Jan 21, 2023
Yeah I had seen stuff for Out of Touch already, but I subscribe to PC's patreon and they gave it a shout out on there recently. Definitely made me think about taking a second look. The sample renders for OoT look beautiful and unique, so I love that. If the writing gets a pass from PC that's also great. Just no anal after 32 hours is a bit dissapointing to me mostly because it sounds like risking getting too vanilla and cutesy to me.

Thoughts on that though? On a scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being crazy animopron anal madness and 1 being vaginal missionary sex, what would you guys rate the kinkiness of this game? I would consider pale carnations thus far to be like a 7. The events are hardcore, but most of the scenes have actually been pretty vanilla.
If you have played for 32 hours and if you did not like it then maybe this game is just not for you. It is a very different style of writing from PC. PC has excellent character writing and smart dialogue. The writing in this game is great but it is a different kind of good. It does not try to be realistic like pale carnations does and feels more like an anime if that makes sense. It has an interesting plot and heavy on tropes/memes etc. Personally I dislike the memey aspect but that does not matter too much because I think the story is very interesting. I am not sure how the game plays out with the reworked prologue but when I first played it I did not like the start very much. I started enjoying it a few hours in after the game started leaning towards the fantasy side of things.

In terms of sex scenes for me it is probably a 3-4 (for reference I think PC is maybe a 6-7 so far). In this game you have group sex but it is pretty vanilla in nature. And that is to be expected given it is a harem game. Can't really do the really hardcore stuff in a vanilla focused harem game and this is not a bad thing. Adding hardcore stuff might feel out of place given the tone of the story.

Reactions: ryxp

ryxp

Mar 9, 2022
If you have played for 32 hours and if you did not like it then maybe this game is just not for you. It is a very different style of writing from PC. PC has excellent character writing and smart dialogue. The writing in this game is great but it is a different kind of good. It does not try to be realistic like pale carnations does and feels more like an anime if that makes sense. It has an interesting plot and heavy on tropes/memes etc. Personally I dislike the memey aspect but that does not matter too much because I think the story is very interesting. I am not sure how the game plays out with the reworked prologue but when I first played it I did not like the start very much. I started enjoying it a few hours in after the game started leaning towards the fantasy side of things.

In terms of sex scenes for me it is probably a 3-4 (for reference I think PC is maybe a 6-7 so far). In this game you have group sex but it is pretty vanilla in nature. And that is to be expected given it is a harem game. Can't really do the really hardcore stuff in a vanilla focused harem game and this is not a bad thing. Adding hardcore stuff might feel out of place given the tone of the story.
I haven't played it at all yet, but I never play a game for more than about five hours if I'm not at least marginally hooked. I certainly would never waste 30 hours on a game if I wasn't enjoying it haha I don't have that kind of time.

I'm sure once I start this one I'll enjoy it. I may just not find it the most fappable. But I've been surprised by some games like The Headmaster that is pretty light on actual sexual content but I think the writing and game design is exciting enough that I've fapped a lot to it.

I get that the vibe for this game is very anime-esque, so that makes sense for the overall tone to be kind of cartoony and unrealistic.

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
I am not sure how the game plays out with the reworked prologue but when I first played it I did not like the start very much.
Fyi, the new prologue would probably take less than 1/2 an hour to get through if you want to read it. Based on your comments you'd probably find it a mixed bag, as it sets up the fantasy stuff more clearly from the get go, but also makes the joke even more over the top with the help of Gianni Matragano.

Jan 21, 2023
I haven't played it at all yet, but I never play a game for more than about five hours if I'm not at least marginally hooked. I certainly would never waste 30 hours on a game if I wasn't enjoying it haha I don't have that kind of time.

I'm sure once I start this one I'll enjoy it. I may just not find it the most fappable. But I've been surprised by some games like The Headmaster that is pretty light on actual sexual content but I think the writing and game design is exciting enough that I've fapped a lot to it.

I get that the vibe for this game is very anime-esque, so that makes sense for the overall tone to be kind of cartoony and unrealistic.
Yeah it takes a while to get to the good bits. When you play just remember that it gets better as you keep playing. Unlike a lot of the higher rated VNs on this website, I did not get hooked since the very beginning - this game takes some time for the pace to pick up. But once it does the story is really interesting. The first couple of hours feel very different compared to the last couple of hours and in terms of the plot, this is probably one of my favorites.

A game with slightly similar style to this that you might like is Superhuman - I would highly recommend checking that out. Like out of touch it has an epic fantasy plot and a fascinating world. While it is lighter on the anime-esque tropes, it is the only game I have played on this website that I think is similar in terms of the scale/scope of Out of Touch's story. That game has slightly more hardcore kinks (I would give it a 6-7 similar to pale carnations) and you get to the 'good bits' a lot quicker so you might like it based on your comment assuming you are ok with its art style. Its tone is also slightly similar to mist which I see you like which is yet another reason I am recommending it to you.

ryxp

Mar 9, 2022
Yeah it takes a while to get to the good bits. When you play just remember that it gets better as you keep playing. Unlike a lot of the higher rated VNs on this website, I did not get hooked since the very beginning - this game takes some time for the pace to pick up. But once it does the story is really interesting. The first couple of hours feel very different compared to the last couple of hours and in terms of the plot, this is probably one of my favorites.

A game with slightly similar style to this that you might like is Superhuman - I would highly recommend checking that out. Like out of touch it has an epic fantasy plot and a fascinating world. While it is lighter on the anime-esque tropes, it is the only game I have played on this website that I think is similar in terms of the scale/scope of Out of Touch's story. That game has slightly more hardcore kinks (I would give it a 6-7 similar to pale carnations) and you get to the 'good bits' a lot quicker so you might like it based on your comment assuming you are ok with its art style. Its tone is also slightly similar to mist which I see you like which is yet another reason I am recommending it to you.
I looked at superhuman just now and instantly recognized I'd come across that game before. It has good reviews, but it sounded like a genderbender and the art style kinda turned me off. Clearly it's a successful game though.

Truvelo

Jul 16, 2017
I don't want to complain, I like many things about this game, but the dialogues are its worst part, I understand that the game is "long" according to the author, but the length of some dialogues is just overkill, the game gets boring very quickly.....

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
I don't want to complain, I like many things about this game, but the dialogues are its worst part, I understand that the game is "long" according to the author, but the length of some dialogues is just overkill, the game gets boring very quickly.....
What chapter are you even up to?, because there's little that can be called boring or filler between 22-40

Reactions: Killer_Looks

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
The game has 1/4th the word to render count density of BADIK and has a giant disclaimer in the OP that tells you it’s long.

Jan 21, 2023
I looked at superhuman just now and instantly recognized I'd come across that game before. It has good reviews, but it sounded like a genderbender and the art style kinda turned me off. Clearly it's a successful game though.
Genderbender is a tiny fraction of the scenes and is very much optional. The game does not focus on it in any way there are just a couple of scenes because part of the MC's gimmick is he can modify his body in any way he wants. As for the art, the game is dark and deals with eldritch horrors to it so to me it fits and grows on you. But if you dont like the art that's fair.

In any case back to out of touch - if you decide to play and feel like you want to drop it, it I would recommend playing until chapter 20 if possible. That is a lot to ask because it takes several hours to get to that point but I thought the story improved significantly past that point. I say this because I almost dropped this game but decided to continue because it was a recommendation from someone I know and I am very glad I kept playing. In any case I hope you like the game.

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes