YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
Considering that she tells you that the main thing she wants is honesty in the relationship it would be kind of weird for her to forgive you for lying to her to fuck (someone she kind of knows) literally the same day or day after you make the promise....
I'm just throwing out some theories on what TD and GIL intend with the cheating points. Obviously, I do not know their plans, but the fact that cheating on Hana is a numeric variable, rather than a binary (Yes/No) variable, the results of player choice must be determined by tabulation of multiple choices, rather than an IF condition being met at any one time. Like most set conditions in choice-based games, branching events will trigger based on whether the queried variable is above or below a certain numeric threshold, thus I postulated possible story threads that would utilize or necessitate such coding.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
, thus I postulated possible story threads that would utilize or necessitate such coding.
Couldn't that just be for (if) you cheating on her with multiple girls/times without needing stuff like "cheatwithmina/vero/felica"? I mean we have been given 2 chances to cheat on her already havent we? With Mina and either Rose/Vero? Not to mention we are going to be hanging out with felica before seeing Hana again

If for some reason I'm incorrect in my assumption (I know diddly sqaut about coding and or renpy) then you are likely correct but that's where mind went when I heard it was numeric not binary combined with my opinions on Hana as a character and the overall "integrity" of the narrative.

for example: you being allowed to cheat (x) amount of times before getting caught no matter who/when they are with would "cheapen" that part of the story

Last edited:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I'm just throwing out some theories on what TD and GIL intend with the cheating points. Obviously, I do not know their plans, but the fact that cheating on Hana is a numeric variable, rather than a binary (Yes/No) variable, the results of player choice must be determined by tabulation of multiple choices, rather than an IF condition being met at any one time. Like most set conditions in choice-based games, branching events will trigger based on whether the queried variable is above or below a certain numeric threshold, thus I postulated possible story threads that would utilize or necessitate such coding.
it's dumb af to cheat on her anyway, if you want to be in a relationship with her good, do that and be loyal. Otherwise choose the fuckbuddy option. That way no one gets hurt.

onknight

Feb 8, 2019
Currently there is neither content, nor indication. With the Hana exclusivity choice, it looks like the devs have begun the "elimination phase" of the game where you'll have to start closing relationship opportunities.
I did take the Hana exclusivity choice Waiting to see what happens

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
it's dumb af to cheat on her anyway, if you want to be in a relationship with her good, do that and be loyal. Otherwise choose the fuckbuddy option. That way no one gets hurt.
even more fucked considering you are cheating on her with someone who you were in an affair with previously who was only in that position because her boyfriend was cheating on her :KEK:

Reactions: Elduriel

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
Couldn't that just be for (if) you cheating on her with multiple girls/times without needing stuff like "cheatwithmina/vero/felica"? I mean we have been given 2 chances to cheat on her already havent we? With Mina and either Rose/Vero? Not to mention we are going to be hanging out with felica before seeing Hana again

If for some reason I'm incorrect in my assumption (I know diddly sqaut about coding and or renpy) then you are likely correct but that's where mind went when I heard it was numeric not binary combined with my opinions on Hana as a character and the overall "integrity" of the narrative.

for example: you being allowed to cheat (x) amount of times before getting caught no matter who/when they are with would "cheapen" that part of the story
The variable is "Hana cheated" and is new to Ch. 4 - Up. 3 (the current version), and only activates on "IF HanaGF=True". The official Walkthrough (Forum's OP) shows which variables at play, and when they are increased or decreased, but here is a simplified version:

In this Update (IF HanaGF=True):
IF sex with Mina
THEN Hana cheated +1
ELSE Hana cheated = 0

IF sex with Veronica
OR sex with bar girl
OR sex with Rosalind
THEN Hana cheated +1
ELSE (refuse sex and go home) No change

So, IF "HanaGF=True", then a faithful player would have "Hana cheated = 0", but a cheating MC would have at least 1 point with a maximum of 2 possible points at this point in the game, with no doubt more to come with Felicia etc. next update.

IF HanaGF=False
THEN "Hana cheated" locked at "0".

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
The variable is "Hana cheated" and is new to Ch. 4 - Up. 3 (the current version), and only activates on "IF HanaGF=True". The official Walkthrough (Forum's OP) shows which variables at play, and when they are increased or decreased, but here is a simplified version
That is how I thought it would look but does that change anything else about my post? I still think it would "hurt" the writing if for example: only have sex with girl at the bar yet (somehow) finds out and acts the exact same as if you fucked someone "closer" to her? Or even worse (for her character) she "lets" you cheat one, two,three, however many times before she's says "hey i wanted honesty!".

IMO HanaCheat "punishing" you at +1 or above (sometime down the line) makes the most amount of sense "in story" and its HanaCheat instead of HanaCheat(X) because there are so many opportunities to do it (but any will result in the break up or whatever).

Edit: You can also use URM to view and modify variables without needing the rely on the walkthrough (you might lose context as to what the choices do but it's easy to figure out)

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
That is how I thought it would look but does that change anything else about my post? I still think it would "hurt" the writing if for example: only have sex with girl at the bar yet (somehow) finds out and acts the exact same as if you fucked someone "closer" to her? Or even worse (for her character) she "lets" you cheat one, two,three, however many times before she's says "hey i wanted honesty!".

IMO HanaCheat "punishing" you at +1 or above (sometime down the line) makes the most amount of sense "in story" and its HanaCheat instead of HanaCheat(X) because there are so many opportunities to do it (but any will result in the break up or whatever).

Edit: You can also use URM to view and modify variables without needing the rely on the walkthrough (you might lose context as to what the choices do but it's easy to figure out)
Like I said, all I know is this is the direction TD&GIL went with instead of "HanaCheat=True" or "HanaCheatVeronica=True", so their plan doesn't involve a "one and done", nor a "I can't believe you cheated on me with Veronica" scene when the blow-up finally happens. There's the small possibility that it is a "one and done", and they want to have Hana demand MC tells her how many times he's cheated, but to me that seems like extra work on the code to modify a single line of dialogue. Remember, the more characters, and variables, and queries you put in your code, the harder it has to work, and the greater chance for bugs to occur, so their variable title/math choice tells me that the blow-up scene will be branching scenes rather than "you made one choice, here's the exact same scene for everyone who made that choice regardless of frequency."

I referenced the walkthrough as the Mod only gives you the path you're on and whichever you pick of A) Veronica, B) bar girl, C) Rosalind, or D) None, shuts out the other 3 paths, so you don't know those options even exist, much less if they also give the "Hana cheated" variable unless you either play all paths or check the walkthrough.

rippertipper

Sep 22, 2022
I think the Hana cheated points are easy enough to figure out what they will lead to, but what about the Anger points? That confused me.

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
I think the Hana cheated points are easy enough to figure out what they will lead to, but what about the Anger points? That confused me.
The prevailing theory is how amiable she will be toward Kat's desires for the Club, and the future thereof. If she is less angry, she is likely to listen/abide Kat's direction, whereas an angry Hana might go so far as to fire Kat. There is a theory that an angry Hana will sell her shares of the Club and leave the place behind for good, however since this would likely result in Kat obtaining more power, and Kat's actions suggest she was an unangry Hana, it does not seem to be the case.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Just a correction, Hana can't fire Kath because the sadistic woman is also a owner of the place.
But i agree that the anger points likely revolve around Hana being more open to help Katherine or not.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Simpgor

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022

And she should find out, if you cheated on her with Mina soon:

"Hey, can I get Mina's number...?"

1707983970592.png
:BootyTime:

Unreal434

Sep 23, 2018
It would be ideal if you could talk yourself out of possible breakup situation depending on the girl you´ve cheated with.

"Yes its normal that Veronica hangs in my place half naked and technically I did not fuck her but she fucked me!"
And Hana be like "Understandable. You´ll be washing dishes as a punishment for a while." :HideThePain:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
It would be ideal if you could talk yourself out of possible breakup situation depending on the girl you´ve cheated with.

"Yes its normal that Veronica hangs in my place half naked and technically I did not fuck her but she fucked me!"
And Hana be like "Understandable. You´ll be washing dishes as a punishment for a while." :HideThePain:
Bro, it would be so lame. So lame.

Hana is cool. We don't need "lame Hana".

Man, this "our MC should fuck around however he wants without real consequences" shit is such a lame and, most of all, unsexy fantasy.

1000Spiders

Aug 17, 2022
Man, this "our MC should fuck around however he wants without real consequences" shit is such a lame and, most of all, unsexy fantasy.
Thank you. You literally get a fuck buddy route where you can stick your cock in any damn thing that moves and still go home to Hana if that's what you want. If you tell Hana you're committing to her and then fuck around, there should be consequences.

Reactions: Garen and Elduriel

Garen

May 6, 2017
Hana is cool. We don't need "lame Hana".

Agreed. Especially when we do have a clear 'Goth GF vs Fuck buddies' choice.

If you want Hana to smash or get smashed with another girl, then get on your knees and pray to the almighty 'Bicurious' stat like the rest of us. All our hopes and dreams are up to Mina's passive now.

1680279265851029.jpg The seed has already been sown.

4.90 star(s) 474 Votes