Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
i might have to do another play through down the road if some of the previous options dont open back up : P
i went full albedo, entoma for kicks, "missing from the beach?", yuri ,"is there only one wife option when you pick 2 in the tower heading to the dwarf kingdom?" & nigredo towards the end. also, with litte to no effort on a couple of the younger looking ones that i could have done without. "cz also missing from the beach?"
Some events did not make in R38 and are instead added in R39 during night-time.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
T

That was fast lol.

Thanks, I'll go try.
And I did see a link like yesterday, but it said I needed a key or something.
Patreon breaks the link (The one embeded in the post), I always forget.
Look for the download within the post, in future I will make the posts as text so people will not get confused.

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
I don't get the weird names. The artwork is MEH and the so-called "Intro" is incomprehensible. Played for 90 mins, trying to make any sense of the game... Nada... Deleted.
Are you a fan of the Overlord franchise? If not, how did you even find this game? If you were, then it would make alot more sense to you.

The artwork in this is also better than alot of the other bland 3dcg I see in other ren'py, So I'm not sure the issue. Although it's not amazing.

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
Are you a fan of the Overlord franchise? If not, how did you even find this game? If you were, then it would make alot more sense to you.

The artwork in this is also better than alot of the other bland 3dcg I see in other ren'py, So I'm not sure the issue. Although it's not amazing.
Have to agree. What I'm really surprised Is how writing is in it and that It follows the manga as close as possible while still allowing for creative freedom. Wonder if the creator will ever add original content though?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Have to agree. What I'm really surprised Is how writing is in it and that It follows the manga as close as possible while still allowing for creative freedom. Wonder if the creator will ever add original content though?
There is original content all throughout the game, from choices that diverge the storyline from that of the Light Novel to custom characters or redesigned ones. There are also all the hentai events, with the story made to fit them.

Starting from volume 1 to volume 10/11, I try to follow the original storyline as closely as possible, from volume 11 to volume 13 there are some drastic changes to fit my needs regarding the ending, but it is still roughly followed and recognizable.

I read volume 14 some time ago, and while I liked it, I did not agree with most choices so I only took some bits off it, the rest is originally written... From that point on, it is entirely custom.

Reactions: SunlessXre and Reij

FAzzzz

Feb 6, 2018
Found a bug with Happy Farm. Normally if you have impregnated them they don't take a ring charge. I don't know if that is intentional but they don't and you can do them even at 0 charges. Now the bug i am actually reporting is that 1. Centaur does take a charge, and 2. it doesnt stop you from clicking centaur if you are at 0 charges and if you do it crashes at the end of the scene.

As a seperate point is it possible to edit a file/get a download for a file that would give me infinite ring charges for 2nd/3rd playthrough?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Found a bug with Happy Farm. Normally if you have impregnated them they don't take a ring charge. I don't know if that is intentional but they don't and you can do them even at 0 charges. Now the bug i am actually reporting is that 1. Centaur does take a charge, and 2. it doesnt stop you from clicking centaur if you are at 0 charges and if you do it crashes at the end of the scene.

As a seperate point is it possible to edit a file/get a download for a file that would give me infinite ring charges for 2nd/3rd playthrough?
The bug has been fixed in later releases of the game, and yes, once they are pregnant you will no longer use a charge since you pretty much completed that event and there's nothing else happening after it.

The console is already enabled, you can use Shift + O to open it and then edit the variables as you see fit.
I believe the shooting star ones is "ShootingStarUses".

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
There is original content all throughout the game, from choices that diverge the storyline from that of the Light Novel to custom characters or redesigned ones. There are also all the hentai events, with the story made to fit them.

Starting from volume 1 to volume 10/11, I try to follow the original storyline as closely as possible, from volume 11 to volume 13 there are some drastic changes to fit my needs regarding the ending, but it is still roughly followed and recognizable.

I read volume 14 some time ago, and while I liked it, I did not agree with most choices so I only took some bits off it, the rest is originally written... From that point on, it is entirely custom.
Sorry for not being specific, when I mean original content, I mean creating new things that don't relate to the manga story such as creating new, original kingdoms, possibility your own concepts for players whom got sucked into the new world etc.

Has the Green Hole got any scenes now? Do Adalina, Alariana and Floriana have any CG's?
What about the Blonde Nymph? Can we capture her and have fun with that? Kinda annoys me we just give her to Demigure. I'd like to keep her around for ourselves and find her in the arena or something.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Sorry for not being specific, when I mean original content, I mean creating new things that don't relate to the manga story such as creating new, original kingdoms, possibility your own concepts for players whom got sucked into the new world etc.

Has the Green Hole got any scenes now? Do Adalina, Alariana and Floriana have any CG's?
What about the Blonde Nymph? Can we capture her and have fun with that? Kinda annoys me we just give her to Demigure. I'd like to keep her around for ourselves and find her in the arena or something.
New kingdoms would be unnecessary and clutter the game, I do not want to drag it on for too long.
However, I have done something similar throughout the story... Although that is just a door left open for me just in case I want to make a sequel in future, so I cannot say it fits as creating new kingdoms.

As for concepts regarding the player, I am already doing this and it is part of the ending I have planned.

The green hole has some scenes, but some gold tokens are still missing including that trio.
The blonde nymph along with other creatures are already available in Demiurge's happy farm.

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
New kingdoms would be unnecessary and clutter the game, I do not want to drag it on for too long.
However, I have done something similar throughout the story... Although that is just a door left open for me just in case I want to make a sequel in future, so I cannot say it fits as creating new kingdoms.

As for concepts regarding the player, I am already doing this and it is part of the ending I have planned.

The green hole has some scenes, but some gold tokens are still missing including that trio.
The blonde nymph along with other creatures are already available in Demiurge's happy farm.
Uh, unless I missed Demiurge's "happy" farm or wasn't added back than when I played it, I didn't see it. From how it was written, It sounded like my blond nymph was "processed" or killed. We are talking about Demiurge here and he made it pretty obvious in the anime that was not a great place to be If your weren't one of them.

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
I have no clue what you mean by "Overlord Franchise" ... ... not a clue

My link for f95 is set to a specific search FILTER for the tags I am a fan of. This has a couple of those tags.
The MC screen with the Adobe Illustrator skeleton image is just not my style of art and the names... IDGI "SAMA" everything? not sure why that is a thing.
Sama means something similar to superior in japanese, it's A honorific like "mr/s or miss".

The overlord franchise is a japanese isekai (trapped in another world) light novel, manga and anime series spanning 14 volumes and 3 anime seasond. There's also an unrelated game.

And this game is a fairly faithful adaption of that series.

I do agree that some of the models especially aren't great. But I feel they are better than most of the other 3dcg ren'py I've played. Which all seem to come from the same 2 programs. These ones at least look unique.(I'm not much of a fan of VN's in general. I prefer sandbox games and rpgs.)

Either way. Google ainz ooal gown and compare what you find on google with what's in this game. I personally find the biggest issue is the bad lighting, lack of detailed textures and poor choice of colours. Beyond that it's serviceable and sometimes really good. Some characters faired really well, and look quite close to the original, although others have various problems like innacurate features(such as albedo's wing), simplified or wrong textures and slightly differing physical morphs such as faces and bodies.

Other characters to to compare include aura, lupis regina, narbarel, cocytus, hamsuke, and clementine. This will give you an idea of what I mean.

Reactions: Reij and Winterfire

SunlessXre

Oct 9, 2020
Frankly, outside of the general TAGS/fetishes I seek and enjoy, I generally try to avoid as much anime and manga as I can.

My reasoning:
  • Anime/Hentai "art" is generic (75% of characters are virtually identical paper dolls with different hair and completely unrecognizable wardrobe)...
  • I grew up in midwestern USA where "anime" consisted of the still-frame slideshows on Nickelodeon with actors who never took a breath for over five minutes of nonstop emotionless dialogue
  • With respect for anyone who knows, understands, admires, or has lived JAPANESE Culture, it's perplexing and completely migraine headache-inducing to try and comprehend the lexicon of alphabetical blender-names.
  • I have played some Manga/hentai/anime based games, but only really connect with them if they allow renaming everyone or at least have characters with a nose.
That's fine lol. Different tastes and all.

What I was mainly hoping to achieve, is just to give you a bit of an understanding of this game and it's purpose for existing.

It's a "parody" game mostly for fans of the franchise or people interested in this particular genre of japanese media (harem, power fantasy focused "isekai"). So far the only overlord game is a money grubbing mobile gacha game made by crunchyroll, and this is also the only H game of overlord so far.

Personally as a fan, I would if preferred an RPGM, unreal engine or unity game rather than a pure VN. But I still enjoyed this game. And building a harem out of the cool characters from the series which really fits in with the tone of the source material, and getting to interact with the story a bit with some of the divergences he made makes it worth it.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
If you choose the other option when it ask if you love Albedo, 'love them all equally', how long is it until you get to propose to Albedo and marry her and how far from this decision is the first sex scene with her? I originally went Albedo route (seriously can you blame me, dream wife right there), but I see a lot of girls I didn't get the chance to interact with or bring with me. Also some of the Gold token events I think they are called I missed because I ran out of charges for the ring. Will we be able to get these in the future because I literally had no other option but to use up all of it? Like one day 5 different girls available three charges.

I thought the Gold token events were repeatable? When it first mentions them it says something like that but I can only do them once. One last thing I think there was also a bug on this route where it said I made Shaltear a concubine when I didn't. How did that happen and why not a wife like the rest?

letronix

Dec 23, 2017
If you choose the other option when it ask if you love Albedo, 'love them all equally', how long is it until you get to propose to Albedo and marry her and how far from this decision is the first sex scene with her? I originally went Albedo route (seriously can you blame me, dream wife right there), but I see a lot of girls I didn't get the chance to interact with or bring with me. Also some of the Gold token events I think they are called I missed because I ran out of charges for the ring. Will we be able to get these in the future because I literally had no other option but to use up all of it? Like one day 5 different girls available three charges.

I thought the Gold token events were repeatable? When it first mentions them it says something like that but I can only do them once. One last thing I think there was also a bug on this route where it said I made Shaltear a concubine when I didn't. How did that happen and why not a wife like the rest?

I believe Winterfire mentioned that some of them were added in the R39 and later in R40, if anyone remembers well by any means correct me if I'm wrong. Regarding Albedo, I remember doing something similar like you, in my case I went straight with Nabe, I just love the serious demeanor but also dere dere deep down. The thing is I remember being able to "date" or in this case have some scenes with Albedo like I think it was a bit before mentoning that the game would be covering volume 14 of the LN, maybe a bit during it or again a bit before sorry can't remember well enough. So yeah, you would be quite a while without having a chance to romance her, unless there are some other options/routes/choices I'm missing and thus she can be romanced earlier. But then again, as someone who didn't choose her first, that's, at least, what you could expect from it. I was able to trigger her beach scene though, so there's that at least to look foward to.

Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018

If you ignore Albedo the first time and you get the scene with Solution instead, you'll have a chance much later... What would be the season 4 if not 5 (Not sure how many volumes the season 4 will cover tbh).

Gold tokens can be repeated, but some will disappear once their existence no longer makes sense (example: When you drop the Momon persona).

The game was designed to offer you enough charges if you manage the days well, plus there is a secret (Mysterious door) which appears randomly in the world map... With some luck, that recharges your ring.
The more nations you unlock, the more likely it is that you will be finding the mysterious door... It is almost impossible to miss in the late game, and that is where you will need the charges the most if you have built a harem, which is the suggested best ending.

You turn Shalltear into a concubine if you do her event, the game does not literally tell you that but it is implied that if you sleep with her, then she becomes your concubine.
The game assumes many times that Ainz has regular sex during the time skips, even if the player is not shown each and every scene (That'd be too redundant!)

4.00 star(s) 30 Votes