buff

May 29, 2017
If only.

As much as I wish that everyone had access to a PC, something like 40% of our download analytics are for Android.
Yeah, I don't blame you one whit, and I'd do the same if I was creating games. It would just be nice if the SDKs didn't suck. Android is basically a Linux distro, and yet it's a beast to get stuff ported to it.

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Yeah, I don't blame you one whit, and I'd do the same if I was creating games. It would just be nice if the SDKs didn't suck. Android is basically a Linux distro, and yet it's a beast to get stuff ported to it.
If we knew we’d be able to keep the entire game within the 4gb .apk limit, the port would be no problem. Since we’re almost certain to go above that (And not too far in the future either) we have to future proof it up front so that it can load exterior asset bundles without making your phone explode.

buff

May 29, 2017
If we knew we’d be able to keep the entire game within the 4gb .apk limit, the port would be no problem. Since we’re almost certain to go above that (And not too far in the future either) we have to future proof it up front so that it can load exterior asset bundles without making your phone explode.
Interesting. Most of that limit is CGs, right? Mobile devices have small screens anyway, is the strategy to just scale down the graphics or use lossy compression?

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Interesting. Most of that limit is CGs, right? Mobile devices have small screens anyway, is the strategy to just scale down the graphics or use lossy compression?
Right now it's a pretty even split between CGs and music with the animations for Ch15 taking up quite a bit as well. Once we switch to rendered combat, that'll be a bit of an upfront bump but should keep our overall file size growth manageable over time.

The soundtrack wont get much bigger over time but the CGs are going to keep growing linearly until the end, a final game size of 10gb+ for the PC version is very likely even with jpg/webp compression.

Voightram

Dec 25, 2020
Wait, does Vol. 2 not have CGs? It was a white screen for me, with characters dialog at the bottom. I saved/loaded and it put me back at the fight with Cro

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Wait, does Vol. 2 not have CGs? It was a white screen for me, with characters dialog at the bottom. I saved/loaded and it put me back at the fight with Cro
There's a pretty uncommon bug where if you skip through a chapter transition too fast, you'll actually skip faster than it can load the new images.

Reactions: Voightram

Johrby

Apr 9, 2019
The battle sequence with cro was infuriating. I don't know if I'm going to start the game back up again. I didn't realize until the end that the hostage's health needed to be full, but every time I tried to heal them, cro blocked it. The hostage "died" but the battle didn't end or restart, I was stuck continuously trying to heal a dead person. What's even better is that I have no idea when my last save was because I had no clue that I was about to go into a battle that potentially wouldn't end. I was really enjoying the story, but please rework that battle

Reactions: LivingUnderARock

buff

May 29, 2017
I download the game by mistake, i though it was ren'py :ROFLMAO: (i hate unity VNs for multiple reasons, mainly because of speed/performance), but since it was already downloaded I decided to gave it a try... And i liked it... Well, i was liking it... until i saw it... I saw the fucking thing that i hate more than NTR... MULTIPLES PROTAGS... :mad:

And YOU KNOW WHAT? That's MY OWN FUCKING FAULT, I knew the tag was hidden (fishy, but let's let it slip) but gave it a try anyway.
Eh, give it a chance. It's multiple POVs more than multiple protags, really. There is only one guy, it's the MC, the girls are all his harem.

The perspective shifts can be a little annoying, but they let you see a lot of cool stuff you otherwise wouldn't. Plus, it lets the MC do the "doofus anime protagonist" shtick without us having to endure his dumbness 24x7.

Pipsqueak

Jul 26, 2018
There's song I really enjoy in the soundtrack that I couldn't find in the 82 song playlist or by googling the lyrics. I think it's a synthwave cover of How do I ease the pain by Lisa Fischer

I checked the musicbundle folder and found it under the name In_love. do you have a link to the song anon?

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
Worth the $5. I realize I'm saying this on F95, but still.... worth it.
Well, you can see many people having their patreon supported games under their avatar.
So you can also think of F95 has a "discovery" site. No one is gonna complain that you are giving money to.. (most) devs.
XD

Reactions: Laziness

buff

May 29, 2017
Well, you can see many people having their patreon supported games under their avatar.
So you can also think of F95 has a "discovery" site. No one is gonna complain that you are giving money to.. (most) devs.
XD
Yeah, for sure, and I think most developers realize the exposure is worth far, far more than the handful of would-be patrons that opt for a piratical route instead. About half the Patreons and SS games that I follow I found here.

And, btw, you'd be surprised. There is a gaggle of people here who not only do not support the games (which is fine-- it's not like pirating a game you weren't going to buy actually costs the dev something), but also vehemently bitch about people who *do* support a game if the developer is not releasing quickly enough. The thinking is apparently to punish the dev for not delivering, but they overlook the fact that to a dev this is basically a side-job. There are certainly a handful of cynical jerks milking a game they stopped working on, but the vast majority are not likely to sink *more* time into a project that stopped generating income.

Reactions: ElukiaTV
4.60 star(s) 228 Votes