Nav1

Aug 18, 2019
Hey, I don't normally message too much but just wanted to pop by and say thanks to the Dev for making the game.
Reading through your notes on this game being just an idea in your head that you pushed to fruition is inspiring.

I get that there probably has been some rough patches on your way here, especially the engine shift and change the focus of the project to be less VN and include more game elements.

I personally am a fan of books and reading in general, and find that in VN's many can find the perfect balance between reading and player interaction. It is all too common to find meaningless choices in games because to make it meaningful would require too much development time. I feel I am in the minority for this, but a well-told Kinetic Novel (VN with no choices) is better than a VN with terrible choices. Most ero-games have the terrible habit of bogging down their story with needless elements. Timestamps comes to mind with this; good story, useless point'n'click to advance the plot (why have it if it is not free-roam?)

Not trying to discourage you. In fact all the more power to you. I just wish that you can keep the vision and focus that you held when you originally started working on this as you continue to add more and more.

All the best.

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Hey, I don't normally message too much but just wanted to pop by and say thanks to the Dev for making the game.
Reading through your notes on this game being just an idea in your head that you pushed to fruition is inspiring.

I get that there probably has been some rough patches on your way here, especially the engine shift and change the focus of the project to be less VN and include more game elements.

I personally am a fan of books and reading in general, and find that in VN's many can find the perfect balance between reading and player interaction. It is all too common to find meaningless choices in games because to make it meaningful would require too much development time. I feel I am in the minority for this, but a well-told Kinetic Novel (VN with no choices) is better than a VN with terrible choices. Most ero-games have the terrible habit of bogging down their story with needless elements. Timestamps comes to mind with this; good story, useless point'n'click to advance the plot (why have it if it is not free-roam?)

Not trying to discourage you. In fact all the more power to you. I just wish that you can keep the vision and focus that you held when you originally started working on this as you continue to add more and more.

All the best.
Thank you for your kind words!

Rest assured, the strange and ridiculous adventure we're on with this series will never lose its narrative focus. If you've played Ch15, you have an idea of how gameplay sections will be used in this project: To support the narrative, not distract from it.

If you need any more assurances, feel free to hop on my and listen to one of my biweekly rants about the evils of grinding in VNs and fishing mini-games.

Reactions: ElukiaTV

Kansai

Feb 27, 2018
so i looked around the thread and it says during the fight with the red fox demon that CJ has to talk to her, but I dont see that option anywhere?? any solutions?

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
so i looked around the thread and it says during the fight with the red fox demon that CJ has to talk to her, but I dont see that option anywhere?? any solutions?
You don't, just use CJ's buff on Aine, heal the hostage with Aines spell and have Aine punch Cro in the face repeatedly. Get the hostage to 80 HP and you win.

Kansai

Feb 27, 2018
You don't, just use CJ's buff on Aine, heal the hostage with Aines spell and have Aine punch Cro in the face repeatedly. Get the hostage to 80 HP and you win.
jeez i cant read apparently, thanks my guy

loving the game so far, presentation is great and the story is well delivered

Ill write a review once I finish, im excited to come back once this story gets fleshed out even more

also 100 chapters goddamn

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
So is this a sandbox game and is the main main mc a boy or a girl?
This is a VN but has a few small sandbox sections where you can go to optional side places and explore some side content if you want or you can just skip straight to the main story if you want.

There are arguably 2 MC's, CJ the male protagonist who is returning to his group of women friends after years apart to fix things between them and be back where he is supposed to be and Jamie, CJ's female friend who is posing as a man to be able to inherit her grandfather's multi billion dollar company when "He" graduates HS.

The story follows CJ but you will be making choices as Jamie for the moving around portions and you will see the thoughts of each of the girls from time to time. As the PoV is 3rd person, not really 1st person most of the time

Honestly, I almost want to say there really isn't a main character, just a group of friends who love each other and each of the characters in this story are important to each other and you as the player will get to learn more about these characters and the story as you play.

To be clear, this is a linear story with no self insert character. You get to pick which choices these characters make but never inhabit them, they are their own people with their own feelings and are wonderfully fleshed out.

Hope that makes sense. Its a fantastic story and deserves to be experienced.

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Half way through the game currently and...Its already in my signature! Awesome atmosphere with pretty much perfect choice in music, story is great with pretty much zero choices that "branch" anything (why the heck people even make some random routes, its such a hassle in the long run, great job dodging that bullet =))
Though there are some bugs here and there especially because I like to roll back a lot (black screen with nothing, placeholder fading in after every "click", far throw back and other bugs because of this), slow skip (really slow), just 6 slots for saves, staggering music (starts 2-3 times for ~3 seconds, then it goes just fine), story goes but no images (because of rollback). I think thats all I encountered so far.
Yeah, seems a lot, but this game is so awesome that I dont really care and I am sure you will fix at least some of em soon =)

Relyn

Sep 18, 2018
Just played the game from the start to where it is now and honestly I really dig it. It's an interesting narrative with fun and enjoyable characters that while sometimes at odds with itself and its tone (Chad Thundercock).

The characters are really solid though wish other members of the crew got a bit more screentime and insight into their character because Vic, Sarah, and Jamie have been the dominant characters most of the game. The story itself has been really solid and it's clear you definitely got into a groove and found your footing as it goes farther in. Was surprised it took so long to hit proper boning but honestly didn't mind because it all felt pretty natural I was enjoying myself. It's nice seeing a protagonist that genuinely respects everyone's boundaries too.

I had a lot of fun with it so far to the point where I powered through all the content over the course of the day. I thought playing from the point of the view of the girls during the overworld bits and seeing things from their perspective was a solid idea, because CJ himself, while not a bad character, is very simple-minded and bullheaded. In that regard I'm super glad Jamie's getting her arc at the moment because the will she won't she nature of her situation was killing me. That said you're an absolute son of a bitch for leaving us at a cliffhanger like that. Genuine asshole.

The UI currently is a smidge clunky tho and can be a bit slow at times but it's never been a deal breaker for me. The game looks nice and you did good work with the characters and their designs.

I dig the game dude and I super look forward to where you go from here. I don't talk much but I'll be watching with anticipation. Thanks a bunch for your work, my dude.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 228 Votes