molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
I thought the memelord humor was dumb but enjoyed the hell out of the 30 some odd chapters I played through (waiting to pick back up til there's more backlog, cause android isn't the best format to play but it's what I use).

Tone policing the dev about how they respond to a pretty common point of trolling and heckling, seems pointless... But I'm the kind of person that if I ever made one of these damn things, it'd have only the choice to read or not and all comments of "I don't like x" would be met with "read something else then", so I might have some biases.
Meme's in general are dumb.. it's a dumb type of humor. Ever watch shows like Airplane? Three Amigos and others? They were hilarious because they were dumb! Breaking in and they whisper to each other to be quiet.. one guy keeps saying what? Finally he yes loudly to be quiet. Their is humor where it's meant to be dumb to be funny than there is just dumb where it was never to be funny but is dumb. Meme's fit the dumb humor category and why they are so popular.

nzn

Aug 9, 2019
How to tell when an embarrassingly continental European is blisteringly angry.
not entirely sure how you got to that conclusion, but carry on then.

For whatever it's worth at this point, yes, it is absolutely worth continuing. OoT is actually quite serious and thematically heavy underneath all of the levity and flashy battles. If you liked where it was going before the scene with CJ's dad, then you'll probably like the rest of it.
yea majority response seems to disagree with you. dev including so i have my doubts. no offence to you personally.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
not entirely sure how you got to that conclusion, but carry on then.

yea majority response seems to disagree with you. dev including so i have my doubts. no offence to you personally.
I don't think you're parsing the responses properly if you got that as a take away.

It's definitely not a lol so random meme city story.

Reactions: Alandir
Sep 26, 2021
This is Laziness 's story recap document for OoT. It lists out the story beats in bullet points. If you're at all still interested, you could read through a few chapters of the recap to see what to expect. I promise, anything that sounds like it should be taken seriously is taken seriously.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Does anyone who uses it as a pejorative?
So far, none. Perhaps I'm like Diogenes, but instead of looking for an honest man, I'm looking for an anti-woke person who actually knows what their pejoratives actually mean.
Had to google a bit about woke seeing as i'm not from us and thus don't think about woke, toilets and transgenders 24/7 (don't worry i won't vote for your favorite boogeyman or against your preferred saint). an interesting bit of trivia though:
View attachment 2798521

not really a point just found it funny. not entirely sure what in this game or the discussed scene is anti woke or woke however.
but then again i don't live in "culture wars"
Well, this "young" baby boomer apparently has more in common with Millennials and GenZ,,,

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerWolfe

GamingSavant

Jun 11, 2017
NGL, I had no idea what I was getting into when I started this game, and only saw all the amazed reviews for it. Was having trouble keeping up with the tropes at first and then a giant meme filled the sky with voice acting and I'm just bewildered. And now I just simply MUST continue onward out of sheer fascination.

EDIT: 1690512314503.png
WHAT IS THIS GAME!?!?

Last edited:

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
Speaking of seeing nothing, was there a schedule for the next few months? I remember Anon posting one, but I can't find the post.
I could've sworn there was something about Tropicali

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
Speaking of seeing nothing, was there a schedule for the next few months? I remember Anon posting one, but I can't find the post.
This was the schedule
1690521466769.png
And from the WIP channel yesterday. The demo has probably 1 or so days of writing left, and presumably some code polishing time before hitting patreon for the start/end of the month.

Reactions: Mythrs and Laziness

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Hoping for next week for patrons. Sometime after that for public after we fix whatever problems we inevitably find.

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
Reactions: Nennius

GamingSavant

Jun 11, 2017
I'm sure this has been asked before but is there a way to get the soundtrack used in the game? A few of the tracks, especially early, were really good.

Mar 6, 2021
I'm sure this has been asked before but is there a way to get the soundtrack used in the game? A few of the tracks, especially early, were really good.
Check Phoenix#2772 bandcamp

Check 死夢VANITY bandcamp

Check Youtube playlist with OoT soundtrack

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: GamingSavant

GamingSavant

Jun 11, 2017
Check Phoenix#2772 bandcamp

Check 死夢VANITY bandcamp

Check Youtube playlist with OoT soundtrack
You're awesome; do you remember the track that plays during the first school scene that introduces the characters?

GamingSavant

Jun 11, 2017
1690749943867.png

... Whelp, I'm no longer surprised. I just need Markiplier trying to explain the Backrooms to me while jingling keys so my ADHD brain pays attention.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Patriotically representing our national tradition of considering emotion in men the greatest weakness. Olivia will be fine unless the All Blacks lose the world cup.
I think that's basically a global tradition at this point.

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes