SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
My biggest (and only) concern with this game is how to avoid the obvious limitations of the HS models/renders.

Even the most creative, original and unique games out there using HS renders (The Headmaster, Dr.Vibes, not many more...) ends facing the limited amount of available (stupid Eastern)costumes, gestures and postures that constrains development and creativity. Dr.Vibes is starting to suffer this, with so many overused standard bj´s and inability to render a decent orgy scene.
Some other HS games just fell into mediocrity just because all sexual intercourses are overused and/or vulgar postures taken from HS catalogue, and developers lacked the talent to create something exciting or unique (Mythic Manor, Depravity and many many more, just same scenes over and over without any risk or originality)

Considering how much work and talent is dedicated into Pale Carnations, just hoping developers can still deliver quality material in the future without falling into the "I have seen this hundreds of times, not exciting since last decade" HS syndrome. Game deserves something more unique than that.
I was thinking about the same thing. Unfortunately even new honey select libido didn't change current situation. It took me like 10 minutes when the game came out, I looked at the new poses, found them boring and badly done, after that I deleted the game. The character models also look worse in my opinion. I even think that HS Playhome has better scenes than this new HS.
And as for animations, I think the dev of House in the rift did quite good job working with HS animations, at least I don't think i saw them before.They pretty long and looks smooth. I would like to note that I mention it not for advertise purpose(the game itself pretty boring IMO, typical harem with few interesting characters), but just as example, how people can create quality stuff with HS. Still I believe devs of Pale carnations are doing well so far, they deliver pretty hot scenes. So far, I didn't notice any repeats in them, but this problem with limitation can appear in the future, so this need to understand. But, we simply don't know if the devs will be planning to change engine in the future. Maybe they too comfortable with this engine. Of course, I am interested in the fate of their future projects (if they planning them :p), as I really like their creative style. And if they decide to try their hand at a new engine, I think it will broaden their possibilities.

Reactions: lunar517

Hrk19

Jan 24, 2020
I was thinking about the same thing. Unfortunately even new honey select libido didn't change current situation. It took me like 10 minutes when the game came out, I looked at the new poses, found them boring and badly done, after that I deleted the game. The character models also look worse in my opinion. I even think that HS Playhome has better scenes than this new HS.
And as for animations, I think the dev of House in the rift did quite good job working with HS animations, at least I don't think i saw them before.They pretty long and looks smooth. I would like to note that I mention it not for advertise purpose(the game itself pretty boring IMO, typical harem with few interesting characters), but just as example, how people can create quality stuff with HS. Still I believe devs of Pale carnations are doing well so far, they deliver pretty hot scenes. So far, I didn't notice any repeats in them, but this problem with limitation can appear in the future, so this need to understand. But, we simply don't know if the devs will be planning to change engine in the future. Maybe they too comfortable with this engine. Of course, I am interested in the fate of their future projects (if they planning them :p), as I really like their creative style. And if they decide to try their hand at a new engine, I think it will broaden their possibilities.
Well, i do wonder about GILL trying his hand at daz, cause he seems to know really well how to show emotion.
though, doing the same amount of renders per update as when when HS is used and in the same time period, they would need multiple pcs with 3090s.

ioriya

Sep 10, 2019
Well, i do wonder about GILL trying his hand at daz, cause he seems to know really well how to show emotion.
though, doing the same amount of renders per update as when when HS is used and in the same time period, they would need multiple pcs with 3090s.
I actually avoid majority of games that use the Daz engine.

Most characters I see made with this has cheek bones that are way too pronounced making the faces look off, expressions look comical especially when they "O face", hair can be too airy, they also seem "dead" to me.

The only exception being "Divergence: Beyond The Singularity" because the characters are actually made pretty well without all the attributes that turns me off from this engine.

Reactions: longsuper1

Hrk19

Jan 24, 2020
I actually avoid majority of games that use the Daz engine.

Most characters I see made with this has cheek bones that are way too pronounced making the faces look off, expressions look comical especially when they "O face", hair can be too airy, they also seem "dead" to me.

The only exception being "Divergence: Beyond The Singularity" because the characters are actually made pretty well without all the attributes that turns me off from this engine.
hm, well there is also blender i guess

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Still working my way through first play and I'm conflicted, most assuredly in the way that is completely intended. Underrated VN in my opinion. Regards.

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
I agree with that.

hm, well there is also blender i guess
Blender really looks good.
BDIK if I udenderstand right also use blender. The characters looks more like real people than dolls.
But HS and other asian style games has they own charm, it's a matter of preference.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I agree with that.

Blender really looks good.
BDIK if I udenderstand right also use blender. The characters looks more like real people than dolls.
But HS and other asian style games has they own charm, it's a matter of preference.
DPC does not use blender for his characters. He morphs existing store bought figures.

badnboujee

Jun 6, 2017
loved the update! absolutely great. hope there are some scenes with Mina in the next update tho, it's understandable that she had a minor role this time due to the emphasis on the exhibition. i'm curious though, will the nicknames the MC chooses for the girls be permanent? also, any hints about what the theme for week 2's carnations challenge is :sneaky:?

Reactions: TD1900

GIL3D

Illusionist
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2019
Thank you kindly to all for the props. I really try my best with those expressions. HSPE is a blessing in that regard, being able to tailor the morphs to your needs (to some degree)
This update is wonderful, visuals are majestic, even better than before.

I just have one question though, and you're free to reply by negative or positive, or not even reply : which mod you use to take such high quality screenshots ? Is that a mod, or do you simply use another software for capture ?
I'd say there are several key factors here. First and foremost is the use of the IBL (Image Based Lighting) mod. Not an easy one to install or use, but degrees of mastery in its offerings dramatically increase the quality of the work. You ofc should be shooting in native 4k resolution and have some sort of understanding about photography light, particularly within the limitations of the pretty lacking version of unity HS works under. I do use HoneyShot to take the actual pictures but it does little for me since I don't need the resolution upscaling.

techweight

Dec 1, 2017
Was very happy to see a new update on patreon after 2 day without internet. Can't wait to play it!

gyupapaa

Nov 21, 2019
Ch.2 Update 2 Thoughts

1. Was waiting for the Patreon page to mail me about the public release...lo and behold it's already out, unannounced.

2. Van Doren and MC are both left-handed? Interesting.

3. Not really a fan of Hana's bartending outfit.

4. Freely wandering around the club is cool. Liked chatting with King of Jade, Warren.

5. "Nice cock, bro!"

6. Great work on Hana's eyes, post-competition.

Final note:

The one background where you meet Mina after the meeting with the girls, the one with the brick building and concrete steps (in front of MC's apartment is it?) I felt was a bit off, but I'm not sure why...the colouring...the softness relative to the characters...I don't know, I'm not a visual person, so just something felt off in that I became conciously aware of that background when I am not of the others.

Reactions: Hrk19 and TD1900

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
1. Was waiting for the Patreon page to mail me about the public release...lo and behold it's already out, unannounced. Some non-Patreon supporters got to play it first, I guess.
Our public release isn't out for another 4 days. The download here is a leaked, early-release build for our $10 tier.
Good job catching that lefty handshake btw, you've got an eye for detail.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Our public release isn't out for another 4 days. The download here is a leaked, early-release build for our $10 tier.
Good job catching that lefty handshake btw, you've got an eye for detail.
Are there differences in the official public release? My saves won't work ("Import error: no module named matrix".) This is probably my own fault for playing with the mod installed (saves won't load with or without the new mod version.) I'm happy to start again but if there will be changes in the release coming in a few days I'll wait.

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
Read two last pages before making this comment about a typo and a couple of mistakes in the script. A nice update though.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I wonder what'll happen on MC's birthday... ;)

Reactions: TD1900

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Are there differences in the official public release? My saves won't work ("Import error: no module named matrix".) This is probably my own fault for playing with the mod installed (saves won't load with or without the new mod version.) I'm happy to start again but if there will be changes in the release coming in a few days I'll wait.
Did you play an unofficial version last time? Either the compressed or android? I think I potentially found what might be wrong, but the old download links aren't there for me to check. It has to do with what version of the SDK the game was built on. Turns out I'm running an older version of the SDK, so if you made a save on a compressed/ported version that used the newer SDK , there will be a save incompatibility issue trying to load them on a build that uses the older SDK.

From what I can tell, they'd be a couple possible ways of fixing that. Please, let me know if that was the case.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2018
At least there are no pedophiles in the club am I right ? And some of those characters inside it are likeable, will be waiting for the next update following you since the first release.

4.90 star(s) 474 Votes