ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I see. So at the apartment I just tell her there is nothing I can do then, it seems like a dick move to me, and honestly pretty limiting for the player. I don't see why you can't just be friends, but whatever I guess.
I agree it would be nice if we could tell Rosalind 'no' to the whole sexual favors thing, but in the end it would probably add a bunch of work for the devs, yet to leave us in nearly the same place. Flatly refusing to sleep with Rose while insisting we'll help her would be no kinder to her than just telling her our hands are tied (and then trying to help her anyway).

I think she feels more comfortable when she can convince herself that she's 'earning' the help, either because it gives her reason to think the MC won't renege or because it gives her a sense of control in general. (And to be fair, telling someone you'll only help them on the condition they NOT sleep with you is always going to sting at least a little!)

The good news is that while you miss most of her content, you can still try to help Rosalind even if you turn her down, and I expect that will continue going forward.

Nov 23, 2020
Nah man, play it and make up your own mind, you're just missing out otherwise. The fact that so many people have such strong opinions about the game and the characters in it means it's very, very good and very, very well written. Of course the models being absolutely stunning doesn't hurt, but generally "just" being pretty won't get you this kind of involved discussion.
This convinced me to actually download it haha, thank you!! I am intrigued with Chapter 2.

Ranting Old Man

Donor
Oct 24, 2019
Let me explain it then. The leaker ignored the android version. If you're eager to play though, you can always go grab it on our Patreon. Otherwise you'll have to wait 3 more days for the public release. Thank you for your interest.
Then I simply misunderstood the situation, I apologize. Several Devs have dropped Android support, appears to be a current trend so I jumped the gun. I'll wait for public release, if the game is still a good as I remember I'll consider supporting

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I see. So at the apartment I just tell her there is nothing I can do then, it seems like a dick move to me, and honestly pretty limiting for the player. I don't see why you can't just be friends, but whatever I guess.
Their situation would be the answer for that. Rosalind is being forced to work at a brothel for rich degenerates and Edwin is her "handler" for the duration of the carnation competition. In a way sex is the first and biggest thing that connect them so far.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I agree it would be nice if we could tell Rosalind 'no' to the whole sexual favors thing, but in the end it would probably add a bunch of work for the devs, yet to leave us in nearly the same place. Flatly refusing to sleep with Rose while insisting we'll help her would be no kinder to her than just telling her our hands are tied (and then trying to help her anyway).

I think she feels more comfortable when she can convince herself that she's 'earning' the help, either because it gives her reason to think the MC won't renege or because it gives her a sense of control in general. (And to be fair, telling someone you'll only help them on the condition they NOT sleep with you is always going to sting at least a little!)

The good news is that while you miss most of her content, you can still try to help Rosalind even if you turn her down, and I expect that will continue going forward.
Good to know. On a side note I think I have to replay and do a bad interview. Again not being able to just say no to your "reward" is fucking stupid to me. Whats the point of forcing that on a player whether they are into it or not? I mean who really benefits from that? If I sound salty it's just because I don't like having my hand forced, especially what it really has fuck all to do with the plot. That type of stuff wouldn't add much more work at all for the dev. Just like not excepting the diner date, you stay home and watch TV. What is that like 10 extra minutes of work?

• Angry
Reactions: Axeleen

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Good to know. On a side note I think I have to replay and do a bad interview. Again not being able to just say no to your "reward" is fucking stupid to me. Whats the point of forcing that on a player whether they are into it or not? I mean who really benefits from that? If I sound salty it's just because I don't like having my hand forced, especially what it really has fuck all to do with the plot. That type of stuff wouldn't add much more work at all for the dev. Just like not excepting the diner date, you stay home and watch TV. What is that like 10 extra minutes of work?
10 minutes? :oops: :oops: :oops:
Any developer team that offer branching choices on their games, even if outside of the main storyline, will have to spend a lot more than 10min every time a new choice is offered in the game.

They will have to do extra coding, writting and rendering scenes/animations to accomodate the new extra option. On a wild guess i say it would be more closer to 10 days than 10 minutes.

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
I think if that stuff irks you, this might not be the game for you. There's quite a few situations down the line (mainly the exhibition) where sex is non optional. On top of that, Edwin (the player character) has a very specific personality and him getting bewilderingly pulled into a fivesome for doing a good job is indeed meant to be within that character and serve as a bit of world building.

The player autonomy, as you've already noted, comes in the form of doing a "good" job during the video interview.

Last edited:

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
10 minutes? :oops: :oops: :oops:
Any developer team that offer branching choices on their games, even if outside of the main storyline, will have to spend a lot more than 10min every time a new choice is offered in the game.

They will have to do extra coding, writting and rendering scenes/animations to accomodate the new extra option. On a wild guess i say it would be more closer to 10 days than 10 minutes.
I was talking about a simple alternitive from a scene, not a full on separate branch. Making two option for a scene doesn't have to turn into a whole new story arc.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I was talking about a simple alternitive from a scene, not a full on separate branch. Making two option for a scene doesn't have to turn into a whole new story arc.
Yes it does because the game is not over.

If the developers did as you wished they would need to take into account both branching choices when telling Rosalind's storyline in future updates.

Reactions: sunaboz

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I think if that stuff irks you, this might not be the game for you. There's quite a few situations down the line (mainly the exhibition) where sex is non optional. On top of that, Edwin (the player character) has a very specific personality and him getting bewilderingly pulled into a fivesome for doing a good job is indeed meant to be within that character and world building.

The player autonomy, as you've already noted, comes in the form of doing a good job during the video interview.
Yeah, unfortunately I'm thinking this may not be for me. I like the characters but it's like a minefield for me. Just accepting a simple diner date is this games equivalent of wanting to jump into bed with someone, it just leads to another scene you have no control over. That's fine if it's your thing and all but to me it seems like the dev has completely designed this game to be played as a man-whore. That's fine if I'm given a choice but not if you seemingly have to play that way. That's what it seems like to me at any rate, which make the choices you actually have pretty hollow. Not shitting on the game or anything the writing and the characters are done really well but the lack of real player agency just doesn't do it for me.

Reactions: SincerelyMelon

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Yes it does because the game is not over.

If the developers did as you wished they would need to take into account both branching choices when telling Rosalind's storyline in future updates.
Your blowing it out of proportion and talking about a completely different scene - arc. I was talking about being able to say no to 5 (6?)-some, not a whole other story line.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Your blowing it out of proportion and talking about a completely different scene - arc. I was talking about being able to say no to 5 (6?)-some, not a whole other story line.
I am not. It is you who is underestimating the amount of time involved when creating a game.

TM | Twisted Games

GDI Spec Ops
Dec 30, 2020
Yeah, unfortunately I'm thinking this may not be for me. I like the characters but it's like a minefield for me. Just accepting a simple diner date is this games equivalent of wanting to jump into bed with someone, it just leads to another scene you have no control over. That's fine if it's your thing and all but to me it seems like the dev has completely designed this game to be played as a man-whore. That's fine if I'm given a choice but not if you seemingly have to play that way. That's what it seems like to me at any rate, which make the choices you actually have pretty hollow. Not shitting on the game or anything the writing and the characters are done really well but the lack of real player agency just doesn't do it for me.
If it's not the game for you, that's cool. Different strokes for different folks. It is a little unjust to say that the choices the character has are pretty hollow. I've played hundreds of VNs, and Pale Carnations has more meaningful choices than almost all of them. It is also very up front about the fact that it has erotic content.

CAznable

Jul 8, 2018
Sir, this game is about a character working at a sex club, in which there is a “game” where women are competing to get what they desire by enduring sexual acts. It is told to the character (and player) very early on that he will be required to engage in these activities and preform sexual acts as well. So the game has been telling the player since the beginning that you will not be determining who you screw all the time, though some are optional and must be pursued by the player. I really don’t know what you expected after being told these things, but if that is not something you are up for, I would implore you to rethink playing any more of the game. Thanks

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
If it's not the game for you, that's cool. Different strokes for different folks. It is a little unjust to say that the choices the character has are pretty hollow. I've played hundreds of VNs, and Pale Carnations has more meaningful choices than almost all of them. It is also very up front about the fact that it has erotic content.
I didn't quite mean that they are hollow. What I meant was that if it "was" designed to be played as a man-whore they would be, not that they "are" actually hollow. I probably could have explained it better. The choices do matter, I just feel that they work better as a whole if you are pursuing multiple or all of the LIs.

Reactions: TM | Twisted Games

TM | Twisted Games

GDI Spec Ops
Dec 30, 2020
I didn't quite mean that they are hollow. What I meant was that if it "was" designed to be played as a man-whore they would be, not that they "are" actually hollow. I probably could have explained it better. The choices do matter, I just feel that they work better as a whole if you are pursuing multiple or all of the LIs.
Yeah, that's fair enough. It's too bad it wasn't the game for you, but I've been there with plenty of em myself. Appreciate the follow up.

Reactions: Skeltom

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Sir, this game is about a character working at a sex club, in which there is a “game” where women are competing to get what they desire by enduring sexual acts. It is told to the character (and player) very early on that he will be required to engage in these activities and preform sexual acts as well. So the game has been telling the player since the beginning that you will not be determining who you screw all the time, though some are optional and must be pursued by the player. I really don’t know what you expected after being told these things, but if that is not something you are up for, I would implore you to rethink playing any more of the game. Thanks
Your pretty snide sir. I guess I missed the part where it told me I didn't have a say in who I go after. I think I'll keep playing these games thanks, just maybe not this particular one.

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
I am very pleased with this game. Even if I didn't have sex with anyone, only services, It gave me 2 days of gameplay with impressive storyline. Unique storyline, well written. I couldn't ask for more. I refused all girls who wanted to have sex with me forcefully or wanted sex in trade for something.
Like I didn't have sex with Felicia at the start or went in a date with her later on, I didn't help rosalind, because she would only accept the help in trade of sex. when I could say no to Kaythleen I did too, when she try to give me birthday gifts. So I only have 3 options, Hana, Veronica and Mina, even though I turned her down, because she is my mc's best friends ex and I have the kind of job I will still be fucking around.

I am very happy with my decisions though, and I am happier that even though I didnt pick to go fucking everyone I still had a lot of gameplay, the game didn't feel empty, so that is what I call good writing, where our decisions matter and it won't affect our gameplay.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
I am very pleased with this game. Even if I didn't have sex with anyone, only services, It gave me 2 days of gameplay with impressive storyline. Unique storyline, well written. I couldn't ask for more. I refused all girls who wanted to have sex with me forcefully or wanted sex in trade for something.
Like I didn't have sex with Felicia at the start or went in a date with her later on, I didn't help rosalind, because she would only accept the help in trade of sex. when I could say no to Kaythleen I did too, when she try to give me birthday gifts. So I only have 3 options, Hana, Veronica and Mina, even though I turned her down, because she is my mc's best friends ex and I have the kind of job I will still be fucking around.

I am very happy with my decisions though, and I am happier that even though I didnt pick to go fucking everyone I still had a lot of gameplay, the game didn't feel empty, so that is what I call good writing, where our decisions matter and it won't affect our gameplay.
Willpower.png

4.90 star(s) 460 Votes