Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Moment of truth...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Let's fucking GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Enjoy, Mac builds actually the most up to date version for the next few days. We had to mess with how flags are programmed in, which effects existing saves, so we're working on an automatic save converter so nobody has to restart.

But since Mac wasn't ever working in the first place, there are presumably no saves to convert anyway! So no point not releasing it.

Reactions: akselx and Laziness

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
Speaking of the saves, every one is time-coded to midnight, Jan 1st, 1CE

There's timeless, and then there's this lmao

(Also esc takes you out of the save and load menus, but not of the settings or history.)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Story Anon

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Speaking of the saves, every one is time-coded to midnight, Jan 1st, 1CE

There's timeless, and then there's this lmao

(Also esc takes you out of the save and load menus, but not of the settings or history.)
Lol yeah as you can see, I wanted to get the Mac build out to you guys as soon as it was in a vaguely playable state. Needs some more polish but we'll see that coming in the next few days.

Reactions: Laziness

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Looks like you were wrong about hearing it in some other game then, I skipped through till I got up to that part again and this music that plays is just called "ch3_bigbass.mp3" so it's most likely one of the tracks that was made for the game specifically.
Glad you enjoyed it!
That's actually an original piece for the game, which is why you're having such a hard time finding it.

You're welcome to the mp3 though!
Thank you, guys. Is it possible someone used took it and used it somewhere, because I'm sure I've heard it? Doesn't really matter, just slightly bugging me.
Also, Story Anon, am I wrong to assume you were inspired by Persona...well doesn't matter witch one, Person series, I guess.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Thank you, guys. Is it possible someone used took it and used it somewhere, because I'm sure I've heard it? Doesn't really matter, just slightly bugging me.
Also, Story Anon, am I wrong to assume you were inspired by Persona...well doesn't matter witch one, Person series, I guess.
It shouldn't be used in anything else as far as I know, I doubt anyone's ran off with the song in the last 6 months since it was made.

There's definitely a little Persona 4/5 in the feeling of the game, yeah.

Reactions: akselx

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
I don't know. I don't see any sort of error dump or anything in the terminal. It launches, gives the unity logo and goes black. Could be my machine but got another unity game off of f95 just to see and it launched
Shoot, can you see if there's a player log at:
~/.config/unity3d/upm.log

Vidaura

Jan 30, 2020
Very excited to see this update. I've been holding off on playing the Unity rebuild since with this sort of game I like to make saves every chapter so I can go back and replay particular parts.

Now it's full steam ahead!

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Why the hell I dont see this game in "Latest Updates" even though there is an update?
Its strange, am I the only one that can't find it in there?
The only reason I know about the update is because itch sent me an email about it!

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Why the hell I dont see this game in "Latest Updates" even though there is an update?
Its strange, am I the only one that can't find it in there?
The only reason I know about the update is because itch sent me an email about it!
New soundtrack and critical Mac build fix doesn't count I guess.

Reactions: Vizer007

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Speaking of the new soundtrack, I remember talk a while back about a patch to restore the original soundtrack.
I'm guessing that's on hiatus until the real issues are fixed lol
Lol yeah that's way down the road, post finish.

• Haha
Reactions: Laziness

bobdickgus

Apr 9, 2020
Loved this game when it was renpy, I played the android version then the pc version and encountered the shit minigame that was thankfully missing from the android version. Shame it is now unity and I won't play it anymore as i loved the story before. If anyone does a renpy remake in the future I would definitely play it.

Reactions: Motoko Kusanagi

phaserstostun

Jan 28, 2019
When an audio track switches over, I'm experiencing skipping of the first couple notes for 5-10 seconds before the track starts playing normally. SSD, not HDD, very much doubt it's a hardware issue.

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
When an audio track switches over, I'm experiencing skipping of the first couple notes for 5-10 seconds before the track starts playing normally. SSD, not HDD, very much doubt it's a hardware issue.
Have you been skipping through text, or have it on auto advance?
I've noticed it happening a few times when I was doing that.

Jul 20, 2017
Shoot, can you see if there's a player log at:
~/.config/unity3d/upm.log
That file doesn't get generated but ~/.config/unity3d/Lightning Rooster Productions/OoT/Player.log says the following:

You said something about forward vs back slashes right? Seems that is the issue and the game can't find the COMBATSCRIPTS folder. Iirc windows supports both forward and back slashes. At least powershell does and some programs know that if they are on windows "/" for directories mean "\"

EDIT: Yeah it seems that unity actually encourages forward slash use on windows too. Windows has also loosened how strictly it uses backslashes. Some links:

Last edited:

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
That file doesn't get generated but ~/.config/unity3d/Lightning Rooster Productions/OoT/Player.log says the following:

You said something about forward vs back slashes right? Seems that is the issue and the game can't find the COMBATSCRIPTS folder. Iirc windows supports both forward and back slashes. At least powershell does and some programs know that if they are on windows "/" for directories mean "\"

EDIT: Yeah it seems that unity actually encourages forward slash use on windows too. Windows has also loosened how strictly it uses backslashes. Some links:

That log is super helpful, thank you!

We think we’ve got a fix in the works shortly

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes