DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Oh I thought it would be pretty clear that it'll be a MC + Hana kind of thing. After the other owners die in a fatal gravy train pile up the new carnations will be tiny kittens, holding contests on who can produce the cutest meows. I bet THAT is a new and exotic experience for Chuck and Samson and all the other weird fucks.

Unrelated but, can I get a little more Sophia Lundgren in the next update? I'd let her date rape me if that's what she lives for.

• Haha
Reactions: selberdreher

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Might be a bit of a misnomer or a stat that blew up into representing different things. My MC has quite a few points of Toughness in the current playthrough and I can't really remember where he got them.
Trying to think back, Toughness tends to crop up in talks and events with the carnations and club owners and especially Kat, usually connected to doing something that can be considered a cruel or asshole move. I wouldn't make my MC do something like that. That's also the reason I think it isn't quite named correctly. Acting like a cruel asshole raises your toughness score in many cases in this game but I'd think something like "Depravity" would have been a more fitting term. Especially right now with MCs visions of BDSM style sex with little innocent Mina cropping up for example.

Also I love this game, thank you.
I agree "Toughness" is a bit misleading, but Depravity has the wrong connotations, IMHO: there's definitely some overlap, but a lot of the Toughness checks are relatively minor things (sometimes even mundane).

Callousness might be nearest the mark, but it's still not perfect.

Last edited:

deimosphobos

Sep 4, 2021
I still think, why is Rosalind in the center of the five on the banner of the game? NOT Veronica, NOT Felicia? Isn't this a subtle allusion by the author to the canonical ending where exactly Rosalind will be the grand finalist? by canonical ending, I mean the one that coincides with the original script-outline (a kind of libretto), which subsequently acquires details, turning into the actual script of the game.
Of course!
Everyone know Rosalind will marry Edwin at the end of the game and they will become the new owners of the club. All other girls will be killed or will become low rank carnations.
Oh I thought it would be pretty clear that it'll be a MC + Hana kind of thing. After the other owners die in a fatal gravy train pile up the new carnations will be tiny kittens, holding contests on who can produce the cutest meows. I bet THAT is a new and exotic experience for Chuck and Samson and all the other weird fucks.

Unrelated but, can I get a little more Sophia Lundgren in the next update? I'd let her date rape me if that's what she lives for.
Fools, all of you. There's so many girls--but there's only one Ian. Think about it. Killain Beaufort is the constant in Edwin's life, the one who led him into the club at the very beginning. The true ending is reflective of how PC began; Edwin and Ian, happily ever after.

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
I agree "Toughness" is a bit mislead, but Depravity has the wrong connotations, IMHO: there's definitely some overlap, but a lot of the Toughness checks are relatively minor things (sometimes even mundane).

Callousness might be nearest the mark, but it's still not perfect.
Callousness is quite fitting: it encompasses terms like insensitivity, indifference, heartlessness, coolness, ruggedness and toughness(!) according to my dictionary.
I think most of the decisions which yield toughness could be described with one of these six concepts above, so Callousness looks like a good umbrella term.

Last edited:

DirtyMario

Donor
Jul 19, 2017
But ... she's like 15 years our senior and has a kid and lots of debt! So many complications!
Plus her path is one of the least wholesome ones at this point in time. I mean we've got a thing going with Felicia since the beginning pretty much, and Vic does some pretty wholesome things with MC at the end of this update if your score is high enough. And there's also Hana and Mina and they're the allround cutest things to ever exist in this universe.

dreamgoat

Oct 10, 2020
But ... she's like 15 years our senior and has a kid and lots of debt! So many complications!
Plus her path is one of the least wholesome ones at this point in time. I mean we've got a thing going with Felicia since the beginning pretty much, and Vic does some pretty wholesome things with MC at the end of this update if your score is high enough. And there's also Hana and Mina and they're the allround cutest things to ever exist in this universe.
Agree with you on Hana and Mina being the cutest things in the universe lol

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I learned that I prefer to use a fuck ton of variables tied to specific past player choices to alter dialogue and restrict decision trees rather than some vague amalgamation of the player character's "soul."
I've viewed the script files for a fuckton of renpy games, and this is honestly the best way to go about it anyways. Branching and if/else trees work best with flags that you set for past choices. Stats variables are generally best used for MC disposition and flavor. You are basically already doing things in the ideal way, imo. I've seen how MC talks in a more male dom way during scenes if he has high toughness.

Of course, you can always do more stat checks for flavor, but that's true for every game. More checks and more variations to reflect the state of the playthrough is something that will pretty much always improve the quality, but as always, it's a cost/benefit situation.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Are you saying helping her for a threesome wasn't wholesome? Are you saying she wasn't actually happy about it and was just appeasing the deranged MC so she can win? Are we the baddies?

SanaeS

Jun 22, 2018
MC is a true philanthropist, just like Chuck. He would gladly help a lonely and desperate mother in need :devilish:

DirtyMario

Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Are you saying helping her for a threesome wasn't wholesome? Are you saying she wasn't actually happy about it and was just appeasing the deranged MC so she can win? Are we the baddies?
I'd definitely say that, yes. Can't speak on much else. Depending on how MC is played we could very well be the baddies. Or the last tent pole that keeps this thing from slipping off into unhinged depravity.
I just know for sure that compared to many other "corruption" AVNs this game actually has a whole lot of wholesome scenes and characters, and I like that a lot about it.
Even Vero is a cuddly ball of cuteness once she trusts you (which she doesn't ... yet). Plus she could throw most of the other NPCs in this game out through a closed window which is always good to know I guess.

Reactions: ename144 and SanaeS

starkj

May 17, 2022
Ngl, Veronica really grew on me, i love when she blushes but Mina is still my favorite with Hana close. Depending on which direction this game takes i can imagine myself going for multiple runs focusing on each girl, that is if the game will allows us that.

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
Hi, i´m having a problem. My statistics menu is greyed out, can´t acess it, is it normal at this stage? I am at the beginning still i guess, just had my first meeting and date with Felicia.

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
Hi, i´m having a problem. My statistics menu is greyed out, can´t acess it, is it normal at this stage? I am at the beginning still i guess, just had my first meeting and date with Felicia.
Statistic Screen is unlocked after a few ingame days.
I will check on which day exactly.
Edit:
Statistics unlock on Monday, the first of June, when Victoria visits Edwins new appartment.
Edit2:
Which is directly after the prologue, when Felicia is revealed to be a Carnation. See Devs post below. No contradiction, dont get confused.

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: TD1900 and Qixoni

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
Hey TD1900,
the line "Eat until you bust, right?" from Felicia during her latest exhibition strikes a familiar chord with me. I can't put my finger on it, could it be a quotation from a movie? If so, care to share which one?

4.90 star(s) 472 Votes