Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Winterfire I noticed that even though I have all the event's in the mirror that it is only saying 96% is that a bug or entended?
A bug, the mirror thinks there are 32 events as opposed to 31. Added an empty spot extra by mistake. It will be fixed in R21!

Oboe

Nov 17, 2019
R19 does not launch on my Linux box. Checking the thread here, at one point I know this game had corrupted ren'py linux libraries.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
R19 does not launch on my Linux box. Checking the thread here, at one point I know this game had corrupted ren'py linux libraries.
No clue what the problem is... Ren'py was freshly downloaded recently and the built zip is distributed as is (At least on my patreon page).

Oboe

Nov 17, 2019
This is what I get when I ^C out of the shell script.

bash OverlordH.sh
^CTraceback (most recent call last):
File "/data4/media/Games/OverlordH/OverlordH-19-pc/OverlordH.py", line 198, in <module>
main()
File "/data4/media/Games/OverlordH/OverlordH-19-pc/OverlordH.py", line 195, in main
renpy.bootstrap.bootstrap(renpy_base)
File "/data4/media/Games/OverlordH/OverlordH-19-pc/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/data4/media/Games/OverlordH/OverlordH-19-pc/renpy/main.py", line 488, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "/data4/media/Games/OverlordH/OverlordH-19-pc/renpy/execution.py", line 565, in run
node.execute()
File "/data4/media/Games/OverlordH/OverlordH-19-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 1013, in execute
img = renpy.python.py_eval_bytecode(self.code.bytecode)
File "/data4/media/Games/OverlordH/OverlordH-19-pc/renpy/python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/gallery/cg.rpy", line 421, in <module>
File "game/gallery/gallery_setup.rpy", line 4, in MaxScale
File "/data4/media/Games/OverlordH/OverlordH-19-pc/renpy/exports.py", line 2287, in image_size
surf = im.load()
File "/data4/media/Games/OverlordH/OverlordH-19-pc/renpy/display/im.py", line 628, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "/data4/media/Games/OverlordH/OverlordH-19-pc/renpy/display/pgrender.py", line 153, in load_image
surf = pygame.image.load(f, renpy.exports.fsencode(filename))
KeyboardInterrupt

I'm hardly a ren'py expert. I dabble a bit in python. Is there a MD5SUM or SHASUM of R19 so I can see if there are issues with my download?

Thanks.

Oboe.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
This is what I get when I ^C out of the shell script.

bash OverlordH.sh
^CTraceback (most recent call last):
File "/data4/media/Games/OverlordH/OverlordH-19-pc/OverlordH.py", line 198, in <module>
main()
File "/data4/media/Games/OverlordH/OverlordH-19-pc/OverlordH.py", line 195, in main
renpy.bootstrap.bootstrap(renpy_base)
File "/data4/media/Games/OverlordH/OverlordH-19-pc/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "/data4/media/Games/OverlordH/OverlordH-19-pc/renpy/main.py", line 488, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "/data4/media/Games/OverlordH/OverlordH-19-pc/renpy/execution.py", line 565, in run
node.execute()
File "/data4/media/Games/OverlordH/OverlordH-19-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 1013, in execute
img = renpy.python.py_eval_bytecode(self.code.bytecode)
File "/data4/media/Games/OverlordH/OverlordH-19-pc/renpy/python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/gallery/cg.rpy", line 421, in <module>
File "game/gallery/gallery_setup.rpy", line 4, in MaxScale
File "/data4/media/Games/OverlordH/OverlordH-19-pc/renpy/exports.py", line 2287, in image_size
surf = im.load()
File "/data4/media/Games/OverlordH/OverlordH-19-pc/renpy/display/im.py", line 628, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "/data4/media/Games/OverlordH/OverlordH-19-pc/renpy/display/pgrender.py", line 153, in load_image
surf = pygame.image.load(f, renpy.exports.fsencode(filename))
KeyboardInterrupt

I'm hardly a ren'py expert. I dabble a bit in python. Is there a MD5SUM or SHASUM of R19 so I can see if there are issues with my download?

Thanks.

Oboe.
Both a .py and a .sh is included... What exactly happens if you double click the sh and then press "Run"?
Depending on your machine, it may take a while for the game to boot up (up to a minute on an old laptop).

If executing the .sh brings an error, it'd be helpful if you showed me said error and then you could try running the .py instead and see if it works.

If it returns an error, can you try this instead: ?
The version on patreon was built by ren'py and uploaded as is, I do not know if the build here was repacked and somehow broke linux's compatibility.

Oboe

Nov 17, 2019
(lots of stuff deleted) I waited a bit longer and it's up. It just launches a little slow. Sorry for the false negative. Stock running of f the sh works fine. Just wait a bit.

Reactions: Winterfire

airze

Feb 8, 2018
Both a .py and a .sh is included... What exactly happens if you double click the sh and then press "Run"?
Depending on your machine, it may take a while for the game to boot up (up to a minute on an old laptop).

If executing the .sh brings an error, it'd be helpful if you showed me said error and then you could try running the .py instead and see if it works.

If it returns an error, can you try this instead: ?
The version on patreon was built by ren'py and uploaded as is, I do not know if the build here was repacked and somehow broke linux's compatibility.
my desktop is by no means new (little over a year old 10 of 2018 and was top of the line at that time) but it takes about 2 min at times from clicking the program till it shows and it seems to get longer every new release just a heads up

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
my desktop is by no means new (little over a year old 10 of 2018 and was top of the line at that time) but it takes about 2 min at times from clicking the program till it shows and it seems to get longer every new release just a heads up
Nothing I can do about that, unfortunately.
Ren'Py wants to read *everything* before booting for some reason, so the more I add, the more it wants to read every single thing.
I am not a ren'py expert by any means so if someone has any suggestion, do let me know. I have looked for solutions but had no luck :p

airze

Feb 8, 2018
Nothing I can do about that, unfortunately.
Ren'Py wants to read *everything* before booting for some reason, so the more I add, the more it wants to read every single thing.
I am not a ren'py expert by any means so if someone has any suggestion, do let me know. I have looked for solutions but had no luck :p
ya wasn't sure if you knew so I just want to point it out as for a fix iv never worked on ren'py so I couldn't even come close to giving a fix he'll last program I wrote I used binary that tells a lot about the way I like to program lmao

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
ya wasn't sure if you knew so I just want to point it out as for a fix iv never worked on ren'py so I couldn't even come close to giving a fix he'll last program I wrote I used binary that tells a lot about the way I like to program lmao
Nevermind, I asked for help in this forum/f95zone discord earlier and it was an issue with my gallery's code. It'll be fixed in R21!

Fake Rabi ~

Oct 22, 2018
I manage to get my hands on R19 android version and I notice that the golden princess (princess renner) is missing, is she gonna be added in the future?

YinBlack

Sep 24, 2017
Hi, I have a doubt. Do nazarick members have relationships with anyone other than momonga? How does the prostitution label be prostituted? Or is it simply pro that there are prostitutes in the game?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Hi, I have a doubt. Do nazarick members have relationships with anyone other than momonga? How does the prostitution label be prostituted? Or is it simply pro that there are prostitutes in the game?
There is no NTR and there will never be in this game.
Not only this is true for Momonga, but for any memeber of the cast, hence why Tuare or even Crusch will never be available.

Prostitution simply means that there are prostitute characters (Hilma and custom ones) in the game.

Seipherwood

Sep 8, 2017
Any chance well get a route where we capture Clementine & go fight Shalltear? It could make sense, in that Clem is a dex based fighter and most of Ainz seem Str based, so he would want someone else for more skills. So we could choose to capture clem and send shalltear to get someone str based and we'd go Shalltear route, or if we are fine with just Clem, we'd go the non shalltear route.

YinBlack

Sep 24, 2017
There is no NTR and there will never be in this game.
Not only this is true for Momonga, but for any memeber of the cast, hence why Tuare or even Crusch will never be available.

Prostitution simply means that there are prostitute characters (Hilma and custom ones) in the game.
haaa perfect. The prostitution label has me confused. thanks for the reply ;)

TheBlub

Jun 30, 2017
ok, i took a break from this game since i got confused a lot.
so can someone answer me the following:
is there the possibility for a harem? or do i have to pick only one character that i am allowed to get truely ecchi with?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
ok, i took a break from this game since i got confused a lot.
so can someone answer me the following:
is there the possibility for a harem? or do i have to pick only one character that i am allowed to get truely ecchi with?
Harem route will be late game content. Not yet available.

Reactions: TheBlub

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Any chance well get a route where we capture Clementine & go fight Shalltear? It could make sense, in that Clem is a dex based fighter and most of Ainz seem Str based, so he would want someone else for more skills. So we could choose to capture clem and send shalltear to get someone str based and we'd go Shalltear route, or if we are fine with just Clem, we'd go the non shalltear route.
Ability scores do not matter, Ainz does not care as he does not plan to use them himself anyways.
He is researching Martial skills so that they can be taught to another subject.

Shalltear route will happen regardless of that choice, it just happens 1 season sooner.

4.00 star(s) 30 Votes