chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Sure, but don't complain about the reviews. From the first point, I said that expressions are not achieved and you have proved me right with images in which I show you that more can be done.
As I said, I'm not looking for similarities with anime, I'm looking to immerse myself in a game that you're creating, and from the cover I haven't achieved it because you show me an Overlord with simple and cold characters.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
WTF. I have never, in any of my projects, complained about reviews, EVER.
The only thing I asked of you was to edit the review and make it focus on the game rather than speaking about Patreon and SAO, only to make it comply with this site rules. If anything, I took the extra step to make it stay rather than reporting it and having it deleted.

I have already told you that such a thing is unreasonable and why. I need to have general purpose expressions, I cannot go through the anime and stop at every frame to nail each and every expression, would not even make sense as the game quickly branches off from the anime anyways.

What *I* did prove to you is that Albedo is not a mindless sadist just for the sake of it.
She can act childish, She will act as a school girl and yes, she can have a worried look. Is that pictured in the game? Yes.
It may not be the way you want and for that I am sorry but there is nothing I can do about that.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
WTF. I have never, in any of my projects, complained about reviews, EVER.
The only thing I asked of you was to edit the review and make it focus on the game rather than speaking about Patreon and SAO, only to make it comply with this site rules. If anything, I took the extra step to make it stay rather than reporting it and having it deleted.

I have already told you that such a thing is unreasonable and why. I need to have general purpose expressions, I cannot go through the anime and stop at every frame to nail each and every expression, would not even make sense as the game quickly branches off from the anime anyways.

What *I* did prove to you is that Albedo is not a mindless sadist just for the sake of it.
She can act childish, She will act as a school girl and yes, she can have a worried look. Is that pictured in the game? Yes.
It may not be the way you want and for that I am sorry but there is nothing I can do about that.
The amount of you explaining that you can not satisfy the personal preference of a user/player is beyond me. There is no need for an explanation nor going in to detail of what if scenarios on what you can or can not do with the resources available to you.

I highly advice to simply ignore such posts entirely as you never ever can satisfy everyone. Make your game the way you intended and let no one make you change anything. If you start pleasing/explaining to someone suddenly everyone will make demands and suggestions and act entitled towards them.

Could the game be better? Yes. But so could alot of AAA Titles with (insert your own personal preference here) millions of dollars of budget who still cant satisfy everyone.

I dislike the entire story of "Days Gone" yet it is a game that i enjoyed. The fact of the matter is a user doesnt like the way a character is portrayed. He has 3 options

1. Ignore the game, be quiet about it and play something else.
2. State valid critique and offering help to improve the issues. However if that someone has no clue about how to make a game in the first place see option 1.
3. Make his own game and show everyone how its done.

You will never see me in this forum telling devs anything about game developing or how characters should look like. I can state that i dislike something but as i have no clue about game development my voice in this matter is of 0 value.

What i can do is tell devs how to write a story or a character in terms of dialouge, characteristics and similar stuff. As example i dislike NTR stories yet i wont talk against them as thats a personal preference which has nothing to do with a well written story. If i get an emotional reaction from a NTR game it works as intended. Even if the emotion is a bad one.

If a personal preference is not met the entire post is not critique but someone not getting his needs satisfied. Therefore i again strongy advice to ignore such posts as its wasted time and effort.

Good luck to your game and hopefully lots and lots of updates.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
The amount of you explaining that you can not satisfy the personal preference of a user/player is beyond me. There is no need for an explanation nor going in to detail of what if scenarios on what you can or can not do with the resources available to you.

I highly advice to simply ignore such posts entirely as you never ever can satisfy everyone. Make your game the way you intended and let no one make you change anything. If you start pleasing/explaining to someone suddenly everyone will make demands and suggestions and act entitled towards them.

Could the game be better? Yes. But so could alot of AAA Titles with (insert your own personal preference here) millions of dollars of budget who still cant satisfy everyone.

I dislike the entire story of "Days Gone" yet it is a game that i enjoyed. The fact of the matter is a user doesnt like the way a character is portrayed. He has 3 options

1. Ignore the game, be quiet about it and play something else.
2. State valid critique and offering help to improve the issues. However if that someone has no clue about how to make a game in the first place see option 1.
3. Make his own game and show everyone how its done.

You will never see me in this forum telling devs anything about game developing or how characters should look like. I can state that i dislike something but as i have no clue about game development my voice in this matter is of 0 value.

What i can do is tell devs how to write a story or a character in terms of dialouge, characteristics and similar stuff. As example i dislike NTR stories yet i wont talk against them as thats a personal preference which has nothing to do with a well written story. If i get an emotional reaction from a NTR game it works as intended. Even if the emotion is a bad one.

If a personal preference is not met the entire post is not critique but someone not getting his needs satisfied. Therefore i again strongy advice to ignore such posts as its wasted time and effort.

Good luck to your game and hopefully lots and lots of updates.
You are right but ignoring would feel rude plus he did raise some questions and points that a reader may have had in mind as well but did not directly ask themselves, so I thought I'd offer a detailed explanation that can be re-used in future should someone scroll through the comments or ask a similar question(s).

In fact, I could have gone more in detail by describing how it is easier to do a more detailed facial expression if you zoom so much into their face (Like he did in his example) but the style I am going for is different: I want to show a whole view of their body, as a hentai game I believe their diverse costumes and body builds are way more important when interacting with them during normal dialogue, of course different poses and zoomed in parts, including face, are a thing that I will do in CGs during the appropriate scenes.

As for changing too much, it is something I do not truly worry about.
I believe I am fairly good at accepting feedback and I know when to say no: In general, if it is about "Adding" to the current game, if possible, I will always do so as I did by reading reviews in other projects of mine, however, if it is about removing or changing too much at a point where my whole idea is scrapped, it will always be a no.

I believe if I take feedback, reviews and general critique for what it is, there are only things I can learn and ideas I can get to improve both my project(s) and myself as a developer.

Reactions: Pyrrical

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Captura.PNG

Well, I've taken the trouble to create a character using the same tool that he uses with a closer expression to the one he's supposed to refer to. If you still say you're not going to make 100 images (or at least get closer to what you're looking at) ...

If your time is limited, get someone else to help you create characters so you can concentrate on the story.
I mentioned that their expressions (which are predefined by koitaku) do not fit their emotions and personalities. That's my opinion. As valid as anyone else's.

Anyway, that's all I have to say. This is an opinion forum and everyone can have their say on the subject. I have given you a publication suggestion that better, if you still don't accept it, well ...

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Andromaliuz

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
Sooo. I played now and as an Anime only viewer it whas very awesome despite two minor things I found weird.
First that Albedos Wings look like batwings instead of dark angel feathers.
Second That Cocytus speaks in One Word Sentences. Do not know if here differ Anime from VN or I remember it not but those are beside the only immersion breakers. Everything else feel the same.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Sooo. I played now and as an Anime only viewer it whas very awesome despite two minor things I found weird.
First that Albedos Wings look like batwings instead of dark angel feathers.
Second That Cocytus speaks in One Word Sentences. Do not know if here differ Anime from VN or I remember it not but those are beside the only immersion breakers. Everything else feel the same.
Rubedo, once added, will have angel feathers so to have some diversity, since Albedo is a succubus, I left the bat wings on Albedo (Which are more or less the same wings D&D Succubi have).

Cocytus speaks like that in the LN, his same race was also in another media not related to Overlord, Bunny black series (Very cool game) whose character also spoke like that so I *had to* include that in my fan game as well (I find it cool and also diversifies his personality and character).

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
The .zip actually includes a MAC version however, I have been told that it may not work as that build is supposed to be used for itch.io or other such platforms.
It would actually be really helpful to me if you tried it out and see if it truly does not work on MAC, otherwise I will be making two separates builds in future (One for PC and Windows and one for MAC).
I downloaded R3 and it wouldn't run. Gatekeeper (MacOS anti-malware, etc program) had quarantined it. A simple Terminal command fixed that.

Mac fix:

Open Terminal. If you don't know how, google it.

In Terminal, run this:
  • xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine OverlordH.app
Then it should launch.

I'd suggest a separate Mac build. It's really simple - just check Macintosh X86_64 in Build Distributions, and Ren'Py will spit out a zip.

To find the issue, I ran this:
  • xattr -l OverlordH.app
And got this back:
  • com.apple.quarantine: 00c1;5d822982;Firefox;

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
will have sex scene , right ?
R5 has the first sex scene.
Two sex scenes depending on your concept of "Sex".

I downloaded R3 and it wouldn't run. Gatekeeper (MacOS anti-malware, etc program) had quarantined it. A simple Terminal command fixed that.

Mac fix:

Open Terminal. If you don't know how, google it.

In Terminal, run this:
  • xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine OverlordH.app
Then it should launch.

I'd suggest a separate Mac build. It's really simple - just check Macintosh X86_64 in Build Distributions, and Ren'Py will spit out a zip.

To find the issue, I ran this:
  • xattr -l OverlordH.app
And got this back:
  • com.apple.quarantine: 00c1;5d822982;Firefox;
Yeah my bad, being inexperienced with Ren'Py, I chose the wrong option (which was meant for something else), From R4 on I am correctly building for MAC as you have suggested, so next update you should have no problems playing it.

Jan 19, 2018
Absolutely love the game so far keep it up! btw are you going for like a weekly uplead or something? cause the updates are nice and fast at the moment.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Absolutely love the game so far keep it up! btw are you going for like a weekly uplead or something? cause the updates are nice and fast at the moment.
My main project (Workers of Kartedhir) is updated exactly every 7 days whereas this one might take slightly longer (Up to 10 days so far).

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Wonderful game looking forward to future updates and ravage albedo to get rid of her thirsty eyes once and for all..... who am i kidding she will force rape ains the moment he gets a dick..........

4.00 star(s) 30 Votes