TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
That is why this VN is in my top 5 games right now. The story is unique, compelling and totally unpredictable. Mutt & Jeff deserve more support, but I fear the story setting and content scare away emotionally fragile players.
Honestly, the amount of support we've received has exceeded both GIL and I's wildest dreams, and we're grateful and happy for where we're at.

Yeah, but I'm glad the emotional fragile aren't attracted tbh. I respect their feelings but the wars about and over content get old.
When we were first working on the initial release, I was a worried how it might be received on F95. I had been on this site for a couple of years then and I'd seen (and enjoyed reading) the shit storms that got kicked up in many a game's thread the moment a story deviated from harem wish fulfillment simulator. I think it helps that we're transparent with what our project is about from the git go and that people only have themselves to blame if they get surprised by the content.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
When we were first working on the initial release, I was a worried how it might be received on F95. I had been on this site for a couple of years then and I'd seen (and enjoyed reading) the shit storms that got kicked up in many a game's thread the moment a story deviated from harem wish fulfillment simulator. I think it helps that we're transparent with what our project is about from the git go and that people only have themselves to blame if they get surprised by the content.
I certainly hope you're right as I'm a firm believer in transparency.

But I suspect it's also because PC is still something of a niche game, so it attracts players inclined to support its atypical elements. If and when the game gets the wider audience its quality merits, I imagine the calls to conform to industry norms will be a lot louder and more vicious. And of course the siren's song of vast wealth if you give them what they want will be a lot more alluring when it's less theoretical.

Clearly, the important take away is that you should only listen to advice offered by your dedicated fans at this stage, and definitely not listen to the unwashed masses when you hit the big time. ;)

But in all seriousness I hope you can get the best of both worlds and be rewarded rather than harassed for making the game you want. Personally, if things ever veer too far in directions I don't like I'll definitely be disappointed, but I'm not going to feel betrayed. (Won't stop me politely complaining about it, of course.)

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
But I suspect it's also because PC is still something of a niche game, so it attracts players inclined to support its atypical elements. If and when the game gets the wider audience its quality merits, I imagine the calls to conform to industry norms will be a lot louder and more vicious.
That is true, the more exposure you get, the more likely you'll find some jerks. That might be why I'm relatively content with where we're at, where everyone has been very kind and receptive. Not that I don't want to see the project grow, because what human being doesn't enjoy validation and $$$, but I just hope that if we do, the respectful chatter and criticism will continue as it has and outweigh any potential garbage.

With trying to be transparent, I'm hoping we'll scare away those types for the most part.

And of course the siren's song of vast wealth if you give them what they want will be a lot more alluring when it's less theoretical.
GIL and I split the proceeds of the project equally, which means making even a livable wage off the project is pretty much untenable to begin with. We'd need an unrealistic, meteoric uptick in support for it to be even be a question of answering that call and smashing ourselves against that rock. :p

Last edited:

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Based on following threads for this and a couple of other games I enjoy, I think there's a good number of people interested in ones that don't pander to the "harem wish fulfilment simulator" crowd (nice description btw.) I don't mean to insult anyone who likes the standard harem games. I enjoy a decent HWFS. But there is a certain element that is very vocal and can easily make it seem like some things are not to be included (and some that must be included) if your game is to succeed. And I think a lot of devs give in to that pressure. It's good to see you and a few others sticking to "this is our vision, play it if it appeals to you but it is what it is."

tlarsen

Oct 19, 2020
Honestly, the amount of support we've received has exceeded both GIL and I's wildest dreams, and we're grateful and happy for where we're at.

I will admit i'm not normally into the whole humiliation/prostitution themed games especially when the girls are once i'm romancing but this game is probably the one exception the story is intriguing characters are good and actually feel like they have more going on other than just being there for the Mc to have fun with not to mention its one of the few games where i honestly have no idea where it's headed in regards to the story

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Any news?
New update courtesy of a Dev Diary today. Hopefully TD won't mind me posting the text:

TD1900 said:
Hey all, TD here with another dev diary.

We currently sit at 1329 images, with a good bit more coming for the remaining one and a half scenes.

GIL and I have decided to break chapter 3 up into three updates, in contrast to the two updates we did for chapter 2. The reason for this rests with two factors, the primary one being the scope of each heroine's individual plotlines for this week outweighing the previous chapter's. Basically, the one-on-one time the player character spends with Rosalind, Felicia, Veronica, Hana, and Mina will be more robust this time around.

The second reason is there's a natural ending point coming up soon that will let us conclude the update at a satisfactory spot, otherwise we fear we'd be taking too long in between updates if we pushed past it. This means you can expect an update pretty soon. We've been internally aiming for (late) Feburary since last month, however it could likely roll over into March. Expect us to be able to comfortably provide an exact release date for you before the end of the month.

Anyway, as for what to expect now the weekday content has been chopped into two, this update will feature significant screen time and character development for Hana, Mina, and Kathleen, with a fun side diversion featuring all the Carnations.

As always, thank you for support and we hope you'll enjoy the next update.
I've updated my chart to show the current static render count. I also went ahead and added an animation chart purely for the lulz:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Looks like the average is up to ~130 static renders per week. Technically we don't know that all these renders are for Update 1, but it sounds that way.

It's hard to judge anything purely by render count, but if this is roughly half the content of the pre-Exhibition week I can see why they split it up. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
New update courtesy of a Dev Diary today. Hopefully TD won't mind me posting the text:

I've updated my chart to show the current static render count. I also went ahead and added an animation chart purely for the lulz:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Looks like the average is up to ~130 static renders per week. Technically we don't know that all these renders are for Update 1, but it sounds that way.

It's hard to judge anything purely by render count, but if this is roughly half the content of the pre-Exhibition week I can see why they split it up. I'm certainly looking forward to it.
Thank you for sharing this :)

GIL3D

Illusionist
Game Developer
Sep 24, 2019
Thanks for the nice chart ename144 , I like reflecting on my average. I'd say my daily # is around 20ish, but then there are days in which I work on unnumbered pictures, animations, or just don't produce any pics at all. I do manage to catch up with the script writing every so often. Iirc there have been at least 3 days in which I've shot more than 50 statics.

The animations were not mentioned in the last DD, but right now we have 13 clips and... around 6 atls I think. Definitely more to come before the end of the update work. I can't wait you guys to see the technology leap in the clip department.

4.90 star(s) 474 Votes