Pudthumper

Nov 20, 2017
Unity man, Renpy is just so much better as an engine. JoiPlay and Renpy is perfect for Android. It's so sad that devs make these dumbass self defeating decisions. I have a resolution problem too with blurry ass text even on PC.
That doesn't actually explain it. I have played other unity games ported for Android, so why not this one?

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
That doesn't actually explain it. I have played other unity games ported for Android, so why not this one?
Snow made a post about this two pages ago.

Hey there, I'm Snow the programmer. Just wanted to answer this so people will understand exactly what this is all about. It is indeed correct that it will require more work than a typical apk install as apks have a 4gb limit and basic apks have to contain all the assets in that 4gb. This is because an apk is just a variation on zip32 files which have that limit. Unity's way around this is with downloadable asset packages, of which we are using the asset bundle format. Normally I would just code the game to download these automatically, but we aren't exactly funded to support a live file delivery server like that(maybe someday), so instead those bundles will need to b downloaded manually and copied to the correct place on your device's file system. I'm hopeful this won't be too difficult for the average user, but I just won't know until I actually start assembling that build.

Real life issues and other obligations have been slowing up my work and likely will continue to do so for the next several weeks but pending the last cleanup for QoL features I'm working on, Android is next on the list. Beyond that however, I can honestly give no idea how long it will take until I've done it. Anyone wanting to keep tabs on the progress, I urge you to join our discord server where I'm much more readily available.

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
I do have to agree that skipping on this new engine is still kind of a pain in the ass. The pauses where the render changes slow down the skipping immensely. The last version I had to do a lot of skipping and it took forever. I also ran into a bug that fucked the game up during the battle with cro that I ran into due to skipping and ended up having to redo a bunch all over again. Glad I didn't have to mess with all of that this update.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Unity export is garbage and there are no third party programs that can play unity apps on android.
Yes as we all know, Genshin runs on Ren'py Android.

I do have to agree that skipping on this new engine is still kind of a pain in the ass. The pauses where the render changes slow down the skipping immensely. The last version I had to do a lot of skipping and it took forever. I also ran into a bug that fucked the game up during the battle with cro that I ran into due to skipping and ended up having to redo a bunch all over again. Glad I didn't have to mess with all of that this update.
Skip ignores transitions as of 1.48, shouldn't be an issue.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Definitely glad to hear that. (y)
Thank you for putting up with all the rough edges while we get things working. It may seem odd now, but the new functionality afforded by the rebuild will be used for some things that will really set this game apart.

If you've enjoyed the game so far, you'll have much more to look forward to in the near future.

Reactions: jhustrue

ewind100

Mar 17, 2019
just started playing yesterday and gotta ask, is this game linear ? so far i reach chapter 7 (or is it 8 ?) and the only choice is choosing the place to go ? is there any risk if i accidentally choose the correct place to continue the story ? will there be choosing of girl to focus ?
Story Anon keep up the good work (wo)man. the story got a little but cringey for me, but damn, it's good. One of the story that i don't want to skip.

Reactions: Story Anon

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
just started playing yesterday and gotta ask, is this game linear ? so far i reach chapter 7 (or is it 8 ?) and the only choice is choosing the place to go ? is there any risk if i accidentally choose the correct place to continue the story ? will there be choosing of girl to focus ?
Story Anon keep up the good work (wo)man. the story got a little but cringey for me, but damn, it's good. One of the story that i don't want to skip.
The game has a linear main storyline with minor closed loop branching and lots of planned side content.

Each girl has an arc but you do all of them, you don't have to choose between them.

Harry6hp

Jan 17, 2020
will there be a compressed or lite version ?
The game is really great and I really like the story so much but I havent played the game after switching to Unity.
Will try downloading the original game if there wont be a compressed one coming out

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
will there be a compressed or lite version ?
The game is really great and I really like the story so much but I havent played the game after switching to Unity.
Will try downloading the original game if there wont be a compressed one coming out
There is currently no compressed version.

Reactions: Harry6hp

Bogman

Mar 10, 2018
hi i seem to have a problem with the 1.48 version. when i extract it it gives me a lot of errors about unkown method to all the files, but despite the errors it extracts the folder but when i try to open it it says it cannt run on my pc. i still have 1.34 and it runs with no problems. any help?

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
hi i seem to have a problem with the 1.48 version. when i extract it it gives me a lot of errors about unkown method to all the files, but despite the errors it extracts the folder but when i try to open it it says it cannt run on my pc. i still have 1.34 and it runs with no problems. any help?
Are you running a 32 bit processor by any chance?

Edit: My only other guess is that you tried to unzip the .7z file with something other than 7-zip and that screwed it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bogman

Bogman

Mar 10, 2018
Are you running a 32 bit processor by any chance?

Edit: My only other guess is that you tried to unzip the .7z file with something other than 7-zip and that screwed it up.
i run a x64 bit.
i used winrar.
after your reply i instaled 7-bit and it worked.
thanks i didn't had this problem until now

Reactions: Story Anon

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
i run a x64 bit.
i used winrar.
after your reply i instaled 7-bit and it worked.
thanks i didn't had this problem until now
Winrar and 7zip arent the best of friends.. Usually works, but sometimes winrar does some very very weird things with 7zip files.

Reactions: Bogman

iwassnow

Jul 14, 2019
Unity export is garbage and there are no third party programs that can play unity apps on android.
This is completely off. You don't use third party programs nor do you "export" a unity app for android. Unity compiles direcetly for android, meaning you do neither of those things. It's substantially more work for developers to adjust for the uniqueness of the device, but we're going to be doing just that. If your complaint about the use of unity by us(or any developers for that matter) is that there is no emulator program that runs unity windows apps, then I'm afraid you just don't understand how it works. Nobody will need any special third party programs for this game to run on Android (except maybe 7z to make installation a little easier), it will simply run like any app from the play store with the execption that you will need to copy the asset bundles to a specific location yourself because we lack a delivery server.

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes