cavaemon

May 29, 2018
pretty good game so far but im wondering about how often is the upload and time it takes to produce each version that comes out public? im sure many improvements are done or being done but I feel art wise it could have more done in the background and little touch ups here and there for characters? I like how each room looks but they seem empty and besides the inn room I feel that had less as well. not trying to put more work on your lap its great as I know it seems to be fairly new I just played it but if your planning to add more stuff in the future I can say I am happy with how quick it gets the barebones done :) I feel it isn't too bare but you have given me a great glimpse in what this game can bring and do :)

Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
pretty good game so far but im wondering about how often is the upload and time it takes to produce each version that comes out public? im sure many improvements are done or being done but I feel art wise it could have more done in the background and little touch ups here and there for characters? I like how each room looks but they seem empty and besides the inn room I feel that had less as well. not trying to put more work on your lap its great as I know it seems to be fairly new I just played it but if your planning to add more stuff in the future I can say I am happy with how quick it gets the barebones done :) I feel it isn't too bare but you have given me a great glimpse in what this game can bring and do :)
I believe I am one of the fastest devs when it comes to releases with content, you can read the changelog or check my discord's announcements, both contain release dates.
One thing you'll notice in my changelog is that some updates take as little as a week and sometimes contain way more than a 10/11 days build, that happens because I have a job irl (which takes priority) but sometimes also because a feature (which offers little content) takes a bit to make. I never took "too long" to release though, a minimum of two builds a month is something you can easily expect.

Empty rooms are a creative choice I took: I had a bunch of notes from people here on why sandboxes are bad and tried to fix those problems (clicking Momonga's token to know your next objective and so on), simple/empty maps were one of those attempted "fixes";

In a fully furnished room, people would try to click objects that do nothing and waste their time.
I once saw a person having a problem with their eyesight and missing an object in a minigame (in milfy city, I reckon?) where you'd have to click around (again, because of a furnished room with too much stuff), so I have decided to leave the navigation maps as simple as possible while still nice to look at.
There are some exceptions such as the throne room which contains columns and, to avoid making the rooms feel TOO simple, I have decided to also add ground/wall decorations such as windows, carpets, doors, etc. Stuff no one would attempt to click.
Almost all maps have furniture though... If you view a CG in Momonga's or even Albedo's room, you will be able to see the same exact room but with furniture.

Some characters will be redone fairly soon (R17), whereas other things have been improved with the introduction of animations (only a character so far) in R16, plus some misc ones.
R17 builds on that by adding yet another new character with animations and the integration with the gallery.
Some of the things are indeed quite old and need to be redone, however, I do that in little quantities because when given the choice, I prefer to add new content rather than going back to redo old stuff.

I did finish R14 with a run where Albedo was my wife but I didn't find anyway to get Shalltear as a second wife?

It is probably in R15 then, unless you missed the event.
Another requirement is to have killed Clementine, and it is quite hard to find it... Her event is a moment before you resurrect the lizardmen, once you do, the event is gone.
If you have to yet resurrect them and R14 ends there, then it is R15 content.

MattSS

Apr 30, 2018
Another requirement is to have killed Clementine, and it is quite hard to find it... Her event is a moment before you resurrect the lizardmen, once you do, the event is gone.
By before, you mean immediately before? Because I did another run where I married Albedo, killed Clementine, went through the whole thing with the lizardmen, and all that's left is for me to head to their village and resurrect them, and yet I can't find Shalltear in any point of the game map.

8888888s

Jan 8, 2020
Honestly, surprised by how much i liked it after being initially put off by the 3d aspect. I think the human models for Ainz could use some work, especially the black one. Looking forward to updates on this project!

cavaemon

May 29, 2018
I believe I am one of the fastest devs when it comes to releases with content, you can read the changelog or check my discord's announcements, both contain release dates.
One thing you'll notice in my changelog is that some updates take as little as a week and sometimes contain way more than a 10/11 days build, that happens because I have a job irl (which takes priority) but sometimes also because a feature (which offers little content) takes a bit to make. I never took "too long" to release though, a minimum of two builds a month is something you can easily expect.

Empty rooms are a creative choice I took: I had a bunch of notes from people here on why sandboxes are bad and tried to fix those problems (clicking Momonga's token to know your next objective and so on), simple/empty maps were one of those attempted "fixes";

In a fully furnished room, people would try to click objects that do nothing and waste their time.
I once saw a person having a problem with their eyesight and missing an object in a minigame (in milfy city, I reckon?) where you'd have to click around (again, because of a furnished room with too much stuff), so I have decided to leave the navigation maps as simple as possible while still nice to look at.
There are some exceptions such as the throne room which contains columns and, to avoid making the rooms feel TOO simple, I have decided to also add ground/wall decorations such as windows, carpets, doors, etc. Stuff no one would attempt to click.
Almost all maps have furniture though... If you view a CG in Momonga's or even Albedo's room, you will be able to see the same exact room but with furniture.

Some characters will be redone fairly soon (R17), whereas other things have been improved with the introduction of animations (only a character so far) in R16, plus some misc ones.
R17 builds on that by adding yet another new character with animations and the integration with the gallery.
Some of the things are indeed quite old and need to be redone, however, I do that in little quantities because when given the choice, I prefer to add new content rather than going back to redo old stuff.

okaay cool I was gonna say even if you didn't put a vase or desks or bookcases in every room I consider the room pretty thought out where you would do so later lol. yeah thx for the reply about that and time frames on updates. you and some other devs are quick like in a week span update wise.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
By before, you mean immediately before? Because I did another run where I married Albedo, killed Clementine, went through the whole thing with the lizardmen, and all that's left is for me to head to their village and resurrect them, and yet I can't find Shalltear in any point of the game map.
Immediately before.
Exactly at the point in which Ainz says:

"I need to go to the lizardmen's village and resurrect Zaryusu."
"(I should take a look at the world map...)"

Instead of going to their village, go back to Nazarick in the Adipocere Chambers.
If you have married Albedo, you will trigger the event to get Shalltear as second wife, if you have not married albedo nor confessed to anyone else yet, you will trigger the event to get Shalltear as main wife (one of the events anyways).

Seipherwood

Sep 8, 2017
Does this game has "trap" H content with Mare? or any H content with Mare at all?
He has no plans for M/M Content =(

What version will we be able to do something with our captures? We've had that general girl since day 1 but never got to do anything, then theres Clementine and wasnt there another girl we captured? Never got to do anything with any of em. Seems a waste to straight up kill her without doing anything first >.>

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
He has no plans for M/M Content =(

What version will we be able to do something with our captures? We've had that general girl since day 1 but never got to do anything, then theres Clementine and wasnt there another girl we captured? Never got to do anything with any of em. Seems a waste to straight up kill her without doing anything first >.>
You mean Neimel? There is a scene for her.

Only captured women you can't do anything with rn are Clementine and Kurome.

gtz-god

Jan 4, 2019
ok i try to make a harem but it hard i think i need a walkthought if harem possibly and i ok if you want to add gay tag for brother i dont think man love a bad thing and we are a god basic in this game changing one sex is easy for someone as powerful as lord ainz i dont see a way for harem after get snow girl the wolf girl cant say yes but then snow girl say we can have many wife so i load back before i talk to wolf girl and did the event where snow girl say we can have many girl but the wolf girl room was gone

Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
the ring dont gain more point
It is a bug fixed in R16.

ok i try to make a harem but it hard i think i need a walkthought if harem possibly and i ok if you want to add gay tag for brother i dont think man love a bad thing and we are a god basic in this game changing one sex is easy for someone as powerful as lord ainz i dont see a way for harem after get snow girl the wolf girl cant say yes but then snow girl say we can have many wife so i load back before i talk to wolf girl and did the event where snow girl say we can have many girl but the wolf girl room was gone
Making a harem is not yet possible, it will be possible only in the "end game" content.
Closest thing to an harem right now is Albedo, Shalltear, Neimel and then minor npcs such as Jhaiza and prostitutes.

ok cant tell wolf girl even if dont have a wife maybe i need more r point to get her

You can confess to Lupusregina and others ONLY if you have not confessed to other people prior to her, marriage then happens on the "end of season", which then introduces a new batch of characters for you to confess to if you got to that point without a wife.

mecha_froggy

Oct 17, 2018
Ritalin-1-600x600.jpg

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
Out of curiosity...How many episodes should I watch to know the characters of this game well enough to make the most out of playing this game?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Out of curiosity...How many episodes should I watch to know the characters of this game well enough to make the most out of playing this game?

Comedy purposes, he has at least a few side events and some partecipation in some mirror events depending on whom is alive (Clementine, Neimel, and so on). He also gets along with the Death Knight, but I have yet to write a few events for those two, they're not a high priority.

To know the characters the best, you should read the LN.
Otherwise just go ahead and watch all three seasons of Overlord, it's a good anime although the second season is a little poor.

Reactions: Hercule_Poirot

peixe751

Jul 7, 2017

This game is literally the Plot from LN/Anime + Hentai, not really necessary watching the anime just for that, since you are going to be kinda seeing the same thing here and there, but it does makes the game better.

GodDarkChaos

May 5, 2018
Is there any walkthrough? I didnt get any scene with major chararecters. should i choose marry them if i want to sex?

4.00 star(s) 30 Votes