aykarin

Aug 3, 2019
It's a wonderful game,but please tell me that the MC's gonna destroy this club or take over it and kill kathleen with pleasure(like BDSM or sth,it would be a selling point maybe)?
It would be the most boring ending ever. Based on the quality of the story so far, I seriously doubt there will be such an ending.

ThornsEcho

Jul 6, 2022
It would be the most boring ending ever. Based on the quality of the story so far, I seriously doubt there will be such an ending.
It would be boring otherwise i think,a story about a boy got introduced to a club and screwed with some girls then screwed with other girls seems a little......off

The boy takes advantage of the situation and...i don't know,maybe a little position-exchange? Let the house girls be the judge and those old bastards begging for their lives could be a refreshing view,old fashioned i know,but i can't think of other interesting endings except tragic ones.

JasonsGranpa

Apr 30, 2023
It would be boring otherwise i think,a story about a boy got introduced to a club and screwed with some girls then screwed with other girls seems a little......off

The boy takes advantage of the situation and...i don't know,maybe a little position-exchange? Let the house girls be the judge and those old bastards begging for their lives could be a refreshing view,old fashioned i know,but i can't think of other interesting endings except tragic ones.
MC throws everyone out of the club under the threat to cancel them by calling them misogynists on twitter and then establishes his own sex slave harem just for himself.

• Haha
Reactions: Turret
Jan 21, 2023
There are probably going to be multiple endings and I definitely think destroying the club might be one of those endings (alongside endings where you get more involved in the club etc etc). The arsonist background might even play a role here.

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
MC throws everyone out of the club under the threat to cancel them by calling them misogynists on twitter and then establishes his own sex slave harem just for himself.
"It's not a sex slave harem, it's an androcentric polycule that embraces and celebrates non-normative sexuality! Get out with your outdated patriarchal relationship models!"

aykarin

Aug 3, 2019

I think all of the endings will be tragic in some way: they will be either very dark (for corruption paths) or bitter-sweet (for non-corruption paths). I agree with you that we will probably see an ending in which the MC betrays Kathleen and takes control - but not with the goal of destroying the club and taking revenge on the old perverts, but rather to continue all this depravity by himself. A destruction of the club ending is also possible but only for the non-corrupted MC and if he isn't corrupted, he probably wouldn't want to take revenge on the clients and will be satisfied with just finishing that whole business. I can imagine, however, a depressing ending, in which the MC finally loses his faith in everybody, even his mother (or maybe she dies as a result of his actions), takes revenge and commits suicide because he can't forgive himself. For me personally, endings like that would be the most interesting ones.

DougsLeftNut

Nov 13, 2017
There are probably going to be multiple endings and I definitely think destroying the club might be one of those endings (alongside endings where you get more involved in the club etc etc). The arsonist background might even play a role here.
Destroy the club ending, featuring MC as Christian Slater and Ian as Wynona Ryder in Heathers.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
It's a wonderful game,but please tell me that the MC's gonna destroy this club or take over it and kill kathleen with pleasure(like BDSM or sth,it would be a selling point maybe)?
Hi! Unless TD and GiL decided otherwise in the meantime (and it does not seem so), they stated one of the principal choices we will face in PC is to stay with the club or leaving it! This seems to me the major decision fork for the general storyline, with 2 distinct direction arcs what will happen.
Our other choices will be how good/bad Edwin becomes, our main LI and LIs we stay friends with and what finally happens with the Club on these two main paths.
We will see several good, mixed good/bad and bad endings on both "roads". I also estimate that we will have some good and bad "influence" in even quite obvious good and bad endings. For instance, even if Sophia turns out to be good, several of her actions are morally questionable at best.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
San Franscisco Middle Management: The Game.

I do wonder if PC will have a poop-hits-the-fan moment where if you're trying to spin too many plates at once it burns down in Edwins face, or worse - it'd be nice to have storytelling drama along these lines.....

Reactions: Turret

JasonsGranpa

Apr 30, 2023
"It's not a sex slave harem, it's an androcentric polycule that embraces and celebrates non-normative sexuality! Get out with your outdated patriarchal relationship models!"
Lets own them!

San Franscisco Middle Management: The Game.

I do wonder if PC will have a poop-hits-the-fan moment where if you're trying to spin too many plates at once it burns down in Edwins face, or worse - it'd be nice to have storytelling drama along these lines.....
Please not. The world doesn't need any more badik crap.

• Haha
Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

JasonsGranpa

Apr 30, 2023
think so? I'd estimate those kind of confrontations are in the minority; most games I see are the happy-go-lucky harem where everyone's magically content with each other and the story contrives to make them satisfied with the situation.
Some are harems, others focus on making exclusive LI paths. I guess some prefer that for the more realistic girlfriend experience. But at least the games are up-front about it, not like the game whose name shall not be mentioned.

Also F for the ridiculous drama it constantly pulls. lol

Nothing wrong with getting conditioned with the Genghis Khan mindset!

hemgarcia

May 14, 2023
Hi.
I always get exceptions, some mp3 are missing in /music.
I looked around, there isnt even a music folder...
Any advice, i cant play it like this when i get the exceptions every few dialogues?
I met the same problem few days ago ,and not only for this game。Maybe you should choice another downloader(It is best to download it directly from the browser ,do not use Multi-threaded downloader)

Gab1

Jul 9, 2018
It has the capacity of give us a really happy ending or a really horrible one, but i still believe that there Would be a happy ending where everybody win, but it would be really Hard to get.

Oh, and i believe Victoria Will die in most of these, but hopefully you Will have some path where you can save her

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
A day earlier than I was expecting, but we got ourselves a new Dev Diary!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Running the numbers, it looks like TD & GIL have added 389 statics, 4 animations and 12893 words in the last 20 days, an approximate average of 136 statics, 1.4 animations and 4500 words per day over that time period. Overall, they are now averaging roughly 132 statics, 1.6 animations and 4380 words per week since work on Chapter 4 Update 3 began. Here are the charts:
As you can see, progress has been pretty steady, but we're well short of the artwork levels of the last two updates (words are a bit nearer the mark). That may not mean much, though, depending on what the devs have in mind. If Tuesday doesn't end with a big sex scene and they decide to err on the side of celerity, I could see the update having a small art footprint and dropping with a solid Word count in early-ish July - very nice for those of us eager to see what comes next! On the other hand, it's entirely possible one or more of those outstanding scenes is going to be sex-heavy; that would mean we'd probably need to wait for more artwork, though I'm sure the wait would be worth it. And of course it's entirely possible the update might spill over into Wednesday, which would make prognostication even harder.

Unfortunately for me, rampant speculation is a big part of this gig. So let's give it a whirl. Finishing Wednesday's content completely would require getting through Felicia's art exhibit, and Felicia being Felicia, there's a near 100% certainty it will involve a sex scene. If the devs are angling for faster releases, I doubt they'd even entertain the idea of putting multiple big sex scenes in the same update (well, outside of the Exhibitions where they don't have much choice). That says to me that either Tuesday and Wednesday don't each have a big sex scene, or that the devs are considering a stopping point midway through Wednesday. On the other hand, I'm skeptical the devs would want to follow Hana and Mina's start turns with a short update that doesn't deliver a lot of sex (especially if Felicia will have her own splash in Update 4). I think they'd prefer to give Update 3 a little more sizzle, either because those last 3 scenes TD mentioned already have some serious action, or by combining smaller scenes in Tuesday and early Wednesday.

In short, I suspect we won't be getting a release at the start of July, but we probably will get a release in the late July-August range that ends before Felicia's sugar baby audition on Wednesday night but still includes some fun content leading up to it. So that's my guess. Just remember, you only heard it here first if it turns out to be true! ;)

In the meantime, I'm very glad to hear the reworked development process is going well. Dev burnout is always one of the most acute risks in AVNs, and Pale Carnations is still a long way from the finish line. Anything that streamlines the production schedule and keeps our devs feeling energized and engaged is to be commended. The fact that it cuts down on the propensity of the Carnations to be tied up and tormented is merely icing on the cake!

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
A day earlier than I was expecting, but we got ourselves a new Dev Diary!

Running the numbers, it looks like TD & GIL have added 389 statics, 4 animations and 12893 words in the last 20 days, an approximate average of 136 statics, 1.4 animations and 4500 words per day over that time period. Overall, they are now averaging roughly 132 statics, 1.6 animations and 4380 words per week since work on Chapter 4 Update 3 began. Here are the charts:
As you can see, progress has been pretty steady, but we're well short of the artwork levels of the last two updates (words are a bit nearer the mark). That may not mean much, though, depending on what the devs have in mind. If Tuesday doesn't end with a big sex scene and they decide to err on the side of celerity, I could see the update having a small art footprint and dropping with a solid Word count in early-ish July - very nice for those of us eager to see what comes next! On the other hand, it's entirely possible one or more of those outstanding scenes is going to be sex-heavy; that would mean we'd probably need to wait for more artwork, though I'm sure the wait would be worth it. And of course it's entirely possible the update might spill over into Wednesday, which would make prognostication even harder.

Unfortunately for me, rampant speculation is a big part of this gig. So let's give it a whirl. Finishing Wednesday's content completely would require getting through Felicia's art exhibit, and Felicia being Felicia, there's a near 100% certainty it will involve a sex scene. If the devs are angling for faster releases, I doubt they'd even entertain the idea of putting multiple big sex scenes in the same update (well, outside of the Exhibitions where they don't have much choice). That says to me that either Tuesday and Wednesday don't each have a big sex scene, or that the devs are considering a stopping point midway through Wednesday. On the other hand, I'm skeptical the devs would want to follow Hana and Mina's start turns with a short update that doesn't deliver a lot of sex (especially if Felicia will have her own splash in Update 4). I think they'd prefer to give Update 3 a little more sizzle, either because those last 3 scenes TD mentioned already have some serious action, or by combining smaller scenes in Tuesday and early Wednesday.

In short, I suspect we won't be getting a release at the start of July, but we probably will get a release in the late July-August range that ends before Felicia's sugar baby audition on Wednesday night but still includes some fun content leading up to it. So that's my guess. Just remember, you only heard it here first if it turns out to be true! ;)

In the meantime, I'm very glad to hear the reworked development process is going well. Dev burnout is always one of the most acute risks in AVNs, and Pale Carnations is still a long way from the finish line. Anything that streamlines the production schedule and keeps our devs feeling energized and engaged is to be commended. The fact that it cuts down on the propensity of the Carnations to be tied up and tormented is merely icing on the cake!
Thanks for keeping us updated on the story progress! We will keep on watching and waiting for the new update! :)

avirz123

Aug 30, 2019
Could someone please upload a save with the full gallery unlocked?

Also, which day of the week does episode 4 up 2 go up to? Does it cover the Felecia art gallery stuff on Wednesday?

Jan 21, 2023
Could someone please upload a save with the full gallery unlocked?

Also, which day of the week does episode 4 up 2 go up to? Does it cover the Felecia art gallery stuff on Wednesday?
The walkthrough mod in the front page also has a gallery unlocker. If you dont want the walkthrough, it looks like the extras.rpy file unlocks the gallery so you could just use that. I have not tested it though so I could be wrong I just took a brief look at the file.

I dont remember which day exactly it goes up to but I dont believe there is an art gallery scene yet with Felicia. The latest update has the punishment scenes with the carnations and a date with Mina.

• Red Heart
Reactions: avirz123
4.90 star(s) 477 Votes