heavy progress based on chat in the discord, There's still the one original fight in the Unity version but it hasn't been completely implemented yet.
If you've left it that long then I'd 100% recommend playing the current build though, that fight is now about 15% into the current build so there's been a lot of content since then.

Reactions: asmrfan23

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
sorry to bother you but I had to reinstall windows for my laptop because of a virus, and I can't find the post you did that answered the save question for me
There are saves and a gallery persistence file unlocker floating around. I have them pinned in our discord server, not sure where they are in the thread itself.

Game is not installing properly in Android does anyone know how to do it right.
Remember you have to open each assetpackage apk after you download it and hit install. Just installing the .apk to your phone won't do it, you have to go inside and hit the button.

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
Question: Last updatge I downloaded was the part 1 of the most recent chapter (From T's POV)
I didn't download the revamped prologue, how do I get the update only for that?

Otherwise, I may have to download the whole game again, and those are 7 gigas.

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Question: Last updatge I downloaded was the part 1 of the most recent chapter (From T's POV)

If you have Ch39p1, you can just use the Update Only download in the OP and you'll get the new prologue and Ch39p2.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DrFree

soyuyuka

Oct 4, 2018

It was included in ch39 p2 update because it came out only a week after prologue update.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DrFree
4.60 star(s) 228 Votes