Project63

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 19, 2017
Personally, I still hope you'll go back to Gods and Men at some point. Or merge the two games. I miss having a relaxed SLG management without all the fluff.
If I continued that project I would have to rewrite all of the code. I was learning back then :)
I'm merging them slowly, wanted to immerse player more with this combat system and third person mode. But might implement turn based point and click combat (Dragon age, NWN2...) in this settings to make it more relaxing, will see...

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
If I continued that project I would have to rewrite all of the code. I was learning back then :)
I'm merging them slowly, wanted to immerse player more with this combat system and third person mode. But might implement turn based point and click combat (Dragon age, NWN2...) in this settings to make it more relaxing, will see...
You could make it turn based, would be less of a hassle. However, if you really want to go down this road, then just look up pre-made assets, or follow a tutorial. I remember when I first learned to develop games, I used to follow a bloke on Youtube called ZergArcade or something like that. He makes a fuckton of Unity tutorials. It was from him i learned to make a good hack and slash combat system, as well as learned how to develop the usual RPG systems.

A link to his tutorials;

It seems he no longer makes new videos, but theres plenty to learn from.

Game Dev Guide

Is also a good source since hes very good at teaching and showing off good techniques that I wish I had access to when I was learning to develop games.

Project63

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 19, 2017
A link to his tutorials;
Learned from him when the guy had around 1k views per tutorial. Like 5-6 years ago, maybe more.
But it's always good to revisit old stuff if didn't understand completely back then, cheers

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
Learned from him when the guy had around 1k views per tutorial. Like 5-6 years ago, maybe more.
But it's always good to revisit old stuff if didn't understand completely back then, cheers
I'd recommend Game Dev Guide (Incase you were talking about Burgz), if you want to optimize your game, hes done some amazing videos on how AAA games deal with optimization, how to create a user friendly UI and all that jazz.

Anyway, I'll end it there, got a bit too excited to talk games development. Been quite a long time since I was last able to work with games. Last thing I made was a VR drumset simulation, so it didnt really allow me to go all out when developing it :p

Project63

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 19, 2017
I'd recommend Game Dev Guide (Incase you were talking about Burgz), if you want to optimize your game, hes done some amazing videos on how AAA games deal with optimization, how to create a user friendly UI and all that jazz.
Burg yes.
I'll check optimization thing, since people complained it's consuming memory. :WutFace:

Reactions: Etar

greeneyed

Jul 30, 2017
Anyone find a way of banging the aunt? I've explored everywhere to find the cousin, but no luck.

DarkPrince18

Jul 2, 2018
Does anyone by any chance have the "letter" that we find on a bandit's dead body before we free Rana from our master ? Coz

1612944271261.png

and i kinda sold mine.......yes i needed the money, and no my dumbass didnt take a screenshot of it, so if any one of you has it can ya give me a pic ? :D

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
Was searching how to make Followers do work and didn’t understand the thing, found out you have to choose them from the manager in inventory, them afterwards click the “i“ Icon to assign them work, but you also need to give them the necessary tools.

Aug 16, 2017
I believe it will be a better game with Rpg Elements (Dialogues) and a little more creative thinking. The concept is nice, but technically a bit troubled.

DragonFox

Apr 13, 2018
my save is broken, i can't play it any more.. can't delete the save file and start frish, i need a game reset, but there is no way how to do it...

Danoooox

Mar 18, 2018
Burg yes.
I'll check optimization thing, since people complained it's consuming memory. :WutFace:
Here's some feedback. Money needs to be easier to earn, at least for the starting gear or first scenes, otherwise theres no real incetive for hunting down those scenes if 1: you don't even know how good they are (they looked pretty good by the mushroom girl, good physics and all) 2: And them being super hard to get from the start.

A cheat for money would be nice for the people that got a lot of stuff from the previous versious.

A inital scene just to display the animations style and capacity (or at least a optional one) would be nice to again, incentivize the players to keep playing and therefore keep on following you and your stuff.

Reactions: Project63

mrtabaco

Dec 14, 2019
I would also like to give my opinion on the game.

First of all, I think the basic idea of the game, that you can move through the areas and catch slaves and interact with them, is successful. That is something I would also like to see in other games. What I would like to see here in the game is a "return" to the roots, that you can really roam freely through the area and choose whether you want to fight animals or hunt "free wild" and not have to roam across the map until you come to an encounter at all, as is the case now. What might be a solution in case the old system is completely off the table would be to divide the map into areas where you encounter people or animals as soon as you enter them.
As far as the story and the background are concerned, I find what has been delivered so far very appealing and I am curious to see what the future will bring, especially with regard to the orc village.
What I personally noticed as a problem or bug is that with version 0.18 the character creation was set to woman and the change didn't quite work. I changed my character to a man and the description also says man, but my aunt, for example, greets me as a daughter and in the inventory I am still shown with a vagina. This problem has continued in version 0.18a.

All in all, it's an interesting idea and I have to say that I'm very excited about where the journey is going, although I would like to see a change in the system of the map.

Translated with (free version)

Reactions: Project63

Blamfright

May 30, 2017
Yeah not sure why every new version ruins my save file, but here we are. I wouldn't mind restarting every time if it wasn't an absolute chore to "scavenge" early... If it weren't for the fact you can only scavenge after winning in combat maybe you could actually do something. Spending around 40 minutes death farming to try and get maybe 10 gold is a bit crazy.

Similarly, losing the ability to make a new game within the game itself if you have a now-broken save is a tad unreasonable. Not to mention the struggle of having to rebuild a camp, since camp stones food and wood are seperate from the player's stash and cannot be impacted from anything but the NPCs sluggish gathering pace until a few hundred days have passed to increase their chance at harvesting 1 resource for the day (Really? One?).

I was hopin' this release would be focused on fixing progression but I guess adding a special code for a kink I don't like is something, regardless of how little it is.

Hope things like save issues can get hotfixed :HideThePain:

EDIT: It only took me 7 in game days to get an animal vs bandit encounter; which I lost because the bandit hits for 5x more than me, despite the animal bringing him down to 30% HP. Maybe consider increasing the base hp value of the player to a value where they don't get 4 tapped at the grasslands?

Last edited:
Reactions: MaskOfMirth

MaskOfMirth

Mar 7, 2020
I enjoy the premise of the game, but it is obviously a bit rough around the edges. My main gripes being how sluggish the game feels and the inability to load a saved game without quitting out of the game. Kind of a bummer

Edit: I lied. Combat is a joke, too. It's impossible to get better at combat because it's impossible to find a fight that you even stand a chance at winning. I can't beat a single slave in combat, and it's fair to nearly always set me up against 3? GG. Not only that, but you can't forage until you beat everybody, so you can't even scrounge to get money for better gear to maybe actually win a fight.

Last edited:
2.90 star(s) 12 Votes