Sep 26, 2021
OoT needed Unity for the combat system, Tropicali doesn't have that.
Right, but if you've got a custom-built engine ready to go, why not just use that even if you don't need the extra features? Seems like it would be exhausting to maintain two different workflows.

Jul 10, 2017
Right, but if you've got a custom-built engine ready to go, why not just use that even if you don't need the extra features? Seems like it would be exhausting to maintain two different workflows.
Kind of, but not really.

Ren'py provides the VN engine (that OoT engine works to replicate and improve) right out of the box, so no work is required to "remake" the OoT engine or anything. In addition, it's a lot harder to use multiple developers when one developers' work depends on the other. Easier to stick a single developer on it and have them work in an isolated environment.

Does Ren'py suck for doing custom stuff? Yeah, but Tropicali is just UI stuff and that's workable in Ren'py. As a VN engine, Renpy is quite a decent tool for the job.

riji

Dec 17, 2017
We grug now?
Tried game today. Game good.
Combat ass.
Music ass because music low bitrate.

soyuyuka

Oct 4, 2018
Some of is wonderfully deep-fried. Enough to notice.
Tell which tracks are like that. Open debug console (press ~ when it's enabled in settings) and look at the section in top left. If some of them actually do have issues I can fix it but I doubt it because you're the first person to bring it up.

A lot of them are intentionally like that, for example:

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018
Just started playing and am curious: does anything happen with any of the older characters not in the immediate group? So like Theresa's mom, Vic's older sis, the teacher, the cafe lady, etc.? They're all so gorgeous but this game seems like a super slow burn, so I could see them being around but never involved in anything.

soyuyuka

Oct 4, 2018
Just started playing and am curious: does anything happen with any of the older characters not in the immediate group? So like Theresa's mom, Vic's older sis, the teacher, the cafe lady, etc.? They're all so gorgeous but this game seems like a super slow burn, so I could see them being around but never involved in anything.
No. There are some requests with some of them in patreon section on discord but nothing in the game.

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
If they're not on the title screen (OP), they're not on the list.

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes