trigillass

Aug 29, 2017
An old saying I got from a developer is, "Don't judge a game by its file size. In fact, don't judge a game until you play it."
So I have to take the risk and see what the hubbub is about.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Winterfire

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
Solid game so far, but my only real complaint is really irksome, for me at least.

It would be really, really nice if the Nazarick rooms screen had some sort of indicator to see if there's an event/character in a room without having to actually go to the room. I haven't spotted an optional event/scene in a while, but I still feel the need to check for them in every single room after every single scene, because there's just no other way to tell. This wasn't as big an issue early on, but with 10 Nazarick rooms and counting, it's becoming more annoying as time goes on.

Aside from that, some minor typos and some possibly unavoidable (Or maybe just done to make some characters even in the realm of attractive) changes to character designs, but nothing major. Really, really glad to see choices and divergences from the source materials. It would have been easy to just insert adult scenes into the Overlord story and leave it at that, and that's what I feared the game might be at first.

The final thing. ...When was Neimel captured? It clearly references a previous conversation, and I assume she was taken captive in the only battle thus far, but I've replayed the event and there's no mention of that or interaction with an enemy beyond the one revived as an undead. Did this happen in a previous event I'm forgetting? Because it feels kind of out of nowhere. If it supposedly happened during the village battle, the summary text there should proooobably mention taking a prisoner, at least briefly.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Solid game so far, but my only real complaint is really irksome, for me at least.

It would be really, really nice if the Nazarick rooms screen had some sort of indicator to see if there's an event/character in a room without having to actually go to the room. I haven't spotted an optional event/scene in a while, but I still feel the need to check for them in every single room after every single scene, because there's just no other way to tell. This wasn't as big an issue early on, but with 10 Nazarick rooms and counting, it's becoming more annoying as time goes on.

Aside from that, some minor typos and some possibly unavoidable (Or maybe just done to make some characters even in the realm of attractive) changes to character designs, but nothing major. Really, really glad to see choices and divergences from the source materials. It would have been easy to just insert adult scenes into the Overlord story and leave it at that, and that's what I feared the game might be at first.

The final thing. ...When was Neimel captured? It clearly references a previous conversation, and I assume she was taken captive in the only battle thus far, but I've replayed the event and there's no mention of that or interaction with an enemy beyond the one revived as an undead. Did this happen in a previous event I'm forgetting? Because it feels kind of out of nowhere. If it supposedly happened during the village battle, the summary text there should proooobably mention taking a prisoner, at least briefly.
OMG. The indicator thing is actually genius. Really excellent point there, thank you for suggesting, I will note that down and will definitively add it eventually.
I am currently focusing on the main story (And some branching) so you can assume that beside Shalltear's event, there is none other for now.
I will start adding events once I am done with the first and refine the game up (should happen on R15) that is when I will use this idea.

I would be interested in the typos, if you remember any, I will fix them.

Neimel was captured during Carne Village's events, since I skipped the whole Carne village thing and only done a summary, it is only mentioned in a sentence that can be easily missed so I will double check on this one as well.

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
OMG. The indicator thing is actually genius. Really excellent point there, thank you for suggesting, I will note that down and will definitively add it eventually.
I am currently focusing on the main story (And some branching) so you can assume that beside Shalltear's event, there is none other for now.
I will start adding events once I am done with the first and refine the game up (should happen on R15) that is when I will use this idea.

I would be interested in the typos, if you remember any, I will fix them.

Neimel was captured during Carne Village's events, since I skipped the whole Carne village thing and only done a summary, it is only mentioned in a sentence that can be easily missed so I will double check on this one as well.
Glad to hear about the indicator, and knowing the side-events are on the backburner until R15 means I can resist clicking on all the rooms until then. XD

As for the typos, I don't remember them offhand, but I'll give the game a look for them later.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Glad to hear about the indicator, and knowing the side-events are on the backburner until R15 means I can resist clicking on all the rooms until then. XD

As for the typos, I don't remember them offhand, but I'll give the game a look for them later.
I have actually changed my mind and simply added the feature you suggested right now:

NewEvent.png

When a new event is available, it will show that little "New event" on the map selection.
That will not happen for the main story line as clicking the Ainz token will tell you where to go anyways, the "New event" will work only when there are new optional events like Shalltear's one.

Also, while I was at it, I halved the space by half and made the titles more readable (whiter against the darker background).

Last but not least, I have added an additional line to let the player know that during Carne Village's events the commander has been captured.

These changes will be available from R7 on as R5 and R6 are already released.

Dunno if this should go to the review section, but to be honest i dont even know how to make a review in this forum, sry
To make a review, you need to click the star rating of your choosing (example: 1 star) on the top right corner of the thread and then write about 150 words if I remember well.

Reactions: Minado

ravenage

Aug 6, 2018
I see there a screenshots of new events with Albedo and Narberal. How I can create this new events?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I see there a screenshots of new events with Albedo and Narberal. How I can create this new events?
They are in R5/R6.
Albedo should be in R4 but most likely the screenshot is from R5, whereas Narberal is in R6.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
grobulos

If characters were all like this:

Would this fix the "Lifeless" issue?

Also, can you expand on "Fast and boring"? Is that not an issue simply related to the fact the game is still in early stages?

Last edited:
Reactions: sirviper235

grobulos

Donor
Jul 16, 2017
grobulos

If characters were all like this:

Would this fix the "Lifeless" issue?

Also, can you expand on "Fast and boring"? Is that not an issue simply related to the fact the game is still in early stages?
Point 1, Let me explain. By Overlord you choose not only an Anime to create an adult game, its full of light novel infos too. you reduce overlord in my opinion to the small little events of the Anime himself. The Fame about Overlord is based on the light Novels, after then the Animation comes out and this is why its happens so big fanbase. in my opinion you dont respect that, but as the Artist you have the right todo what you do, even i dont like it. So dont take that personal and get offended

Point 2, lifeless because without mimic, like a smile, move lips, eyebrows, jaws... yes it looks like lifeless. i know some technics in animation you are able to fix it

Point 3 fast because if you draw a ball, so you make a line in a circle, simple right? your shadwos are simple, fast and easy. if you like it then its ok, you are the Artist, but with better Shadows and skincolors... even with some extras... it would show me, you care more about you creation. But you dont

Point 4, boring, every Artist has his own Style, his own mark. without it; and im sure you understand that, its boring. Lets tell you an example, take the Drawingstyle from miyama ( overlord ) to walt disney and let walt disney draw his Style of Lupina, there the same, you recognize it but the Style will be diffrent, right?

At the End, all what you have done is mechnical Work, im a consumer and Patreon of diffrent Unique Artist, so i can see the diffrent between your touch and the Assets who has done the Job.
You can be proud to have the ability to create Games, for sure.
But your Technics are made from regular Assets in programs. I dont expect you draw like picasso, i wish you would. But i accept your Game as it is and so i rate it.

I understand, you invest lots of Time and Work inside and i understand if somebody write a bad rating, you feel bad. But lets be honest would you like to hear lies about you Game? Critics should be made with sense, with the opinion to made better and show how. And this i try to explain you here

Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Point 1, Let me explain. By Overlord you choose not only an Anime to create an adult game, its full of light novel infos too. you reduce overlord in my opinion to the small little events of the Anime himself. The Fame about Overlord is based on the light Novels, after then the Animation comes out and this is why its happens so big fanbase. in my opinion you dont respect that, but as the Artist you have the right todo what you do, even i dont like it. So dont take that personal and get offended
I would say that is completely false.
I try to stay true to both the anime and LN while adding my own touch as well, an early example would be the intro: Sebas in the anime goes alone to check Nazarick's surroundings, in the LN he goes with maid (not specified whom) whereas in my game he asks to bring Entoma while specifying his reasoning for his choice.

Of course, to avoid having a 1:1 with either the anime or the LN and making my game pointless to exist, I branch off to unique events such as the Shalltear's one as well.

What I think you meant is the way I tend to summarize out things, an example of that (the most extreme so far) is cutting off the whole Carne Village and describe what happened in a few lines but there is a reason for that: Boring monologues are a cheap way to increase a game's word count, I know I want to make a hentai game and I am aware that people will skip the hell out of scenes, so I am used to summarize the "boring" stuff and give a lesser incentive to skip anything.
There is also to say that this game is aimed to fans and retelling the whole thing would be pointless.

I get this may seem lazy but that "cut time" is spent elsewhere, for example, in both the anime and LN the scene in which Momonga is in his office is relatively short whereas in my game that scene is quite lengthy as you will see in R5; This means that ultimately the stuff you can watch in the anime or read in the LN is summarized just to give contest and continuity while new stuff or things that were cut short will be more lengthy.
Again, this is done on purpose to avoid being 1:1 with the anime/LN.

Point 2, lifeless because without mimic, like a smile, move lips, eyebrows, jaws... yes it looks like lifeless. i know some technics in animation you are able to fix it

Point 3 fast because if you draw a ball, so you make a line in a circle, simple right? your shadwos are simple, fast and easy. if you like it then its ok, you are the Artist, but with better Shadows and skincolors... even with some extras... it would show me, you care more about you creation. But you dont
Characters do have emotions, not only in text but also graphically:

Albedo is the one with the most emotions so far, 15 of them but as soon as a scene requires a new one, I add them.
I get that people are used to VNs in which the character is part of the scene and therefore each one is unique, this style is simply different using character overlays which are reused depending on the context.
Even then, for a "happy" emotion I have actually made four different poses, so it is not like I am sticking to a single one for every instance and, of course, I am always open to add more if needed.

Saying "I do not care about my creations" is a big overstatement, in my other project I have delivered patches to fix reported bugs in as short as 3 hours and even if you scroll slightly above, you will see that I added a requested feature right away.
The lack of shadow complexity is something other people have told me and I have tried to address in R6, especially for that I have added Narberal's screenshot in this game thread to show better colors/shadows.

I have also literally made Clementine animated in response to your review (which by the way uses the same shadow/color settings of Narberal's CG), so I would say this is also false... Unless you are used to people that care even more to their creations than this, in which case, hat off to them!

Point 4, boring, every Artist has his own Style, his own mark. without it; and im sure you understand that, its boring. Lets tell you an example, take the Drawingstyle from miyama ( overlord ) to walt disney and let walt disney draw his Style of Lupina, there the same, you recognize it but the Style will be diffrent, right?
That's understandable, I cannot afford an artist and if I tried drawing, I'd have something unique, sure, but not in a good way.
So I am kind of stuck with using Koikatsu but on a positive note, I do use it uniquely: My computer cannot handle big scenes as I have discovered in my other game, so the CGs you see are actually a composite and the post processing used is not from within Koikatsu, so the look is actually pretty unique.

However, considering the characters only, you are right on this one but unfortunately there is not much I can do about it.

At the End, all what you have done is mechnical Work, im a consumer and Patreon of diffrent Unique Artist, so i can see the diffrent between your touch and the Assets who has done the Job.
You can be proud to have the ability to create Games, for sure.
But your Technics are made from regular Assets in programs. I dont expect you draw like picasso, i wish you would. But i accept your Game as it is and so i rate it.
Fair enough and thank you, I appreciate the time you took to not only review the game pretty fairly but also reply here to better clarify what you meant.

I understand, you invest lots of Time and Work inside and i understand if somebody write a bad rating, you feel bad. But lets be honest would you like to hear lies about you Game? Critics should be made with sense, with the opinion to made better and show how. And this i try to explain you here
Feel bad? Haha, no. This is by far my most successful project thus far, if I had to feel bad, it would not be for this one.
If you take a look at my main project, I am used to really low ratings but it did not stop me from releasing a build every week for almost an year now, it is my hobby and I like doing it.
Also, as I have always said, critics are a small goldmine if you know how to take criticism.

Reactions: grobulos
Oct 29, 2017
I would like to play once, is there a way to outsmart avira, or to mark the game.exe trojana free? I will not disable my anti-virus to play, because if I turn it on again, he immediately deletes the. Exe

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I would like to play once, is there a way to outsmart avira, or to mark the game.exe trojana free? I will not disable my anti-virus to play, because if I turn it on again, he immediately deletes the. Exe
I made a Web version, you can play it online here:

-Edit-
You can also choose to whitelist the game:
Although if you plan to play only the public version, it is faster to simply play the Web version imho.

4.00 star(s) 30 Votes