Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Oh my god I had no clue thank you so much bro
Phew glad that got taken care of for you, but just as a general message for everyone: if you run into a show stopping bug or issue, absolutely do not hesitate to DM me about it. I can’t check the thread here that often but I have email notifications for DMs turned on, so I can get back to you in a timely manner. Don’t worry about it, you won’t be bothering me at all.

I’m also on discord a ton, so if you have issues you can always ping me on my server or DM there as well.

Reactions: flamethrower451

aftershock3

Feb 26, 2021
I want to be sure, not all preview images are in the game, right? (Talking about the lewd scenes like Ashley's, Sarah's or Vic and Leah)
I dont know how hard it is to miss content, but not gonna lie, i was hoping to find them when i re-checked this post
Correct, although they are all rendered and written scenes, the story just hasn't caught up to them yet.
What?? This is false advertising.

And the combat scene is ch15 is beyond terrible. I think I've tried all combination of inputs, but Cro keeps blocking. And how anyone is supposed to guess that the goal of the game is to heal up the hostage is completely beyond me. I give up.

Chef25

Nov 2, 2020
So, bad enough the switch to Unity, but I guess this means that there will no longer be a compressed version. I'm not downloading 2.63 gigs. I only have DSL, and everything in my house (including tv's) run off of it. If I download something of that size or more, everything else STOPS until it is done. It really is a shame, the direction that you decided to go. I was there right from the start and really enjoyed it.

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019

And the combat scene is ch15 is beyond terrible. I think I've tried all combination of inputs, but Cro keeps blocking. And how anyone is supposed to guess that the goal of the game is to heal up the hostage is completely beyond me. I give up.
The fights in the game are more like puzzles, dont think of them has the regular RPG, you will mostly be fighting superior beings.
Also, Cro herself tells you that you cant hurt her in her sanctuary right before the fight stars. So why are you surprised that you cant hurt her?

RodrigoOSan

Apr 16, 2020

You can't hit Cro because you're not supposed to hit her. She's too powerful and you are fighting in her domain.
The game itself says that, so I don't know what you're complaining about.

Reactions: ElukiaTV

Captv

Mar 10, 2020
i just played the most recent update and i have to say im not a fan of how it ended i really hope jaime isnt hurt or anything or turn evil or something it would really piss me off if that is where this story is going

Reactions: ElukiaTV

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
But I never said I was trying to hit Cro.
I was trying to heal the hostage. That was also blocked.
Correct, if you don’t attack Cro she will block Sarah’s heal spell. As long as you hit her (damage doesn’t matter here), she’ll be distracted and will let the heal go through.

This is all an iterative experience for everyone involved and I can absolutely understand there being some confusion about the encounter.

My intention with setting up the fight is that you would be allowed to figure out what works and what doesn’t without too much punishment. A core theme of OoT is that violence isn’t necessarily going to solve the problems CJ and his friends have, which is of course the first answer any RPG gives the player. So I wanted to give the player the opportunity to try that and realize it won’t work organically, without being strictly told so. The solution itself is actually quite simple and the fight can be done in less than a minute very reliably, but it’s more about setting up expectations for the future (I.E don’t expect to be able to punch all your problems away)

But like I said, this project is definitely a work in progress and I would like to make sure it isn’t frustrating for anyone, especially anyone who’s gotten all the way to Ch15, so next update will include some language that makes the objective a bit more clear and a balance pass on the Cro fight itself.

i just played the most recent update and i have to say im not a fan of how it ended i really hope jaime isnt hurt or anything or turn evil or something it would really piss me off if that is where this story is going
I won’t spoiler anything but it’s always darkest just before dawn. I’m trying to keep OoT as thematically consistent as possible and well, you’ve already seen that nobody has had a Bad End.

Solince

Jun 22, 2021
So its been awhile since I checked in on this game I noticed you switched from Ren'py to unity, do i have to start from scratch or is there a way to move my save files?

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
So its been awhile since I checked in on this game I noticed you switched from Ren'py to unity, do i have to start from scratch or is there a way to move my save files?
Saves are not compatible between the Ren'py and Unity versions, but there is a Unity save that gets you to the new content (and instructions on where to put it) a few pages back iirc.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Will there be a Linux build on the new engine?
Does the same thing apply to Macs, or is there a specific version on the way?
Mac and Linux builds are ready! These may be a little rough around the edges, so if you run into any problems please please please let me know.

Also there's a hotfixed version of the Windows build that includes some script fixes and the balance pass for the Ch15 encounter. It's not critical if you've already gotten through the new content and will be included in future builds, so don't feel obligated to download everything again.

I've submitted the builds to the uploaders but here are the MEGAs:

Windows:

Mac:

Linux:

Reactions: Laziness

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but when I click history from the right click menu, it's in another language, and it disables being able to return to the game. Had to save and load to continue the game.

The game needs an autosave feature. I've been running into game-breaking bugs and getting fucked over. At the start of Vol. 2 the game stopped showing images and when I went to save and reload, the game wouldn't save. Had to reload my save that I had all the way before the fight, held ctrl(skip) until the battle, and then the game bugged out again during the battle. Image froze, I could still navigate the combat log, etc, but couldn't do anything else.

Please add a chapter select menu. This game takes too long to skip in Unity and it's basically a kinetic novel, so it shouldn't hurt, right?

Last edited:

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Well bad news, but I'm getting nothing but a black window after "Made in Unity"
Means there’s a text parser error somewhere, oof. Okay let me work on a hot fix for you, hopefully it’ll be something you can drag and drop without having to download the whole build again.

Bard Jesus

Nov 20, 2019
Downloaded the latest update rather than letting a few build up first because I saw the preview pictures had a few new ones since last time and just *had* to see them. (Talking about the Leah and Vic ones) and was left with a great build up for story in the next update but let down that this seemingly isn't in the game. Hopefully one day we can see two best girls together in a scene.

Kellan

Aug 5, 2016
So I just played through it for the first time and I really enjoyed the story and characters, the jumping between different viewpoints didnt really bother me at all. HOWEVER, I really hope you start adding some (good) h-scenes in at some point. The only one thats in right now is just kinda short and dull. Or is this the way the game will continue? Some short vanilla scenes that might as well just be "fade to black" ala tv romcom?

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes