Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
You can also go to August, Chuck or Kate for the money to help Rosalind. Kate and Chuck are dangerous but August can be an option if you have enough points with him and Rosalind isn't the top priority for you.
Actually, if you have enough August points (which you can get on the Hana route mainly), he is a rather safe option too. I do not see at the moment why you think this is not an option if Rosi is high proiority for you. Unlike Kate, Chuck or Killian, August does not want anything for his intervention from the start.
When August states "I am very sure of it" when asked if "just Oliver" pressuring Rosi will take a step back, for a moment I awaited to hear an instrumental version of a certain Nino Rota song playing.:)

Outside Feli and August, Killian is a comparativly safe option too. His threesome demand is really unproblematic if Rosi has at least some libido points.

Reactions: Garen

Garen

May 6, 2017
Killian is another 'safe' option for that; he wants sex out of it but that's more predictable than what the leadership might demand.
Actually, if you have enough August points (which you can get on the Hana route mainly), he is a rather safe option too. I do not see at the moment why you think this is not an option if Rosi is high proiority for you. Unlike Kate, Chuck or Killian, August does not want anything for his intervention from the start.
When August states "I am very sure of it" when asked if "just Oliver" pressuring Rosi will take a step back, for a moment I awaited to hear an instrumental version of a certain Nino Rota song playing.:)

Outside Feli and August, Killian is a comparativly safe option too. His threesome demand is really unproblematic if Rosi has at least some libido points.
Oh so it's Killian instead of Chuck and he's asking for sex? Better than Kate definitely but I'd rather not have Roselind undergo anything more than the official duties she has to at that place.

I meant low priority as in if he likes Felicia more but wants to help Roselind too, in that case he can go for August. August is definitely safe from what we've seen but I know I can trust Felicia 100% even in the future but I can't say the same for August because of his position as shareholder of the Club.

Reactions: Turret

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Oh so it's Killian instead of Chuck and he's asking for sex? Better than Kate definitely but I'd rather not have Roselind undergo anything more than the official duties she has to at that place.

I meant low priority as in if he likes Felicia more but wants to help Roselind too, in that case he can go for August. August is definitely safe from what we've seen but I know I can trust Felicia 100% even in the future but I can't say the same for August because of his position as shareholder of the Club.
Well, if Rosi has at least some libido points, she is quite happy with Killian´s demand. Having sex with 2 goodlooking young guys even turns her on then.
As for Kath, going to her is the worst option unless you have an acceptable relationship with her and the social Chameleon trait. Then you can persuade her to help out Rosi without her having to work more in the club, because it will make the club look good.

Wooloomooloo

Apr 8, 2018
As for Kath, going to her is the worst option unless you have an acceptable relationship with her and the social Chameleon trait. Then you can persuade her to help out Rosi without her having to work more in the club, because it will make the club look good.
I must have blind lucked straight into this route, as I refused the money to go on the date but then just got it from Kath no strings attached.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Yeah Kath no strings attached is probably the "safer" for Rosa and MC.

But with this plot point you can see how well the game is written : you must have good relationship with Felicia for her to accept the deal, with August too for him to help you, probably with Killian too (didn't test but I assume if you have low bromance he won't propose it?), and also with Kath (and have the appropriate perk). Otherwise you can't help Rosa without negative impact even if you wanted

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Yeah Kath no strings attached is probably the "safer" for Rosa and MC.

But with this plot point you can see how well the game is written : you must have good relationship with Felicia for her to accept the deal, with August too for him to help you, probably with Killian too (didn't test but I assume if you have low bromance he won't propose it?), and also with Kath (and have the appropriate perk). Otherwise you can't help Rosa without negative impact even if you wanted
I agree on how well-written the game is. There are no magic money bags for the MC, he has to rely on his built relationships to help Rosi without massive negative impact. And there is a wonderful variation how you can gain the help you need. All variants feel different, because the characters helping Edwin are different. You do not see this variations in many other eroges. That is simply a thumbs up for TD1900 and GIL3D!

As for the solution "Kath with no strings attached" is safer for Rosi and Edwin, I am not fully convinced. As we have seen, Kath is very competent at using situations to her advantage, e.g. her charity events for sniffing out potential Carnations. So having her "saving" Rosi might not be so well in the long run and depending how the relationship Kath-MC develops.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Hey all, TD with the first dev diary of the year and for Ch3Up4. I hope everyone had a lovely holiday.
Image work resumed on the 5th (info for a certain person out there making graphs ;o) and so far, we're sitting at 191 images and 0 animations, working on the preliminary scenes before the exhibition proper.
Like last time, they're be some build up leading into the event as the player character has lunch with the Carnations and traipses around the club building for some pre-festivity. Naturally a focus will be on the Carnations (with some added emphasis on developing Veronica's personal storyline), but you can also expect a good bit of Hana and Kathleen.
One way or another, this update will close out what we designate as chapter 3. I'd like to include the Sunday following this exhibition in this update (there's some fun Ian stuff there for anyone interested in his character and connected relationships), but I've been doing this long enough now to recognize when I might be overly ambitious about what we can fit into the rough update window we want to hit. Still, fingers crossed that some aspects of the exhibition will go faster than I expect.
Thank you all for the influx of support we've received from our last update, as well as the continued support you've graciously provided us over what is fast approaching two years.
I really look forward to this update. Anything about Veronica makes me happy. :p

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
The latest update (C3 U3) really brought out the female characters.
Before that I was mainly interested in Veronica and the big-tiddie-goth-girl later on.
Now after getting to know them better I feel conflicted, because all 5 are kinda great in different ways.
I really am conflicted at the moment too. While I'm happy we finally got to "cross that line" with Mina, and she's still my #1 waifu pick, I kinda like them all, especially Felecia after this last update. While I was already conflicted with Kathy given how hot she looks but comes across as pure evil, I'd still hatefuck her even if there was no chance for her redemption.

I am curious though if we will actually get the option to pursue actual romantic relationships with any of the girls, or if this will just be strictly a friends with benefits situation only. In any case, loved the update and looking forward to the actual competition itself!

Reactions: wiwem71072

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
I am curious though if we will actually get the option to pursue actual romantic relationships with any of the girls, or if this will just be strictly a friends with benefits situation only.
Mina, Hana, and the three Carnations will all be romance options.

Mina and Hana in particular should scratch the itch of a more romance-minded player. Not to say they won't have their own share of kinky content, or their routes won't have dramatic turns, but their addition to the story during planning was because GIL and I wanted to round out the cast with some softer romantic options that would tether the player character to the world outside the club.
(y)TD1900 is the writer and programmer of PaleCarnations, so he/she(they?) should know. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

Maverick369

Nov 22, 2021
Remember there’s supposed to be five potential epilogue scenes after the last update is made which would indicate that there would be three possible endings for each one of the carnations plus Hannah or Mina. I suspect that there will also be an option to have an ending with Kathleen which will probably be the most darker and depressing way that this game could go. Again multiple options it appears to be available with each Playthrough in fact at this point it almost seems like you have to have five different Playthrough‘s in order to see all the contacts especially with a different behavioral characteristics that the main character can have chosen for him

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
Remember there’s supposed to be five potential epilogue scenes after the last update is made which would indicate that there would be three possible endings for each one of the carnations plus Hannah or Mina.
(...) in fact at this point it almost seems like you have to have five different Playthrough‘s in order to see all the contacts especially with a different behavioral characteristics that the main character can have chosen for him
Once you enter a route, they'll be jumping off points to leave that route throughout the remaining chapters, until it either culminates into a romantic ending at the end of chapter 5 or an amicable parting. There's no harem ending to be had, but there will be a couple of crossover scenes between the routes for group content goodness. Also, you won't be "punished" for pursuing multiple routes, but you will eventually have to choose who, if anyone, you want to end up with.
I think you are right here, because - according to TD1900 post - Edwins relationships with the Heroines seem to become at some point exclusive, so to get all of the content you need perhaps even more than 5 Playthroughs. Which is fine, because i like Replayability and meaningful Choices.

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
I think you are right here, because - according to TD1900 post - Edwins relationships with the Heroines seem to become at some point exclusive, so to get all of the content you need perhaps even more than 5 Playthroughs. Which is fine, because i like Replayability and meaningful Choices.
That's interesting, though I kind of would like to date them all and make a decision on who to pursue exclusively at the end to avoid starting over from the beginning. That said, I am very intrigued at the prospect of becoming exclusive with the carnations in particular. Sure, while I adore Mina and Hana, I can already envision what a relationship with them would look like, even with their backgrounds, however the kind of baggage the carnation have almost make it seem insurmountable getting to a point with them where they actually develop real romantic feelings for Ed.

Of the three, I guess Rosalind is the most realistic as a lover despite the age gap since they've already shared intimate moments together and that can serve as a foundation for what their relationship would look like. I absolutely love Veronica as my sexy Amazonian ginger, but given her personality and her somewhat fluid sexual preferences, I have a hard time seeing her treat Ed as anything other than a sex toy/plaything to help her relieve her tension/stress. And finally, while I enjoyed getting to know Felecia more in this last update, the elephant in the room remains her status as a married woman, not to mention just who and why she married him. While I can almost see her lowering her guard by 'dating' Ed, at best, I just assumed they'd only work as lovers and nothing too romantic at that.

Needless to say, I absolutely love the game, the characters and can't wait to see how it contiues.

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
That's interesting, though I kind of would like to date them all and make a decision on who to pursue exclusively at the end to avoid starting over from the beginning.
Oh, i dont think you have to necessarily start all over for the different playthroughs:
Once you enter a route, (...) it either culminates into a romantic ending at the end of chapter 5 or an amicable parting. There's no harem ending to be had, (...) you won't be "punished" for pursuing multiple routes, but you will eventually have to choose who, if anyone, you want to end up with.
Also
Oh, and I should add - each girl's secondary stat will largely be used to color the ending you get if you go for a heroine-focused path. They aren't meant to be inherently positive or negative, but something for the player to evaluate for themselves. A high libido Rosalind might end up more depraved, while a low libido Rosalind more gentle and wholesome.
So for instance - according to these posts - i should not have too many problems in my current Playthrough to get a Rosie Ending. But with my current 6 Rosie Affection and 12 Libido it will be likely the more depraved one.
It is my understanding, that i will probably only need to start completely anew (to tone down on her Libido and up her Affection), if i want to get the wholesome and gentle one.
My philosophy (which is young and growing, as this is my first time time designing something like this) when it comes to using score values to gate content, is to build tolerance into the requirement. I don't want a player to have to min/max to be able to reach a particular scene or action.
TD1900s approach gives us - in my opinion - enough leeway in our decisions, to reach each desired outcome without the need to go back too far. Thumbs up for this philosophy.
Anyway, it seems to be a smart move to keep at least a couple of save slots at some crucial story forkings, to be able to shape your Playthrough to your liking.

Last edited:
Reactions: feelsbadman.inc

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
And finally, while I enjoyed getting to know Felecia more in this last update, the elephant in the room remains her status as a married woman, not to mention just who and why she married him. While I can almost see her lowering her guard by 'dating' Ed, at best, I just assumed they'd only work as lovers and nothing too romantic at that.
I think there could be a romantic ending where she divorces if she has enough self-confidence points, and starts her own business with MC

Reactions: Turret and ename144

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Oh, i dont think you have to necessarily start all over for the different playthroughs:

Also

So for instance - according to these posts - i should not have to many problems in my current Playthrough to get a Rosie Ending. But with my current 6 Rosie Affection and 12 Libido it will be likely the more depraved one.
It is my understanding, that i will probably only need to start completely anew (to tone down on her Libido and up her Affection), if i want to get the wholesome and gentle one.

TD1900s approach gives us - in my opinion - enough leeway in our decisions, to reach each desired outcome without the need to go back too far. Thumbs up for this philosophy.
Anyway, it seems to be a smart move to keep at least a couple of save slots at some crucial story forkings, to be able to shape your Playthrough to your liking.
Is it so wrong to want Rosalind to be both gentle and loving while also having a bit of a kinky/depraved side similar to Mina? I dunno, I guess it just speaks to my milf/mature-kink that I love the whole "mommy" angle while also doubling down on the fantastic sex. :devilish: ;)

I think there could be a romantic ending where she divorces if she has enough self-confidence points, and starts her own business with MC
I actually considered that as a remote possibility when they were in her husband's office and as they flirted back and forth, she specifically mentioned to Ed after he complimented her, if only she had met him earlier/under different circumstances, maybe then she would finally experience the kind of lovey-dovey romantic relationship she's been denied thus far.

In any case, I actually like all the girls in here, yes even Kathleen (physically at least), so I definitely plan on playing every route, but baring some changes in the story direction, I'm pretty set either Mina/Hana will be my canon ending, but will enjoy seeing all the other outcomes.

Reactions: selberdreher
4.90 star(s) 465 Votes