jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
Might be time to add a multiple protagonist tag. You're playing as Jamie just as much as CJ, if not more, especially with the latest chapters being almost entirely dedicated to Jamie.

Reactions: Story Anon

fucme

Jun 13, 2018
i hope im not too annoying but i would like to know how the development of the next chapter is progressing , that cliffhanger was soo frustrating ( in a good way XD ) and how long will it take for the next update ( im not the type to demande updates just curious so ik when to come back ) .

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Downloaded the latest update rather than letting a few build up first because I saw the preview pictures had a few new ones since last time and just *had* to see them. (Talking about the Leah and Vic ones) and was left with a great build up for story in the next update but let down that this seemingly isn't in the game. Hopefully one day we can see two best girls together in a scene.
So I just played through it for the first time and I really enjoyed the story and characters, the jumping between different viewpoints didnt really bother me at all. HOWEVER, I really hope you start adding some (good) h-scenes in at some point. The only one thats in right now is just kinda short and dull. Or is this the way the game will continue? Some short vanilla scenes that might as well just be "fade to black" ala tv romcom?
Glad you guys enjoyed it, take heart that those h-scenes in the preview are close enough that the renders are all finished. And yes, there will be a very large emphasis on the Group dynamic for those.

The current h-scene in Ch18 is really intended as a little bonus for those who were invested in Vic more than a real door seller. (Thus why it's easy to miss). Rest assured though, there'll be more for every girl and in nearly every combination, Vic and Leah especially.

Might be time to add a multiple protagonist tag. You're playing as Jamie just as much as CJ, if not more, especially with the latest chapters being almost entirely dedicated to Jamie.
There was actually a big discussion about that tag early on in this thread. Tl;dr, Multiple Protagonist + Harem apparently means something VERY different on F95 than what I had intended. It was just page after page of people asking if the game was NTR because how could you have a Harem and Multiple Protagonists at the same time.

I'm not really opposed to the Multiple Protagonist tag, I just think for this thread specifically it's going to cause more confusion, not less.

That being said, CJ is definitely the main character and while Jamie is certainly in the spotlight right now (and generally will play a very important role throughout the story, equal to at least Sarah), every girl will have an arc where she is basically the focus. CJ is always there though, front and center.

i hope im not too annoying but i would like to know how the development of the next chapter is progressing , that cliffhanger was soo frustrating ( in a good way XD ) and how long will it take for the next update ( im not the type to demande updates just curious so ik when to come back ) .
Not annoying at all, I actually post a ton of preview renders in my WiP channel on my . Just click the little icon in the rules section and check it out. I'm pretty sure I've posted well over a hundred renders for Ch22 already.

The renders and script for Ch22 are nearly done (95%), now it's just animations, gameplay and sound which will take at least until the end of July but more likely August.

It's currently the biggest chapter in the game by nearly 3x at over 2500 renders so far, to put that in perspective the final Ren'py version of v1.27 was only 6500 renders total for all of the prologue -> Ch19. So hopefully the wait will be well worth it!

• Red Heart
Reactions: fucme and Laziness

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
As knee-jerk as it sounds, I get the concerns with how certain tags and combinations of tags are interpreted.

Much like how a certain game used to feature a 'No Sexual Content' tag. To some people, that gives the impression 'No Sexual Content EVER'.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
As knee-jerk as it sounds, I get the concerns with how certain tags and combinations of tags are interpreted.

Much like how a certain game used to feature a 'No Sexual Content' tag. To some people, that gives the impression 'No Sexual Content EVER'.
And don't get me wrong, posts that are like "I played the game and I think maybe you could add this tag, this tag and this tag." are completely valid and don't bother me in the slightest.

However, I will say F95 was the first experience I had with people who would voluntarily enter a thread to argue about tags for hours on a game they never downloaded. That I don't think is very productive.

Reactions: Laziness

haganox

Jun 14, 2019
I'm absolutely in love with this game. Thank you and everyone who's worked on it. I get very faint katawa shoujo vibes, which I used to love as well. Are there any other games or VNs that helped inspire the writing?

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Some feedback.

I have a dual monitor system, and I tend to have social media or a streaming service going on one while I play games on the other. A really frustrating feature of this game is that when I have my arrow on the second monitor and I'm scrolling up, the game client (which is on my primary monitor) responds as if I'm scrolling backwards through the frames, even though it's not the active window. This has caused the screen to glitch out a couple of times and freeze, and the only way to progress is to save my game and reload it -- I have no idea why ythat works, and I discovered it entirely by accident, but it does.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
I'm absolutely in love with this game. Thank you and everyone who's worked on it. I get very faint katawa shoujo vibes, which I used to love as well. Are there any other games or VNs that helped inspire the writing?
Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

I'd say in broad strokes, Majikoi inspired a bit of the tone of OoT. The whole super close, family like group of friends against the world and their hijinks.

That's also why I don't really like the Majikoi DLCs because the MC completely abandons his family of friends to go chase pussy.

Some feedback.

I have a dual monitor system, and I tend to have social media or a streaming service going on one while I play games on the other. A really frustrating feature of this game is that when I have my arrow on the second monitor and I'm scrolling up, the game client (which is on my primary monitor) responds as if I'm scrolling backwards through the frames, even though it's not the active window. This has caused the screen to glitch out a couple of times and freeze, and the only way to progress is to save my game and reload it -- I have no idea why ythat works, and I discovered it entirely by accident, but it does.
Oh that's nutty, I hadn't even considered something like that. We'll look into that. Does it happen when it's minimized too?

Reactions: haganox

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Oh that's nutty, I hadn't even considered something like that. We'll look into that. Does it happen when it's minimized too?
If I minimize the window to the taskbar entirely, it stays static if I scroll, but that's not typically how I play these games.

It happens both in fullscreen and windowed mode.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
If I minimize the window to the taskbar entirely, it stays static if I scroll, but that's not typically how I play these games.

It happens both in fullscreen and windowed mode.
Oof, that must be really annoying. Okay let me see what we can do.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Oof, that must be really annoying. Okay let me see what we can do.

While it is, I've spent enough time in software development to know that you can't foresee every possible way the end user will use your software, and since y'all are using a custom-built engine (if I'm interpreting the update notes correctly), there are gonna be some defects. This is far less annoying than a fatal exception. =)

• Red Heart

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018

What is this? A phone made for ants? :D

Liking the game so far; I can see where the psychadelic tag came from. Just wanted to make sure though:

Is the dev aware of the volume differential between the post-intro cinematic and the rest of the game? Is there a way to equalize the volume between the game and the cinematic? or tie the volume of the cinematic to the game volume settings?

DES818

Mar 7, 2020
quick question but were are the save files? i want to continue from old save file but cant locate folder

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020

What is this? A phone made for ants? :D

Liking the game so far; I can see where the psychadelic tag came from. Just wanted to make sure though:

Is the dev aware of the volume differential between the post-intro cinematic and the rest of the game? Is there a way to equalize the volume between the game and the cinematic? or tie the volume of the cinematic to the game volume settings?
Glad you're enjoying it!

Yep that's a known issue that personally drives me up the wall and it's definitely on the fix list.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
quick question but were are the save files? i want to continue from old save file but cant locate folder
The Unity build save folder is located in:

C:\Users\(You)\AppData\LocalLow\Lightning Rooster Prouctions\OoT

If you already have Unity saves, you won't need to do anything to import them to a new build, the new version will automatically read your saves.

If you only have Ren'py version saves, you'll either have to start over or use one of the Unity save files included a few pages back.

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
Another bug I found was that images might not load sometimes (I think it was primarily Chapter 2 for me). At first I thought it was because I was running it from a drive on another PC, but when I remoted in it played fine, and then after I turned off remote and loaded again (on the remote drive, but on my PC) it worked fine.

Seems reloading fixed the problem either way; Hadn't known at the time whether there were missing images or not.

• Wow

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
Another bug I found was that images might not load sometimes (I think it was primarily Chapter 2 for me). At first I thought it was because I was running it from a drive on another PC, but when I remoted in it played fine, and then after I turned off remote and loaded again (on the remote drive, but on my PC) it worked fine.

Seems reloading fixed the problem either way; Hadn't known at the time whether there were missing images or not.
I think thats because of the scrolling back?
Sometimes the game acts weird if you scroll back and inmediatly go next, suddenly you get a white screen. I still dont know why its happening.

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
I think thats because of the scrolling back?
Sometimes the game acts weird if you scroll back and inmediatly go next, suddenly you get a white screen. I still dont know why its happening.
Could be that. I'll have to be more aware of that in the future. Hence, if anyone is getting missing images:
Restart game
Reload save when you had images last.

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes