selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
I have a line in my head which goes in german something like this "Fressen, fressen bis ihr platzt!" which would be directly translated something like "Gorge, devour it until you burst!" with the meaning of greedily overeating on something until you quite literally burst your stomach open, spilling out your guts. Which is in my opinion a quite strong picture of speak. And i just don't know from where i got this.
"Eat until you bust" is comparatively civilized.

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
Anyway i was asking because in my opinion this was probably the strongest scene of Felis exhibition, invoking a picture in me from a person, like a convicted witch, standing on her pyre and accusing the watching crowd of their bigotry. Impressive.

CAznable

Jul 8, 2018
Anyway i was asking because in my opinion this was probably the strongest scene of Felis exhibition, invoking a picture in me from a person, like a convicted witch, standing on her pyre and accusing the watching crowd of their bigotry. Impressive.
It does call back memories of Edwin and Felicia’s Park bench scene thematically to me.
As for the line itself, it reminds of The Departed. “Don’t move until you’re numb.” As Jack Nicholson’s character gets a hooker to snort a mountain of cocaine.
Different situations and purposes, but it struck me.
Felicia is a thoroughly interesting and deep character imo, so much fun to slowly see inside the mind of The Tanned Blonde.

Jan 14, 2022
Been a good six or so months since I'd finished with the build that was available. Figured I'd swoop back in and give this little gem another look to see how it's getting on.

Happy with the progress. Very happy with Veronica interactions this time around too.

Keep up the amazing work.

ddaisy

Jun 5, 2019
Do you guys agree that Veronica was way too cocky in the second exhibition? I mean, yeah, I agree that her assertive personality is interesting, but the way she acted in the bar area right before the exhibition made me wonder if she isn't going too far. Refusing to treat pervy "customers" like kings is one thing, but straight up expressing your disdain for them is something else.

Reactions: noobchan51515

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Do you guys agree that Veronica was way too cocky in the second exhibition? I mean, yeah, I agree that her assertive personality is interesting, but the way she acted in the bar area right before the exhibition made me wonder if she isn't going too far. Refusing to treat pervy "customers" like kings is one thing, but straight up expressing your disdain for them is something else.
She's testing the waters. The 3 Carnations have their own strat based on their personality. Felicia is doing her charming socialite thing, Rose is doing the subservient role, and Veronica is going for the unruly and almost dominant personality. However, there is no mistake what their actual position is. The Carnations are an amusement to them. Everyone, including the Carnations, know this.

Think of the situation with the super beta dude and that one house girl who always doms him. They are playing the game, but there is no delusions on who holds the power. That beta dude switches right back to confident when talking to MC. So Veronica being able to act this way is because they are letting her. It's amusing like watching an unruly kid.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
She already realized that is how she can sell herself to those rich assholes at the club. Not like she can emulate being a "sub milf" like Rosalind or the "slut" rich girl like Felicia.

A lot of patrons like it as mentioned by Edwin.

starkj

May 17, 2022
Like the previous comment, some people like tough girls with an attitude so that they can later watch her be subject of submission like in the exhibition.

Reactions: SanaeS

starkj

May 17, 2022
Also, i don't know if this has been discussed here already but what do you guys think will happen to Sophia? We know Charles wants to beat her at chess so he can bang her but will we somehow do something to not let that happen and maybe have a go at her? I'm kinda curious about this.

Finain

Sep 5, 2018
Also, i don't know if this has been discussed here already but what do you guys think will happen to Sophia? We know Charles wants to beat her at chess so he can bang her but will we somehow do something to not let that happen and maybe have a go at her? I'm kinda curious about this.
We've seen her spread open in front of half a dozen guys with cum leaking out of her holes, I don't think you need to be worried about her purity.

SanaeS

Jun 22, 2018
I think Chuck wants to beat her just because he feels "threatened" by her intellect since he probably never lost at chess in the club before.
Even if he would actually win I think he will not treat her like the other girls.
Imho she will be a key character for the main plot(Kath coup d'etat) and MC probably won't have much to do with her other than that(maybe just a drug sex scene).

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I think Chuck wants to beat her just because he feels "threatened" by her intellect since he probably never lost at chess in the club before.
Even if he would actually win I think he will not treat her like the other girls.
Imho she will be a key character for the main plot(Kath coup d'etat) and MC probably won't have much to do with her other than that(maybe just a drug sex scene).
While i think he wants the challenge of defeating her at chess i really doubt a scumbag like him wouldn't jump at the chance to fuck her in case he won. To me Chuck feels like someone who needs the challenge to enjoy the "reward" at the end. :unsure:

Reactions: ename144 and starkj

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Is she even a house girl? My take was that she isn't affiliated with the club and works directly under that Doctor. In fact, she is a brilliant researcher/doctor herself if I am remembering her profile correctly. The fact that this super qualified individual is dressing and acting like a very willing sex slave for this dude kinda makes you wonder how powerful and influential he is. I don't actually remember her being spread open and leaking cum though. I probably just forgot.

As for Chuck, he is definitely just frustrated that he is getting stomped in chess and doesn't really care about the prize. Anyways, I'm quite interested in her as well, but I doubt the MC will have many significant interactions with her.

Reactions: AwsHen and SanaeS

starkj

May 17, 2022
While i think he wants the challenge of defeating her at chess i really doubt a scumbag like him wouldn't jump at the chance to fuck her in case he won. To me Chuck feels like someone who needs the challenge to enjoy the "reward" at the end. :unsure:
My thoughts exactly, he already refused to have sex with her when he was given the option to, he wants to beat her first so that he can enjoy it as a reward.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

starkj

May 17, 2022
Now I really want a scene that shows how the whole Chuck/Chess/Sophia thing started. Was Chuck offered her but wanted to prove his worth? Is chuck that desperate for the doctor derriere? Did it start off as a regular chess match but then chuck realized his only way to win was to try to throw her game off by threatening to have sex with her?

I know which is my headcanon :LUL:
Oh we already know Chuck isnt exactly a "good" guy, he wants to beat her so he can earn her as a reward and do anything perverse he wants with her.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
You guys are over-analyzing. Chuck is the least calculating or duplicitous owner. He is a "jolly" old pervert. He just wants to enjoy the club without any shenanigans like power struggles. You could argue that this might be a face he's showing people to disarm them. Ok, but there wasn't really anything to hint at this, was there?

All I see is an eccentric old man trying to win a chess match because his pride won't let him give up. I don't see why he would be the one to uncover some secret involving Sophia, doc, and the drug. For narrative purposes, this sleuthing should be done by the MC.

Reactions: Wooloomooloo

Sanholo45

Jan 5, 2021
Hello peeps,
Not sure what is happening with game but Suddenly none of my saves will load. I'm running the current version with the walkthrough mod and up until the gym session with veronica all is cool but as sson as I get to the point and save I cannot then open my saves without the following:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "/Users/Duggan/MEGAsync Downloads/PaleCarnations.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "/Users/Duggan/MEGAsync Downloads/PaleCarnations.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "/Users/Duggan/MEGAsync Downloads/PaleCarnations.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "/Users/Duggan/MEGAsync Downloads/PaleCarnations.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "/Users/Duggan/MEGAsync Downloads/PaleCarnations.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "/Users/Duggan/MEGAsync Downloads/PaleCarnations.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 998, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "/Users/Duggan/MEGAsync Downloads/PaleCarnations.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/transition.py", line 47, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "/Users/Duggan/MEGAsync Downloads/PaleCarnations.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 998, in event
File "/Users/Duggan/MEGAsync Downloads/PaleCarnations.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/screen.py", line 714, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "/Users/Duggan/MEGAsync Downloads/PaleCarnations.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 244, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "/Users/Duggan/MEGAsync Downloads/PaleCarnations.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 244, in event
File "/Users/Duggan/MEGAsync Downloads/PaleCarnations.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 962, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "/Users/Duggan/MEGAsync Downloads/PaleCarnations.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "/Users/Duggan/MEGAsync Downloads/PaleCarnations.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
File "/Users/Duggan/MEGAsync Downloads/PaleCarnations.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loadsave.py", line 770, in load
log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
File "/Users/Duggan/MEGAsync Downloads/PaleCarnations.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1983, in unfreeze
self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
File "/Users/Duggan/MEGAsync Downloads/PaleCarnations.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1815, in rollback
self.load_failed()
File "/Users/Duggan/MEGAsync Downloads/PaleCarnations.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1733, in load_failed
raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Darwin-17.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Pale Carnations Ch3Up4Public
Sun Jul 17 01:07:20 2022

All of which sucks.

4.90 star(s) 473 Votes