alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
Yaoi arc start
Could be worse, I once saw a manga where there were no men, and women had separated into two distinct groups (one more "masculine" (they'd dress up in suits etc as far as I could tell) and one more "feminine") and the story centered around a romance between two of the "masculine" women. So even though it was yuri, it was yaoi. I never read it, just saw the summary. But still.

Reactions: Story Anon

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Could be worse, I once saw a manga where there were no men, and women had separated into two distinct groups (one more "masculine" (they'd dress up in suits etc as far as I could tell) and one more "feminine") and the story centered around a romance between two of the "masculine" women. So even though it was yuri, it was yaoi. I never read it, just saw the summary. But still.
Yuri inception. It’s so bicurious it wraps right back around to being Hetero. :Kappa:

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Story anon, Are you doing a steam release? Is that even possible for a game made with koi assets?
I would like to, way down the line when we’re much closer to completion.

I have no idea, you can sell mods for games on Steam and OoT wouldn’t actually have any assets of Koi included, just images made in Koi.

If it really became a problem (and the game has enough of a demand by then) I’d be willing to redo the entirety of the games art in Unity itself with remade models.

Luizodia

Dec 2, 2018
This game is amazing, so much content for a game that isn't even a year old. The characters have a lot of personality, I laughed a lot, and almost cried at some moments. I won't even talk about the soundtrack, it's simply priceless! I wish you the best, keep the good work man :D(y)

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
It's killing me that I can't progress beyond 0.93. :cry:
android ports not dead, it’s just the house of cards we made in Ren’py to get the gameplay working just doesn’t work at all on mobile.

luckily, we’re swapping from Ren’py to Unity and once that’s online, android ports will be a breeze.

I’m thinking before then though, I might just make a combat-less mobile version with the old GUI so you can at least keep up with the story.

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
No its not.. so lets see how things are gona develop here.. i foresee some hard times about to happen.
That's because the vast majority of unity games I've seen are soulless cookie-cutter asset flips with nothing new to bring. There's nothing inherently wrong with unity. Hell, one of the best games on this site (Love Of Magic) is done in unity and that's a kinda similar premise to this game (godling PC, turn-based battles, harem, romance, school setting). Though I think transitioning will be rough, if it works out it'll be fine.

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
That's because the vast majority of unity games I've seen are soulless cookie-cutter asset flips with nothing new to bring. There's nothing inherently wrong with unity. Hell, one of the best games on this site (Love Of Magic) is done in unity and that's a kinda similar premise to this game (godling PC, turn-based battles, harem, romance, school setting). Though I think transitioning will be rough, if it works out it'll be fine.
i agree on that but the issue will be catching new players.
Some people here (myself included) run away from the unity tag like its the Covid.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
For what we’re trying to do in the gameplay segments, we’re already making Ren’py scream in pain. Getting Ren’py to display animation the way it needs to be in the gameplay sections is a giant pain in the ass. The engine just wasn’t meant for it.

Unity on the other hand makes it much simpler, smoother and optimized. Furthermore, the actual gameplay code itself is far saner when done in Unity and the new engine just straight up gets rid of a lot of the screen language limitations that Ren’py shackled on.

As far as development difficulty: It’s a PowerPoint presentation with music, flags and buttons most of the time and a pretty simple TTRPG a bit of the time.

I don’t want to disparage any dev that’s had issues using Unity but I’m not rendering anything in Unity, just using it as the framework to hang my renders/animations/music/assets on. In that usage, Unity is quite simple and intuitive. Far more than Ren’py.

Reactions: ElukiaTV
4.60 star(s) 228 Votes