VN Ren'Py Abandoned Painting [v0.3] [ZadiatorGames]

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Davewatch

Jan 7, 2020
Yep the green is unreadable without a background (and backgrounds are not the best) so better to change the font / colour.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Try this nifty file .. it might work:
Those are ren'py engine files. So it would be better to leave them alone if you don't know what you're doing :D Like I said, look for the unren.bat in the forum ( ) , it's a nice little tool that extracts those archive.rpa files and can decrypt .rpyc files to .rpy files :) If you did that you can easily follow the steps above again :)
There are other ways to do it though, I could create a file for you that you'd just have to place inside the /game/ folder and edit the mentioned numbers to your preferred size...
I added the file to this post... you could even change the fonts if you wanted to... well the file is just a copy of our own gui.rpy or better said of that specific parts of it. everything with a "#" <--- infront of it is a comment, I commented out the fonts so that they don't get changed, if you'd want to change them to a font you have as a .ttf file just place the font into the /game/ folder and delete the # infront of the specific font you want to change, then place the name of the .ttf file behind the "=" sign looking like this then:

Code:
## The font used for in-game text.
    #gui.text_font = "fontFile.ttf"
to
Code:
    gui.text_font = "MyCoolFontFile.ttf"

p.S.: Once setup this file can be used in any ren'py game.
please.... the green font.... I'm going to go crosseyed.
me trying to read the text
The text colour needs to change. I have a Hard time seeing green text.
it's impossible to read...i'll wait for a next release XD
Really hard to read green lettering !!
Fucking hell, that green font is killing me, no more than five minutes trying to read and i already have a headache.
Maybe some Ren'py expert can change the font and the color of the text for us until the DEV realizes that the font and color is gonna give some people convulsions:KEK::KEK:
I saw in another game that it works, I just do not remember how, maybe in the next update there DEV will put the background under the letters ;-)
Yep the green is unreadable without a background (and backgrounds are not the best) so better to change the font / colour.

BUCCO

Feb 20, 2020
in many renpy games, when you press A you can make bigger letters, maybe it goes here too ;-) yes it works if you switch to DejaVuSans, you will have better letters ;-)
letters you can change color I do not know :)

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Now you do .. but .. will ya ???
letters you can change color I do not know :)
Those are ren'py engine files. So it would be better to leave them alone if you don't know what you're doing :D Like I said, look for the unren.bat in the forum ( ) , it's a nice little tool that extracts those archive.rpa files and can decrypt .rpyc files to .rpy files :) If you did that you can easily follow the steps above again :)
There are other ways to do it though, I could create a file for you that you'd just have to place inside the /game/ folder and edit the mentioned numbers to your preferred size...
I added the file to this post... you could even change the fonts if you wanted to... well the file is just a copy of our own gui.rpy or better said of that specific parts of it. everything with a "#" <--- infront of it is a comment, I commented out the fonts so that they don't get changed, if you'd want to change them to a font you have as a .ttf file just place the font into the /game/ folder and delete the # infront of the specific font you want to change, then place the name of the .ttf file behind the "=" sign looking like this then:

Code:
    #gui.text_font = "fontFile.ttf"
to
Code:
    gui.text_font = "MyCoolFontFile.ttf"

p.S.: Once setup this file can be used in any ren'py game.

• Love
Reactions: BUCCO

LionHeart131

May 23, 2018
Really good for someone's first start and crack at a game -- looking forward to see how this one goes -- not going to mention the font because everyone else has done that already.

Reactions: BUCCO

Roninsoul7

Mar 24, 2020
It is a really good beginning, I'm hoping the dev sticks with it until the end.

The english is a tiny bit off, but I have seen way worse from people who have english as a first or second language, so I don't see what has been put forward as a problem.

There is a couple points that can be improved, a better font colour and font text box would help to keep things able to be read. Also the character's thoughts should still have the character thinking them listed at the top, but with a different font or brackets used to denote that the character is thinking it rather than speaking aloud. Other than that, it's an intriguing beginning and I would love to see where the story goes.

Good luck with the game dev, and keep up the good work.

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
Can you please tell me who is the main character in this game?
I hope not the kid from the third screenshot.

Reactions: Lokitox8

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
To anyone watching this thread - updated OP with the new version

v0.1.1
  • Changed the font color.
  • Added music and sound.
  • Bug fix (You will not see cr.webm not found anymore).
either i'm having problems with my eyes, or the font colour is still bad(at least for me)...like headache level of bad

Reactions: giggitygigity

covertanon

Oct 24, 2017
This is too hard to read. There is a reason almost all VNs have text boxes. I'll check the game out once this resolved. Good Luck

Katterra

Mar 26, 2020
Your choice of a blue font makes it blend into background images as well. Screenshot 2021-04-19 030659.png

Maybe just lighten the blue. a lighter tone would stand out and be easy on the eyes as well.

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes