chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Wow neat we already have some one star reviews about how this game parodies/rips off Overlord, what the hell?
The criticisms are subjective and are in all the games on the web. It's up to you to agree or not, your opinion will be equally respectable.

To me, for example, this game doesn't convey anything about Overlord's universe. The characters don't have the charisma and personality they should have and, above all, Koikatu's gestures or designs don't help to get into the atmosphere of an Overlord-themed game.

Last edited:

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
To me, for example, this game doesn't convey anything about Overlord's universe. The characters don't have the charisma they should have and, above all, Koikatu's gestures or designs don't help to get into the atmosphere of an Overlord-themed game.
You should probably edit the review by adding that or, in general, focus by speaking more about why the game sucks.
By beginning to talk about Patreon, SAO and other unrelated things you are breaking the rules regarding reviews AFAIK.

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
You should probably edit the review by adding that or, in general, focus by speaking more about why the game sucks.
By beginning to talk about Patreon, SAO and other unrelated things you are breaking the rules regarding reviews AFAIK.
I'm not breaking anything. In my critique I can tell what I want according to what I see, and what I see is that this game is called Overlord H just for trying to recreate the characters in Koikatu, where, for example, Albedo, more than a sadistic leader, obsessed with ainz looks more like a schoolgirl on her first day of class.

I would give her 4 or 5 stars if instead of horrible 3D art with expressions that that don't fit the characters there was more credible 2D art, even if the story is better or worse.

Last edited:

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I'm not breaking anything. In my critique I can tell what I want according to what I see, and what I see is no lie. I'm just saying that this game is called Overlord H just for trying to recreate the characters in Koikatu, where, for example, Albedo more than a sadistic leader, Ainz-obsessed looks more like a schoolgirl on her first day of class.

I would give her 4 or 5 stars if instead of horrible 3D art with expressions that that don't fit the characters there was more credible 2D art, even if the story is better or worse.
Do not get me wrong, I do not really mind negative reviews.

It is just that that review composed of 66 words, only 16 of them actually speak about the game, you did a better review in these two comments alone than the actual review.

As for Albedo, she may be a sadist to humans but when it comes to Ainz, she will be not. It would make zero sense.
I always double check each expression, so I am fairly sure that they fit the current dialogue but I can believe the horrible 3D art, unfortunately, if I were to attempt 2D (again) I'd end up with something even worse.

Reactions: Ezra

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Sorry if OT but I think posting reviews on games so early in development shouldn't be allowed at all.

In fact, I'd go as far as say only completed games should have a review tab but I'm sure this is a minority opinion on this site.

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
You have the right not to worry about negative criticism. I'm not going to be the one to tell you how to make your game, but as a follower of Overlord, after playing this R2 phase, he hasn't given me much of the world, especially as character samples.

Last edited:

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
... I have never said I do not care about negative criticism. I have said I do not mind it, it is different.

My whole point was that you can write a fully negative review about the game alone rather than a single sentence and then spend the rest of the time talking about patreon.

Anyways, I do not wish to go further OT so that is all from me.

Reactions: dokigoku95

TheBlub

Jun 30, 2017
so, i know that the game does not contain a real virus (otherwise there wouldn´t be the majority defending it). but i still have the problem of not being able to have acess to the exe file since my antivirus won´t allow it. how can i play the game? is there a trick or do i have towait for a new realease or similar?

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
TheBlub You have 2 methods.
But first, if you kept the zip file you downloaded, open it and look for the "exe" file. If you can see it, you can skip the download steps in 1-2. If you can't see it, either the antivirus removed it during the download or during the extraction in which case it can delete the exe inside the zip file. (Bitdefender will do that)

1- Navigate to the download window for the game, shut down all other browsers and all other pages so you only have one browser page up showing the download link. Then turn antivirus off, download the game, extract it and move them to where you want them to live. Then go to antivirus and set up exclusions. Add the exe or the folder/zip to exclusion list and turn on the antivirus. Run the game to be certain. If it runs, shut it down and try again. It should run again. Double check to make sure av is on and then browse again.
2 - Make a folder and give it a NAME to remind you it might be a risky folder. Give the folder exclusion from your av. Download the game into there and extract into that same folder. Check to make sure the antivirus didn't delete the exe during the download because it's still on. If it works, good. But remember the next time you download anything, change it back to your normal spot so it doesn't get excluded.

Last edited:

Fusidrive

Feb 24, 2018
where, for example, Albedo, more than a sadistic leader, obsessed with ainz looks more like a schoolgirl on her first day of class.
Have u read Overlord LN which is the source for the anime? Because Albedo acts exactly like a school girl on her first day of class when she is with Ainz or even when talking about Ainz to other characters. So I see nothing wrong with the way Albedo is characterized here.

Winterfire
As for the game itself, I must say, I expected something terrible when i tried it, but i was pleasantly surprised with how decent it is for being at such an early stage. I like how u have implemented the movement around Nazarick and the character models are also serviceable for now. I hope u give Yuri some love here in the future :D

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Have u read Overlord LN which is the source for the anime? Because Albedo acts exactly like a school girl on her first day of class when she is with Ainz or even when talking about Ainz to other characters. So I see nothing wrong with the way Albedo is characterized here.
Albedo is totally loyal to Ainz and, NO, she doesn't act like a child on her first day of school. She's in love with Ainz because she programmed (edited) by Ainz when the servers closed (in fact her previous programming was to be a nymphomaniac), but her love is more of a sadistic love because she carries it in her programming, it's an obsession, and by itself, on the cover image of this game, it shows a shy Albedo that seems to be being harassed. Bad start.

Albedo is jealous when it comes to Ainz, but she's not a shy girl, she's a LEADER who, first and foremost, serves her master obediently, even though that means having to face the other floor guards. In the end, he does not reproach that other floor guards, such as Shalltear, may also become Ainz's wives because he considers that his master may have several wives or concubines.

In short, Albedo is not shy, as you see in the game. Above all, she's a devil and a maximum authority, that's why, with Koikatu, Albedo is not achieved, and if it's not achieved, you can't get into an Overlord story.

Last edited:
Reactions: Konstantinus

Fusidrive

Feb 24, 2018
Albedo is totally loyal to Ainz and, NO, she doesn't act like a child on her first day of school. She's in love with Ainz because she programmed (edited) by Ainz when the servers closed (in fact her previous programming was to be a nymphomaniac), but her love is more of a sadistic love because she carries it in her programming, it's an obsession, and by itself, on the cover image of this game, it shows a shy Albedo that seems to be being harassed. Bad start.

Albedo is jealous when it comes to Ainz, but she's not a shy girl, she's a LEADER who, first and foremost, serves her master obediently, even though that means having to face the other floor guards. In the end, he does not reproach that other floor guards, such as Shalltear, may also become Ainz's wives because he considers that his master may have several wives or concubines.

In short, Albedo is not shy, as you see in the game. Above all, she's a devil and a maximum authority, that's why, with Koikatu, Albedo is not achieved, and if it's not achieved, you can't get into an Overlord story.
We haven't yet seen Albedo interact with anyone in this game outside of Ainz's presence. So its too early to judge whether or not she has that authoritarian side to her which is part of her Overseer role. With Ainz, the way she interacted is pretty much what happened in the LN. Besides, this being a sort of parody, i wldnt even begrudge the author making it more like the Ple Ple Pleiades/Isekai Quartet series version of Albedo.
It's just too early to give judgement to a game that has barely gone past its intro phase.

TheBlub

Jun 30, 2017
TheBlub You have 2 methods.
But first, if you kept the zip file you downloaded, open it and look for the "exe" file. If you can see it, you can skip the download steps in 1-2. If you can't see it, either the antivirus removed it during the download or during the extraction in which case it can delete the exe inside the zip file. (Bitdefender will do that)

1- Navigate to the download window for the game, shut down all other browsers and all other pages so you only have one browser page up showing the download link. Then turn antivirus off, download the game, extract it and move them to where you want them to live. Then go to antivirus and set up exclusions. Add the exe or the folder/zip to exclusion list and turn on the antivirus. Run the game to be certain. If it runs, shut it down and try again. It should run again. Double check to make sure av is on and then browse again.
2 - Make a folder and give it a NAME to remind you it might be a risky folder. Give the folder exclusion from your av. Download the game into there and extract into that same folder. Check to make sure the antivirus didn't delete the exe during the download because it's still on. If it works, good. But remember the next time you download anything, change it back to your normal spot so it doesn't get excluded.
thank you very much i was able to get the menu open. i will now finally play the game ^^

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018

Saying Albedo does not act like a schoolgirl is a big overstatement which kind of shows you probably did not read the LN, which there is nothing wrong with that.

Albedo has literally body pillowS of Momonga, in the anime this is shown and also how she uses them, not much different from a schoolgirl's love I'd say.

If you have read the LN...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As for how she behaves with other floor guardians, she is an overseer, I know this much. She will act childish in some instances but will stop right away when she needs to be serious. Her overseer abilities are never put in question and everyone obeys her.
The only exception which shows another "Schoolgirl" behavior is when Demiurge disagrees with letting Ainz go alone, at least in the anime, her reply is pretty school-girl like.

^So, when is all this shown in the game? Almost never, so far.
You really have to pay attention to the dialogue to get it (And even so, I do not remember how far R2 goes), her behavior towards other NPCs will be shown without any hints in the mirror, a token added in R4 to show extra scenes.
Those extra scenes are NPCs interacting with each other since the rest of the game is from a first person perspective (Ainz's perspective).

So will Albedo be sadistic then? Eh, not really.
Reality is that Albedo is never truly sadistic, there is no way anyone would put her into question: Floor guardians seek orders from her, also shown in the anime when Demiurge wants his order, and she does a lot of background stuff, so much so that if she were to leave Nazarick to go to E-rantel with Ainz, someone would need to take her place, someone like Cocytus or Demiurge.
She would probably be sadistic if they did not respect her or her orders but that never happens (Which is good for Nazarick to work properly).

So, does she, at the very least, act sadistic outside of work with other members? Sorry but no.
Even if you had not read the LN, just watch the anime with the bicorn scene, which by the way looks like a day out with fellow school girls.

The more you read the LN/Watch the anime, the more you will see that Nazarick members are chill with each other, for the most part. They have to consider each other allies and respect each other and their roles if they do not want everyting to fall apart.
If you have read the LN...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you want to see a HINT of Albedo being sadistic, bring her to carne village (R3?) with you and then do her route (R4).
At least some sentences will hint at her hate towards "insects" but you can get her full opinion about humans if you will also bring her to E-rantel in (hopefully) R5.

If you read thus far, you will be wondering, what is up with the whole "Just hints" thing?
It is simple: I do not want to go too in-depth with character feelings, their ideas, their opinions, their dreams, (...) there is the LN for that and, for some stuff, even the anime.
I expect fans of at least one of those two to play this game and know all that stuff from the get-go, which is the whole reason why I also take the liberty to skip the whole Carne Village fight and NPC interactions (in which Albedo would act sadistic towards humans). She will still hint at the key elements, though.

The reason why I do all this skipping is not because I am lazy but simply because all that stuff is boring.
Do not get me wrong, it is funny in the anime, it is funny in the LN but this is neither of those, this is a HENTAI game made by a fan in less than a month (1 month in a week! \o/).
The main focus will always be hentai where possible and things people may like (hence why of the Victim's new appearance, no one likes fetuses, I hope).
I could have took the easier route and make a trainer game but exactly because I am a fan I want to stay true to the lore as much as possible but if I will ever need to face the choice between 100% lore and hentai, I will always choose hentai like the true pervert I am.

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
XD, look, I'll summarize it for you with an image... And one that's already visible to everyone.
This is Albedo in the game talking to Ainz

402368_Screenshot03_1.png

And this is Albedo talking to Ainz

tenor.gif

It's not that I don't like character design. What I don't like is the lack of credibility of the character's personality.
I think this expression (from Koikatu too) suits Albedo better in such a situation.

Last edited:

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
XD, look, I'll summarize it for you with an image... And one that's already visible to everyone.
This is Albedo in the game talking to Ainz

View attachment 396468

And this is Albedo talking to Ainz

View attachment 396472

It's not that I don't like character design. What I don't like is the lack of credibility of the character's personality.
01.png

02.png

03.png
(Doh! Would you look at that?! It is actually the pose in the cover image! I had honestly no idea she did it during the intro, too).

04.png

Cannot believe I had to go through the first episode, which is by the way THE FIRST EPISODE OF THE ANIME, to prove that she won't flap her wings and assault Ainz off the throne.

First episode
First release which follows the lore.

Am I the only one that sees the connection or am I finally a mad man?

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
All right, look. At this time, I opened Koikatu, created an Albedo and gave it a face more faithful (or at least I think) to the captures you've made.

If you are using anime to create expressions... tell me which one looks more like she. (Only by the expression of the captures you've published. Not for the design.)

402368_Screenshot03_1.jpg

Last edited:

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I am not going to make 100 images of Albedo alone for each frame of the anime, not only it would not be sustainable in the long run and increase both the time between each release and the build size by a considerable amount with little to no return since it is only a minor detail but not even AAA VN Games (By AAA I mean japanese ones) have as many facial expressions as their anime equivalent, if any. They may have a set of expressions but they will be reused here and there, whereas rarely if ever anime frames are re-used.

I think I have proven my point enough already, I explained in a more or less nicely formatted wall of text why I think you are wrong and I also shown you that Albedo is totally capable of assuming a worried look, or even other looks outside of a sadistic one when it comes to Ainz.
Is it 1:1 with the anime equivalent? No and it does not need to be.
Is the expression shown by Albedo in the screenshot a worried look? Yes, which resembles the anime or the feeling of worry in the LN.

In a VN of such a format, facial expressions will always be general ones that can be reused throughout the story.
If you want an anime experience, go watch the anime.
If you want an anime experience with hentai, go find a hentai episode of Overlord if it exists and the proceed to link it to me for... Um... "Research purposes". :D

4.00 star(s) 30 Votes