Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
For what we’re trying to do in the gameplay segments, we’re already making Ren’py scream in pain. Getting Ren’py to display animation the way it needs to be in the gameplay sections is a giant pain in the ass. The engine just wasn’t meant for it.

Unity on the other hand makes it much simpler, smoother and optimized. Furthermore, the actual gameplay code itself is far saner when done in Unity and the new engine just straight up gets rid of a lot of the screen language limitations that Ren’py shackled on.

As far as development difficulty: It’s a PowerPoint presentation with music, flags and buttons most of the time and a pretty simple TTRPG a bit of the time.

I don’t want to disparage any dev that’s had issues using Unity but I’m not rendering anything in Unity, just using it as the framework to hang my renders/animations/music/assets on. In that usage, Unity is quite simple and intuitive. Far more than Ren’py.
Do you know if saves will be portable over, or do I have to feel all those feelings all over again? We're just getting to the more happy stuff! Lol

Reactions: Story Anon

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Do you know if saves will be portable over, or do I have to feel all those feelings all over again? We're just getting to the more happy stuff! Lol
We’re really hoping to get this done sooner rather than later, so that there’s no grind to redo anything. Doing this at chapter 50 when everyone is 25 hours in and has actual stats grinded out would just be fucked.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
For what we’re trying to do in the gameplay segments, we’re already making Ren’py scream in pain. Getting Ren’py to display animation the way it needs to be in the gameplay sections is a giant pain in the ass. The engine just wasn’t meant for it.
The only version I played was v0.9 the chapter merge after that first I wanted to wait until there were a few chapters to play through the I was held back because of the sandbox elements (or crapbox how I call it) and now you are switching engines because you want to implement even more gameplay elements? I play these games for the story and the sex not for the gameplay. Why do you think there are so many games developed in RPGM/Unity or other engines where players ask the dev about switching to renpy because it's the most popular engine for VN's.

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android v1.21Beta APK
P/s: Request Link Android Game at my

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
I really like the story so far, the slow burn is fine and the take on rape is refreshing.

It FEELS like this game is censored tho. Yes i've read the dev part of the op and how H content isn't happening until later, thats not what i mean. There are like 30 scenes in the first 15 chapters that could have had nudity but had...bad camera angles, hair falling down, convenient objects blocking nudity. It feels like watching an anime before it gets a release version. Seems kind of a weird decision, when the game DOES have nudity in it already so its not shying away from anything.

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018

Unity on the other hand makes it much simpler, smoother and optimized. Furthermore, the actual gameplay code itself is far saner when done in Unity and the new engine just straight up gets rid of a lot of the screen language limitations that Ren’py shackled on.

As far as development difficulty: It’s a PowerPoint presentation with music, flags and buttons most of the time and a pretty simple TTRPG a bit of the time.

I don’t want to disparage any dev that’s had issues using Unity but I’m not rendering anything in Unity, just using it as the framework to hang my renders/animations/music/assets on. In that usage, Unity is quite simple and intuitive. Far more than Ren’py.
Hey, as long as dialog advances with the spacebar and not just enter or clicking, I'll lap it up without hesitation.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
I really like the story so far, the slow burn is fine and the take on rape is refreshing.

It FEELS like this game is censored tho. Yes i've read the dev part of the op and how H content isn't happening until later, thats not what i mean. There are like 30 scenes in the first 15 chapters that could have had nudity but had...bad camera angles, hair falling down, convenient objects blocking nudity. It feels like watching an anime before it gets a release version. Seems kind of a weird decision, when the game DOES have nudity in it already so its not shying away from anything.
The early segments are like that on purpose, in general actual bare nudity is used to demonstrate positive closeness between two characters in the story, which is why you start seeing tits in ch13, get a full frontal of Sarah in 15 and so on in Ch18.
After 18, the cork has been popped and things will get more visually risqué.
Hey, as long as dialog advances with the spacebar and not just enter or clicking, I'll lap it up without hesitation.
Certainly. Besides a new splash screen, really things shouldn’t look too different from the users perspective.

Reactions: Laziness

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
Certainly. Besides a new splash screen, really things shouldn’t look too different from the users perspective.
Some other keybinds that get ignored often: Tab to toggle skipping, and mouse wheel up to rollback. I use them a lot due to my mouse being a little unreliable and it often double-clicks when I mean to single-click thus skipping dialogue, so yeah, rollback would be appreciated :)

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Some other keybinds that get ignored often: Tab to toggle skipping, and mouse wheel up to rollback. I use them a lot due to my mouse being a little unreliable and it often double-clicks when I mean to single-click thus skipping dialogue, so yeah, rollback would be appreciated :)
Scrollback's still in, will definitely write down Tab to toggle skipping.

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
Moving on from the switch to Unity, I just finished Ch 18. Short but sweet is my official take.

It was really nice to see all seven of them unwind after all the drama. As cute as Jamie was (and I'm a huge Jamie fan!) the cutest of the night goes to little Ashley. She did indeed drink it all.

It'll be fun to see how CJ deals with the fallout of The Kiss. Later in the night, you can almost see him mentally comparing Vic's kiss to Jamie's, and I think he liked them both, which is going to confuse the crap out of him.. You should probably start sneaking in some smoke coming out of his ears when he does his "deep thinking". It's almost painful to watch.

And how freaking great is to to be Sarah, right? Just chilling in bed and *BOOM*! O-Town; population three.

Great work, Story Anon!

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Moving on from the switch to Unity, I just finished Ch 18. Short but sweet is my official take.

It was really nice to see all seven of them unwind after all the drama. As cute as Jamie was (and I'm a huge Jamie fan!) the cutest of the night goes to little Ashley. She did indeed drink it all.

It'll be fun to see how CJ deals with the fallout of The Kiss. Later in the night, you can almost see him mentally comparing Vic's kiss to Jamie's, and I think he liked them both, which is going to confuse the crap out of him.. You should probably start sneaking in some smoke coming out of his ears when he does his "deep thinking". It's almost painful to watch.

And how freaking great is to to be Sarah, right? Just chilling in bed and *BOOM*! O-Town; population three.

Great work, Story Anon!
glad you enjoyed it!
Yeah CJ is definitely going to have some uh, introspection. Especially when he finally has to talk to Jamie again.

You can see half the reason why Sarah’s pushing the harem idea, lmao

Reactions: Faptime

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
glad you enjoyed it!
Yeah CJ is definitely going to have some uh, introspection. Especially when he finally has to talk to Jamie again.

You can see half the reason why Sarah’s pushing the harem idea, lmao
Sarah, the first time CJ busts a nut after the link is established: "Woah, that feels awesome, better make sure he has as many of those as physically possible. Time to build a harem!"

30 seconds later: "Wait, he already has one; and there's only one rival male!"

After coming back to japan: "Huh, the rival is female, and a member of the burgeoning harem... fuck it, more harem for me CJ!"

100% canon, guaranteed

Reactions: Faptime

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Sarah, the first time CJ busts a nut after the link is established: "Woah, that feels awesome, better make sure he has as many of those as physically possible. Time to build a harem!"

30 seconds later: "Wait, he already has one; and there's only one rival male!"

After coming back to japan: "Huh, the rival is female, and a member of the burgeoning harem... fuck it, more harem for me CJ!"

100% canon, guaranteed
it was an interesting perk until she felt actual Happy sex at which point...we’ll, you’ll see her be a bit more aggressive about it.

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
The only version I played was v0.9 the chapter merge after that first I wanted to wait until there were a few chapters to play through the I was held back because of the sandbox elements (or crapbox how I call it) and now you are switching engines because you want to implement even more gameplay elements? I play these games for the story and the sex not for the gameplay. Why do you think there are so many games developed in RPGM/Unity or other engines where players ask the dev about switching to renpy because it's the most popular engine for VN's.
Personally, I really love to see a good RPGM game (as long as it's an actual RPG). I hate that most of the devs that use RPGM love to make a ton of unavoidable sharing, NTR, bestiality, and predominately female protagonist games, though. There's a lot of Japanese RPGM adult games, but those are always what I mentioned before or they are just cringy as hell. Japan is the king of cringe...

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020
its suposed to act has a tutorial,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, thats it. XD
I get it, doesn't make it less annoying. I don't get the point of building a tutorial fight to introduce your fight system when you've(Presumably) not created even the basics of the forthcoming fights in the plot itself. It's a waste of a good deal of both time and thought the dev could've put toward furthering the plot(Which as enjoyable as it is is still in it's infancy) and instead arguably wasted on an annoying fight that no one enjoyed on a section of the story which could've been accomplished with much less effort. Not hating on them at all, or the game, but part of acknowledging someone's ability(Or a story/thing's efficacy) is seeing when they could use it more effectively

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
I get it, doesn't make it less annoying. I don't get the point of building a tutorial fight to introduce your fight system when you've(Presumably) not created even the basics of the forthcoming fights in the plot itself. It's a waste of a good deal of both time and thought the dev could've put toward furthering the plot(Which as enjoyable as it is is still in it's infancy) and instead arguably wasted on an annoying fight that no one enjoyed on a section of the story which could've been accomplished with much less effort. Not hating on them at all, or the game, but part of acknowledging someone's ability(Or a story/thing's efficacy) is seeing when they could use it more effectively
Outside of art assets, the combat sections are programmed by another person on the team.

As far as effort goes, there have been 3 chapter releases in 3 weeks and a planned weekly update schedule going forward. I dont know how much more effort you could want.

As far as annoyance goes, there’s plenty of room for personal opinion there. I will say with the current combat encounter you have to go out of your way to lose it or not complete it in a timely manner.

Reactions: Ponyboy451
4.60 star(s) 228 Votes